PDA

View Full Version : Utah Highway 12

Loc
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Has anyone driven Scenic Highway 12 in Utah in their bus? We are thinking about a trip to see Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches National Parks at Thanksgiving. I have read from other websites that it can be done and I have driven a small part of the route several years back in our DP MH. Anyone with real world experience?

tdelorme
04-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Loc, I sure hope this is helpful. You know I always want to help out whenever I can, so take this for what its worth.
There are some places on this highway where you will need to bring the slides in. And, maybe get up some speed to kinda force your way through the tight spots.
What the heck, your looking for adventure, right??

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/BW.jpg

Loc
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks Ted, but too many trees and too much green for Highway 12. I did notice that the truck had a Texas license plate. Probably some of those country roads around Rusk.

flyu2there
04-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Just do meandor over to Wold Creek Pass...that's really no fun!!

dreamchasers
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Loc,

Last April, Lee and I traveled Utah 12 when we left Capital Reef. The views were great. We traveled in our 40' American Eagle, towing a jeep. No problems for us. We enjoyed the trip.

As I recall, when you are in the Capital Reef area, RV parks are 'slim pick'ins'. But we enjoyed the experience.

Good Luck.

Hector

Jim_Scoggins
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Went back and forth on Utah 12 in a 40' Bluebird pulling a trailer. No issues.