PDA

View Full Version : Source for Lights

dale farley
04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Who is the best source for these little 10 watt lights that I have throughout the ceiling of my bus? The converter, Prevost or someone else?

jonnie
04-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Dale,

I bet there are a few on Ebay

billbunch47
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Dale, contact Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Or. 866-678-7467, ask for Joe Cioli. There website is nwrvsupply.com site is not all that helpfull but you can look around he is backdoor with CC and Monaco Great to deal with and dirt cheap, have fun. Bill

mcirco
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi Dale,

I had to replace a number of them when I had my 2000 Country Coach. I alsways bought them at the local marine store in our area - West Marine or Boaters World.
Although your lights are rated at 10 watts - I remember some replacements did not list the wattage but only the current which is about .8 amps. I actually found some of lower wattage (current) which I liked better in some locations since they can run pretty hot. I know you can get the 10 watt lights from Country Coach if all else fails. Call their parts department and ask for Ken.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach XLII 45' D/S

Larry W
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I have found the cheapest place for me to buy the bulbs is at the RV dealership not far from home. This is our second coach in 8 plus years that have used these bulbs. The highest price we have paid was from Monaco.
The last ones I purcahsed was about 2 lewbucks each.

Darl-Wilson
04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Bill, thanks so much for posting the info about this company. I have been looking for the 19 1/2" Vanity fluorescent tubes with the side socket. A couple of places wanted $29.95 ea. I just bought them at Northwest RV Supply (http://www.nwrvsupply.com/index.htm) in Eugene, OR for $10.95 and they are being shipped today. The owner's name is Joe, and he bought the business from his father George (deceased). Mom Shila still works in the store. The website is under construction but a call, toll-free, 866-678-7467, or email, mail@nwrvsupply.com will get a prompt reply. Joe told me they have lots of Prevost parts.;) They buy surplus and obsolete parts from most of the manufactures in that area. Marathon, Monaco, and Country Coach are built near Eugene. Too bad they don't have a catalog or a better website but I highly recommend calling this place for hard-to-find items or for a great deal. One important thing Joe told me was to sent photos of needed items. I guess they don't have parts numbers on some parts.

Darl

rmboies
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Bill, thanks so much for posting the info about this company. I have been looking for the 19 1/2" Vanity fluorescent tubes with the side socket. A couple of places wanted $29.95 ea.
Darl

Darl, FYI, Brian the service manager at Millennium told us to go to Lowes for many of these bulbs. Bob found several that we needed in the small drawers in the lighting section of Lowes. I am sure you can order the bulbs you need online but it is nice to know that you can make a trip to Lowes and pick them up!

Debi

dale farley
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I guess it pays to shop around. I talked to Joe at Northwest, and he was a really nice fellow. Unfortunately, he only had four of the light assemblies at $12.95 each. I called Country Coach, and they have the complete light assembly for $5.91 each. That's not too much more than the bulb alone costs. I also ordered some of the 250 lb hydraulic struts from CC for $11.95 each. They must have been having a sale today.

rickdesilva
04-21-2008, 10:44 PM
try this:
www.interconmktg.com