PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 2009

lewpopp
04-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Our neighbors across the street are seriously looking at a Liberty H345 and it is a 2009. I guess they had some 60's left over because it doesn't have the Volvo mill.

What rules are there for what year you can claim your coach as as a manufacturer. Can you give it any year you fell like?

The coach they had here next door to Kathy and I was one beautiful buggy.

I was only 2.1 million, WHAT TA BARGAIN !!!

They (Liberty) have this guy breathing so hard he can't spell or utter MPD.

garyde
04-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Lew. Usually its a year earlier from the conversion date. So the 2009 Liberty is a 2008 Prevost most likely. But it may also depend on what date the Conversion was built. If was built in early 2008 , it could be a 2007 Prevost. You might check out the Vin # in the windshield.
If you get a chance, shake that man's hand for Purchasing New. He's just made some second owner very happy!

lewpopp
04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I totally understand the year of the coach and the registered year, but aren't there some guidelines they have go go by for picking a year this early in 08?

garyde
04-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I believe the auto industry starts marketing their new year about the third quarter of any given year. However, the RV industry begins marketing the next years model in the first quarter of the year. One reason for this is to take orders and to guage how strong the sales year will be. It's a relatively small industry so they start early.

Coloradobus
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
The 10th digit of the VIN is the year. For exmple 2PCV334999X101OOOO IN this Sample VIN "X" indicates 1999 The new shells, there will be a number, say 1101, or 2101, or3101 etc.
YOu can also check the tag on engine curbside valve cover. Or the Webasto may have a build date..

lewpopp
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info on the year. I just dug out the maintenance sheet on understanding the VIN. The 8th digit back is the code for the year. Thanks. They are new Prevost buyers and will get a little excited about me telling them it is a 08 chassis. I don't think the salesman hasn't devulged that to them.

FrankK
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Just to shed a little light here, it has been common practice for some 10 years or more that the conversion year of a coach be 1 year newer than the shell, this is because traditionally Prevost changes its year model around October 1st, when those units are finished the conversion year model is typically changed somewhere in the April or May time frame. Since Prevost or any chassis manufacturer is not a final state manufacturer, the conversion company dictates the year model, however there are some coaches out there that have shell to conversion year models up to 4 years apart, anything more than 2 years is a hard sell on the used market to the state it will eventually be titled so it is wise to for a buyer of a new or used coach to find out what year the shell is.

Coloradobus
05-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Yuu're right Lew, From right to left the year indicator of the VIN is 8 digits back. From left to right it's the 10th.

truk4u
05-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks Frank...

lewpopp
05-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I just don't want my neighbors to find out that they have an 08 chassis after they make the purchase. I want them to totally understand what we all understand.

FrankK
05-03-2008, 09:47 AM
There will be no question as to what the chassis year model is, all of our customers are told that information before the purchase is made.

lewpopp
05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I just found out this evening at dinner that sales informed the prospective owner that the numbers seldom match because of time.

I am not trying to stir the dung, but I know these people are breathing so damn hard that their eyes and mind could do tricks on them and not pay attention to some of the details. I care about my neighbors.

I only wish I could do business with Liberty, they have some beautiful merchandise.