PDA

View Full Version : POGV Charity Auction--THANK YOU!!

rmboies
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I didn't want my deeply grateful "Thank You" to get lost under Mango's shaved moustache so I started a separate title:D

We all know that this group is fun-loving, educational, and a good source for help of any kind. Until this charity auction Thursday night ,I didn't completely realize just how far this group is willing to go to help a wonderful cause.

For those of you who were unable to attend,(we wish you could have been there!) this auction far exceeded any auction we have had to date. The resulting funds, almost $7400.00!, went towards various programs for animal rescue. "Pilots-N-Paws" is a group that Jon and I started and in a way, so did POG! When I posted to this group, asking if anyone was headed from the panhandle of Florida to SC and would they possibly be willing to let my rescue dobe tag along, Jon replied with "would he like to fly to his new home?" That one act of kindness led us to a road neither one of us expected. You can read about what we do at www.pilotsnpaws.org and watch a youtube video of one of our flights at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJ6lnidOoo Please contact me to find out more about how you may be able to help in your area just by posting flyers.

The other rescue group is a wonderful retired couple from Crossville, TN. Jackie and Allen Baker of "Wags and Whiskers" brought three sweet dogs and two kitties to the rally. One pup was adopted by a local family staying at the park and I have to tell you both the pup and his new little boy were over the moon happy! "Wags and Whiskers" takes in approximately 600 or more animals every years. They give them the medical care they need, spay and neuter them, and find good adoptive homes. I believe in just the past few years they have placed over 4000, yes thousand, animals! I know how difficult and how expensive rescue work is and these people in the trenches deserve more then we can ever begin to give to them. They were amazed at the generosity of our group and very pleased that we asked them to participate. You can visit their website at: http://www.wawpr.org/

Mango, you are amazing! You too JDUB!! I could see Mike's wheels over there turning and the next thing I knew, he was creeping around tables, silently twisting arms while our great auctioner, Skiffer, continued on with a great list of donated items. I swear, I was speechless when Mango took the Mike and made his challenge to JDUB! Those of you who know me realize that I am not often left speechless :-)

Thanks to both of you for your novel ideas and for being good sports! POG members are incredible people and because of all of you, animals in desperate situations will find themselves either in the air on their way to a second chance or in loving arms through their foster and rescue homes.

My extremely heartfelt thanks to all of you!!

Debi

Joe Cannarozzi
04-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Congradulations

The sweet smell of success.

Thank You