PDA

View Full Version : P5 Rally Photos

Jerry Winchester
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
So before we get a nasty-gram from Ray Davis about why we are not posting any photos from the rally, here is a place to start posting them so all our real estate value challanged colleagues in the West can enjoy the fun.

I'll start off by posting a few pics from P1-P4 just to get us started.

The MangoMothership pulls into POG1 complete with sign and hula girl.

The whole group. I think there were about 20 people on the POG board at this point. Ten of them made the trip to Polk City. We never saw two of them again. I think Bob00 drove them crazy with all his chatter.

Catbird parking at the Balloon Fest on the way to P2 in Santa Fe.

The Trukster, Ole What's Her Name and Mrs. Sticky having vittles next to Big Red at P2.

Jerry Winchester
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Loc, A1 Jon and Di hitting the BBQ on the way to P3

Truk4U Memorial Piss Stop somewhere on I-10. Yep we stopped 15 coaches so the Krakster could squeeze the sponge after we had been on the road about 30 minutes. New nickname - Mr. Peanut Bladder

Jerry Winchester
04-09-2008, 11:01 PM
This photo from P4 speaks for itself.......

Jon Wehrenberg
04-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Proof that POG is going to the dogs.

MangoMike
04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Spy Satellite photo of the Pre POG4 gathering at the JDUB hanger in Houston. Can you spot Lew's bus?

MangoMike
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Tom trying to convince one of the locals to join POG over at Kerrville.

Jon advertising to pickup some spare change to help offset the exorbitant cost of POG I.

truk4u
04-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Mango & Jdub - $289.00?:eek:

Corona Kelly out...

Mrs. Mango in.....

A-1 deep in thought - "hmm, it might work in my Liberty"

Never, never let Mango have Red Bull & Beer!

Loc
04-10-2008, 12:29 PM
JDUB,

Thanks for the inclusion of the picture. As you know I have been banned for life from the POG rallies (something to do with a checkered past), but you were kind enough to let me attend (read: work like a sled dog) at the Prevostpalooza POG 3 Pre-Rally at the Hangar.

Mango,

Is that a spacer (on the mirror) that I see on the front of the original Mothership? Was that used for one of those plastic shields?

Loc

Jon Wehrenberg
04-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Libertys do not have plastic shields.

They use a bra to protect the fine finish. The bra looks as bad as the plastic shield, but at least the bra is removeable and can be stored at the bottom of the grease pit.

MangoMike
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Loc,

That's the external attachment point for the MangoRita machine.

But thanks for trying to stir up the shieldpot.

mm

rfoster
04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Now Jdub is getting some good use out of this building instead of storing that damn airplane in here!
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/CIMG3151.jpg

Toy Box
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I thought bras were for little girl buses? Just wondering.

Jim Skiff
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=793

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Here are the first of the pictures I will be taking throughout this week while here at POG V.

I hope you enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/POGVSeviervilleTN?authkey=0ryQer0L5Jk

The best way to view these pictures are to log into the site above and then view via the slideshow button. You can choose to increase / decrease the viewing time as you see fit. I believe you can also print pictures if you want to.

I will be updating pictures daily.

Gary S.

Kevin Erion
04-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Gary S.
Thanks so much for the great pictures. If we can't be with you guys, this is the next best thing, keep them coming!

Ray Davis
04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Much appreciated! Wish we were there!

Coloradobus
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Great photos GARY,
Looked like fun with lots of busses to stare at.

Hope everyone has fun in Nevada. Our coach has a CRACKED:eek: oil pan and the part is on back order. So, we are off the road.:(

garyde
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Jim and Gary for the photos. I noticed a lot more wives in attendance . That will keep 'the boys' from getting into trouble hopefully.
Gary has a pretty wide grin on his face, must be that new Coach.
A lot of familiar faces, wish I could have made it.

Joe Cannarozzi
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Get those name tags where they can be seen:confused:

Jim Skiff
04-15-2008, 11:14 PM
More Pictures (http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=784)

MangoMike
04-15-2008, 11:15 PM
This has been shaping up to be another great POG let's drink the Kool Aid get together.

We're having a blast and it just seems to get better by the day.

Special thanks to Loc for providing breakfast for all the fuel starved Prevo dudes.

MangoMike
04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Around the "Campfire in a Can".

dale farley
04-16-2008, 12:11 AM
As this picture shows, some of us were working while others were having fun tonight. After troubleshooting an electrical problem, Miles and Jim helped me resolve an issue that had plagued me for the last 24 hours.

Ray Davis
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow, I REALLY wish I were there. Thanks for the pictures.

Ray

MangoMike
04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Speaking of work.

There was some nefarious work being performed on our busses while we were out at the shoot.

Can you believe somebody would mess with your bus? I don't know what we've done to deserve this treatment. Man!

mm

Jim Skiff
04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Here are some more plastic shields. It was reported that JDUB was in need of some "protection" on the rear of his coach recently and the plastic was applied there accordingly.:D

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=783

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Keep this link at your disposal, because I update it regualarly with more pictures.

I have found out that when I add pictures to this album, everyone can link into it and see all the new photos.

We will be running the slideshow tomorrow during lunch and dinner for everyones enjoyment at the event.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens...ey=0ryQer0L5Jk

Gary S.

Ray Davis
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Gary,

Unfortunately, it seems you cut and pasted the previous link which is "shortened" in vBulletin to display in a shorter space.

Here's the original link:

or if you want to click directly:

Wishin we were there!

Ray

Ray Davis
04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Gary,

Thanks again for the pictures. Sitting here working, got the slide show cycling!

Ray

truk4u
04-16-2008, 11:02 PM
After looking REAL close at the back of Jdub's bus, I can clearly see some traces of body work up high on one side. Is it possible there is some real secret stuff not being revealed to the fellow Poggers by the great Flame Snuffer?:eek:

I think further investigation is needed and the Ding Award may have a new home.

What say you boy's?

JIM KELLER
04-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Tom, After a real close inspection yesterday by the TDT [ truth discovery team] it was determined an object had punctured the rear area of the big man's Bus. On the good side the " cover up " repairs were first class !

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Ray, sorry about the link for the pictures.

Here is the link for today. Hope they come out? Sorry to hear about your smoke problems. Hope that is going well for you?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/emailAlbumForm?uname=gstevens51&aid=5189267488101411409&authkey=0ryQer0L5Jk

Let me know if this link doesn't work.

Gary S.

bill&jody
04-17-2008, 09:07 AM
i don't know, gary - the orig links worked fine for me . . .
thanks for all the great (and even the opened mouth) shots!
keep that camera flashing.
jody

rickdesilva
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Last night at the Margarita Fest! The 3 Amigos... MANGO......JDUB........TRUK

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-18-2008, 08:02 AM
We had an outstanding time last night at the dinner sponsored by Parliament Coach.

This was also the evening of the Charity Auction for all sorts of miscellaneous goodies, brought and purchased by a number of fantastic POGGERS.

I haven't heard the final tally of the money raised by I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than $5000.00.

The pinnacle of the evening was the $1000 paid by JDUB for the saving ( not shaving ) of his moustache, and the actual shaving of Mango Mikes moustache. All of this raised $3100 just for this event, and then all of the added auction items, made it quite an event.

Here are the pictures so far for the entire week.

Gary S.

Jim Skiff
04-18-2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.prevostownersgroup.com//photoalbums/index.cfm?fuseaction=slideshow.photoalbum&photoalbumid=985

MangoMike
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
My personal thanks to the following list of very close friends of JDUB who donated, without a moments hesitation, a $100 for the Animal Rescue fund if he shaved off his beloved mustache.

Jon
Trukman
Miles
Mel Torme
Fast Roger
Bruce
Alex
Bryan
Ed
Dale
Denny
Gary
Jim K
Jim S
Lee
Tuga
Rick
Shookie
Mrs. Mango
Shooter Jim C.
B-O-B

If I've overlooked your name please let me know as I want to make certain that everyone receives the proper credit for such a worthy cause.

Credit should also be given to JDUB for writing that generous $1,000 check to the rescue fund. The man knows no bounds when it comes to caring for animals.

mm

Joe Cannarozzi
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
So what am I missing here? Did Mike shave Jerry too?

BrianE
04-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Mike, We all know the REAL reason the big fella wrote the 1G check. Try as you might to smooze your way out of it I would guess you will need to keep your flame snuffer suit within easy reach. :D

In addition, being known as a mole lover normally is not a sought after distinction. Jim C's contribution of $65 to a good cause however made it all worthwhile. Thanks Jim and thanks Mike....I think :eek: Now, can we please put it to sleep?

Jon Wehrenberg
04-20-2008, 07:31 AM
I want all of the membership of this group to recognize Mango and JDUB for their contributions. Both are always a huge part of our rallies and go far beyond the call of duty to add to our enjoyment.

Mango's efforts to raise money for the charities was a stroke of genius and although it cost him his mustache and it cost JDUB $1000 they fattened the pot by $3100.

Their cocktail party, with assistance from Truk and their respective ladies was awesome amd much appreciated.

There is no doubt without these two lovers of farm animals our rallies would be a little less fun, and I think all who attend would agree.

rfoster
04-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Mike & Jdub: The crab cakes at the Thursday evening Libations and get together were the best food of the week. My compliments and appreciation- you guys make it happen- -you too Truk.

Other than Monday night Potluck which was delicious - it made the rest of the weeks vittles taste like school food. We/I appreciate the participation of the sponsors for the meals (Liberty, Parliament, Pantera, sorry if I leave someone out). But they are limited to the catering services available to them.

I hope Jdub and Mike will wear their plastic sheilds with honor as they were well deserved. If only I knew who installed them, I would have suggested more bling.

Thanks for helping make another great fun filled POG Rally!

rmboies
04-20-2008, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=MangoMike;28032]My personal thanks to the following list of very close friends of JDUB who donated, without a moments hesitation, a $100 for the Animal Rescue fund if he shaved off his beloved mustache.

Mango, one person I see you forgot to add to your list is Bob--but he is so quiet it is not surprising that you overlooked him:D The other person missing from the donation list is you and we all know this huge fundraiser would not have been accomplished if not for your generous idea.....

JDUB, you are a trooper, and thank you so much for being a good sport and giving so generously to help rescue animals. Somehow, I have an odd feeling that Mango may need rescued in the near future though:eek: LOL

Debi

Joe Cannarozzi
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Rodger have you been periodically adding more and more stainless?

How about some pictures of that.

Debbie tell Bob that from what I have heard his drivers cockpit is the something to see and experience.

Brian you folks and that bus received many compliments from the few I have talked with. I think in you we have legitimate competition for Jon and his anle award;)

This is all looking from the outside in as you all understand.

I think Chalopka's and us would make a good team. They have no bus and we have never been to a rally:eek:

Jerry Winchester
04-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Well I just made it back to Houston after the 2655 mile odyssey, with moustache intact no thanks to my buddies.

I don't even know where to start with this. The sheep on the Trukman's bus may have been a new low. To say we had a good time would be an understatement. Like anything, you get out of it what you put into it and I appreciate all the kind words and I surely hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

It was good to meet all the new folks and have a few laughs. The highlights had to include the Jon / Hector Level Low seminar complete with computer models. And I always enjoy hearing from Bill Jensen with Prevost. I am glad to know what that heat exchanger on the radiator is for.

We hated to have to leave early, but trust the sorties continued well after we slipped out at Odark:30 on Friday.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Peg and I made it home safe and sound, Sunday around 1:00pm.

We left Sevierville, around 4:00am Saturday morning, just before the rain hit.

Hope all made it out of the park safely and didn't have any problems?

Peg and I had a fabulous time, and all though the rest of our vacation time is already planned for this year, we are already planning on the next big POG rally in 09.

If anybody is coming thru Sugar Land, TX or the Houston area, let me know, we may be able to hook up for a TX mini rally. Loc, JDUB, Hector and myself are usually available for a hoe down in our neck of the woods?

Gary S.

Ray Davis
04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Gary,

Thank you very much for the picture coverage, for those of us unable to attend. It looked like one of the best rallies to date!

Ray

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Glad you liked the pictures Ray. I still have more to upload, but left the cable and power for my camera on the bus, so will head back over there later this week to pick up things I forgot to get, and take back things we shouldn't have taken off when we unloaded.

But I guess everybody goes through that with the exception of the full timers? :D

Gary S.

rmboies
04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Joe Cannarozzi;28046]
Debbie tell Bob that from what I have heard his drivers cockpit is the something to see and experience.

I'll be sure and tell him Joe:D

Debi

rickdesilva
04-21-2008, 10:54 PM
My understanding is although Truk, Mango and Jdub are taking the accolades for the margarita/crabcake fest the real work was done in the background by Nancy, Rae and Donna. Thank you ladies!

Wendy

MangoMike
04-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Wendy you're absolutely right!

I can't tell you the number of times I got credit for Rae's work.

... and let's not forget crabby Debi who also helped.

check out the custom pearly aprons.

mm

rmboies
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Wendy you're absolutely right!
I can't tell you the number of times I got credit for Rae's work.
... and let's not forget crabby Debi who also helped.
check out the custom pearly aprons.
mm

Crabby Debi, well, I could take offense to that on many levels but I won't:D

It was fun partying around the crab cake house with Donna, Rae and Nancy.....we had a few little minor disasters like a papertowel on fire, my leaving a hot pan on the ground for Donna to stub her toe on, just normal chef calamities:eek: Loved the aprons, I wanted to take mine home<g>

Debi

phorner
04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Kudos to everyone involved with the crab cake dinner! What a treat! The drinks weren't shabby either. I felt obligated to sample several....

And I'll echo the comments regarding the generosity of Mike and JDUB for raising the bar when it comes to selfless contributions for a worthy cause. You guys make us proud to be part of the group.

Great time!

MangoMike
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Paul we couldn't have done it without baaabaaa Krakman.

...and of course our wives.

Mike