PDA

View Full Version : De-Ionized Water Sytems

truk4u
04-20-2008, 11:38 AM
In looking at the Invisible Chamois, I also found one that you can re-energize yourself by buying the resin or replacement canisters rather than sending the whole unit back for service.

What's your take on this CR Spotless System for 349.99?

http://crspotless.com/

MangoMike
04-20-2008, 11:49 AM
BaaaBaaaTrukster,

The IC system only uses one tank and it cost $85 for a refill, which includes shipping. It appears the other system is pricier for refills.

Hopefully some POGr who has actually used the CR system can post some hands on info.

mm

Darl-Wilson
04-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Costco has a better price (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=BC&Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BC|3960|21277&N=4001205%204294911236&Mo=0&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=) and you get extras like refills that are included in the price. Check it out!

truk4u
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks Darl....

Jon Wehrenberg
04-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Doesn't anybody hand dry their bus anymore? Rub it, massage it, show it you care!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I have the Invisible Chamois, but I have ONLY used it once to wash my bus myself, and it worked great. I know that Mango, and JDUB also have the same unit that I do, but Dale Juranic has the unit that is refillable youself. He likes his unit.

In fact he likes his unit so much, that he let me use his De Ionizer to rinse off HIS BUS at the rally. What a swell guy. :D Thanks Dale for letting me use your rinse unit.

Gary S.

truk4u
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks to all, I ordered the Invisible Chamois.

Jon Boy - Why hand dry, let er drip crystal clear and that gives you more time to check your chinese tires:p

Jon Wehrenberg
04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't need to check those tires. They still look like they have air. That's good enough isn't it?

rfoster
04-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Truk: I just bought the invisible chamois prior to POGV. Have only used it once and was pleased with the results. Jim Keller got his back in Kerrville and recommended it - so no problem when Jim Keller says it is good - thats good enough for me.

You can rest easy now Truk.

tdelorme
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Doesn't anybody hand dry their bus anymore? Rub it, massage it, show it you care!

My gosh, Jon, don't you figure sticking $700 worth of diesel in her every few days is showing we care??
And I looked at your slack adjusters. What, they got dirty on the way down the mountain? :)

Jon Wehrenberg
04-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Those were Roger's you were looking at Ted. Mine are not allowed to get dirty.

He was so busy installing stainless he did not have the time to polish his slack adjusters.

jonnie
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
This Is Not A Political Statement. It's Just Something I Thought I Would Pass Along Because It Really Touched My Heart!

Semper Fi

jonnie
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Sorry it did not work!

tdelorme
04-26-2008, 03:41 PM
OK, here is what I got from Costco. This deal was a little over $400 delivered and included two sets of quick connects, 50' hose, 4ft. stainless steel hose for input side, good quality hand sprayer and two bags of refill resin. Now if I can get Jan to come on out and let me teach her how to use it we'll be good to go.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/w1.jpg

hhoppe
04-26-2008, 07:32 PM
For you Po Folk like Lew and I , I offer the following. http://www.nsearch.com/?i=34499046&showfull=1
I bought some of this Self Dry rain-X car wash soap and it did a marvelous job on my bus using Reno , NV tap water with air drying only. Could not believe the results. rain-X also has a new line of windshield wipers that work great also. They have a heavy type for ice and snow and a regular service ones also.

merle&louise
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
For you Po Folk like Lew and I , I offer the following. http://www.nsearch.com/?i=34499046&showfull=1
I bought some of this Self Dry rain-X car wash soap and it did a marvelous job on my bus using Reno , NV tap water with air drying only. Could not believe the results. rain-X also has a new line of windshield wipers that work great also. They have a heavy type for ice and snow and a regular service ones also.

Harry,

How did the RainX carwash work on the windshields and windows? Spot free?

Jon Wehrenberg
04-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I am not a guy that uses anything but water to wash my cars or bus. But yesterday I wanted to clean all the tire dressing goop off my tires so I used Rain X car wash soap on the tires and then cleaned the dirt from the aluminum wheels.

I rinsed the tires and wheels and before I could get back to dry them with a towel they had started to dry off spot free. I was impressed. I have not tried it on a car or the coach, but what I saw on the wheels indicates Harry is on to something.

hhoppe
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Tuga; Windshields came out spot free, but the side windows not completely spot free. I think they could use rain-X window treatment prior to washing. I'll try it next and report the outcome. I think the rest of the coach got help from a prior wax coating because they it came out sparkling. Windows are always a case of their own it seems.