PDA

View Full Version : Balance Masters ????

dalej
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
I was at the Detroit place in town today and was going to pick up some Equal for the steer tires. I had rotated them 180 degrees on the wheels before we left for TN. and noticed I had a vibration in the ride at 65-70 mph.

He said that most people use Balance Masters instead. I know we have covered this topic but he has a bunch of used ones for $25/wheel. I bought two, to try them out. He said a fleet had sold them.

If anyone loves these and wants to buy some, let me know and I can bring them to South Dakota or Okie City.

Note: I have never used them so I'm not recommending them until I have some miles on them. But I'm letting you know that I would get them and hold them for you.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Those are a steal at that price and having them ourselves I think you will not be disappointed.

What did you rotate 180 degrees??????? The tires on the rims? Why?

dalej
04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Joe,

My tires were wearing a bit more on the inside. I switched them left to right for 10,000 and then a rotate on the wheel to even out the wear.

dale farley
04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Dale, Are these the same for the tag and drive axle? Does it take a different style for the drive axle? I assume you only need one for each side of the drive axle?

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes Dale your assumption is correct the tag and steer balancers are different from what is required on the drives. The ones he has in the picture are for the steer/tag.

dalej
04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Well lets close this chapter quickly. I went out, pulled a steer tire off and tried to install a balancer....didn't fit :(. So I'm taking the two of them back. It fits the wheel but won't fit over the drum

jonnie
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree with Jon on this subject. Balance Master are a fine product, but Equal or the other internal alternatives are far less expensive and still do the same job. My coach is not as heavy as your but still pretty stout and I love the internal balancing.