PDA

View Full Version : toilet valve will not close

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Help. The toilet will not close. Is there anything I can do fix this? Micro flush model LF-220 12 volt

flyu2there
04-09-2008, 07:18 PM
That's the shitz!!!

Alek&Lucia
04-09-2008, 07:34 PM
It is cycling or it's stays open ?

Alek

truk4u
04-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Lloyd,

Assuming your Microphor is electric, if the flapper is open, sounds like you have lost the 12v power. The flapper will stop in any position if power is interrupted. If you have power, then it's possible that you have broken the arm that actuates the flapper, burned out the motor, lost the clevis pin assembly, etc. etc. With the cover off, you can see what's going on when you push/pull the lever. You could also have a problem with the lever, just jump the two wires to bypass it.

Be a little more specific and maybe we can help.

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Tom

If I take the fuse out the pump or water stops.

How do I check and see if...

"broken the arm that actuates the flapper, burned out the motor, lost the clevis pin assembly"

Voltmeter shows juice to the motor.

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 08:50 PM
the lever flushes water but the door just stays open. the flapper seems to be locked in the open position. There is resistance to pulling it forward. Therefore I do not thing the linkage is broken.

There seem to be four terminals on the motor. I am still new at using a volt meter and don't know if I am reading it correctly.

Alek&Lucia
04-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I think it's a switch assembly. Part # 41982, but I will recommend that you call the Microphor in CA ph # Phone: Phone: 1-707-459-5563
Toll Free: 1-800-358-8280

Alek ( See you in TN )

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks Alek.

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
The motor runs when the fuse is installed. I can hear the gear turning. How can I check and see if the actuator arm is broken? I do not see that from the the opening in the toilet or with the lid removed.

lloyd&pamela
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
From inside back I was able to move the accentuator arm gear and the flapper closed.

It seems to be working fine now.

Alek I see the switch you are talking about in Fig 3 Motor Bracket Assy. I will order one tomorrow to have a spare for the future.

Jerry Winchester
04-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Get some plastic wrap and cover the toilet bowl. Chris Yates did this at POG 3 until we adjusted the air release that allowed the flapper to close.

At least it kept the stink away........

lloyd&pamela
04-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks everyone. After Tom's note and finding the drawings in the manual, I was able to locate the actuator and dislodge it. I will order a replacement switch today to have a spare and will probably order a replacement motor as a spare also.

Luckily we have never had a smell problem.

Everything seems to be working well. Thanks again.

truk4u
04-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Lloyd,

The motor turns a plastic wheel that's attached to the actuating arm of the flapper. The actuating arm is adjustable (internal spring) for the correct amount of pressure to be applied by the flapper in the closed position. If this pressure isn't set properly, the bowl will lose it's water in a short time. This plastic wheel fits on the notched shaft of the motor. If your motor did run and the flapper didn't move, the notched shaft may be turning inside the plastic wheel and eventually will just spin on the shaft and not work the flapper. The only way to work on this is by removing the toilet and taking the hopper assembly apart. You may want to get a kit from Microphor and rebuild it before it causes you problems in the future.

Flapper and linkage assembly that hooks to the motor

Motor

lloyd&pamela
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Tom how are you accessing the back side of the toilet? Thanks for the photos. I have to occasionally rotate the flywheel assembly.

I meant to call the company and got carried away sealing all the roof penetrations and enjoying the lovely weather we were having before the front moved in. Still no rain. Just big clouds. I think the system broke and most of it went south to Chattanooga.

truk4u
04-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Lloyd,

You have to remove the toilet from the bus. 4 Bolts, water line, power line and out it comes. It's heavy and not a pleasant job, but not bad. Drain off all your water pressure and you will have minimal water coming out of the connection. Take the seat and lid off first to get them out of the way.

The back of the toilet is open and so is the bottom. I turned it on it's side and laid it on my work bench. If your this far along, be sure to use everything in the rebuild kit to assure nothing could give you trouble later.

Clean and remove the old wax ring and get a new one at any home depot. You have to be real careful when placing the toilet back on the ring so you don't slide it back and forth to much.

If you need moral support, my phone is 770-634-7530.;)

lloyd&pamela
04-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank you I will try to call them today or Monday and order a rebuild kit. I am getting tired of having to hand turn it about half the time. I will keep you phone number handy. Thanks for all the help and photos.

lloyd&pamela
04-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Tom I think I found on line the kit you are talking about:

Master Service Kit
includes: 40037, 41982, 89142, 90066-3, 91865 and 95037
$199.00

It does not include the motor but that seems to be working fine.

Motor with Bracket #99086 $210.00

Jon Wehrenberg
04-12-2008, 09:40 AM
This is definitely shaping up to be a POG rally. I see impromptu toilet rebuilding seminars will be added to the agenda, and I also know of one as yet unamed individual (besides Mango) that might be putting on a seminar about the disadvantages of accidently hitting the dump and macerator switches when neither outlet has a cap on it.

I understand JDUB will be having a plastic shield installed, and Dale J will be showing how CC should have done their plumbing. Dale F will be doing a short seminar on the benefits of not having to use his wife to deal with weight and balance, and Roger is going to show his new stainless steel trim pieces and try to justify why in doing so it was OK to create a world wide chrome and nickel shortage just so he could get enough mirror polished SS to trim his coach.

I heard but have not confirmed that Jim C will be demonstrating his negotiating techniques for the purchase of a coach. Rumor has it that is why he is bringing guns.

For one of the last sessions I will do a highway blocking demonstration.

hhoppe
04-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Lloyd : Call Microphor first. The guy there knows the products very well and offers good advice. He'll probably pin point the problem and it may not require a full removal of the toilet turning it upside down and performing surgery. That is a task you will never forget. Listen to the Micro man very carefully and if required order enough parts to re-build it complete once you have it out. It won't help your situation, but may make you feel better to know I just had to buy a new water pump for my Head Hunter Toilet and they soaked me $1065.00 Lew bucks. Head Hunters I guess.

lloyd&pamela
04-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the scalping. Microphor is first on my agenda for Monday morning. Thanks.