PDA

View Full Version : Winegard Movin' View Satellite

Tully
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Have the chance to purchase a Winegard Movin' View Satellite new in the box. This is the MV3500 T with High Def. Can get for $650.00.

Has anyone used this unit. The dome seems a little tall at 17.5 high. The dome is 33 1/2 round base. Would there be any clearance issues?

Tully

Darl-Wilson
04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Here is a link that sells that unit (http://www.skyvision.com/store/mi1500201.html) for almost double your price.. They give the height as 15 3/4" which is about the same as my TracStar. Simply take the over all height of your coach and add 1' 3 3/4". I'll bet you have radio antennas higher than the dome. Good Luck Tully. Looks like a steal.

tdelorme
04-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Tully, that is a good unit at a great price. I installed a MovinView on our last coach and it performed well. The only drawback is that the unit is a bit on the noisy side while it is trying to lock on to a signal, which can take a few minuets. Then the noise starts back again while you are moving and the unit is searching again. They call it the "washing machine noise" and when you get used to it, it's no big deal. The instal is simple (2 wires as I remember) and the unit will do what you would expect it to. You will not do better for those Lewbucks.