PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp

jello_jeep
04-24-2008, 08:01 AM
I have a headlamp out on my bus, 96 Marathon on a 95 shell.

One of my headlamps are out. Do you guys know of a source that would be cheaper than Prevost for a replacement?

Also has anyone stepped up to halogen lamps, and is it worth the $$?? If so where did you get them?

Thanks!!

merle&louise
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Warren,

I had a burnt headlight after the TN rally. I stopped at a TA truck stop to have a nail removed from my tag axle tire, and they had a replacement bulb in stock ($10.99). So I changed the burnt bulb as well as the other side (figured since they were the same age it would be wise to change it). :D

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Warren,

I had a burnt headlight after the TN rally. I stopped at a TA truck stop to have a nail removed from my tag axle tire, and they had a replacement bulb in stock ($10.99). So I changed the burnt bulb as well as the other side (figured since they were the same age it would be wise to change it). :D

TUGA - Now, .... Let's hear truly, all the problems you have had with your
Newell:)
Sandy

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I forgot to add---your door isn't where it should be either!:)
Sandy

merle&louise
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Sandy,

I am bringing my coach to Newell to have a second doorbell installed in the front of the coach. This will aid some night owls who are unfamiliar with Newells.

We had a great time with you and Ed and all the rest of the POG gang. We'll look you up next time we are in Key West.:D

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Sandy,

I am bringing my coach to Newell to have a second doorbell installed in the front of the coach. This will aid some night owls who are unfamiliar with Newells.

We had a great time with you and Ed and all the rest of the POG gang. We'll look you up next time we are in Key West.:D

Please make sure that the 2nd door bell works with sunglasses at night and with Homemade Kalua:)
Had a great time with the 3 of you.!!!

Sandy

jello_jeep
04-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Tuga, are the lamp assemblies on your coach the same as a Prevost? I don't have my bus close at hand to see if you can just change the bulb or if its a sealed beam assembly..

Ray Davis
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Jeep,

Hard to say for sure, my 93 was just an assembly with a bulb in it. I changed both of the bulbs to some more "super bright" variants. Really easy. Not sure if in the newer models they went to sealed beam or not.

Ray

merle&louise
04-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Tuga, are the lamp assemblies on your coach the same as a Prevost? I don't have my bus close at hand to see if you can just change the bulb or if its a sealed beam assembly..

Good question Warren, I'm not sure if they are the same. Hope that they are - it was an easy fix.:)

Darrell McCarley
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Warren. I went to the local auto parts store and purchased the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs to replace my origionals. They are white and bright. Much better than before. About $38.00 . Darrell

jello_jeep
04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks all! I will do er myself and save $$. I already owe Marathon Ca more than I paid for my first car LOL !