PDA

View Full Version : LED Tail Lights - Let the Bling Begin

Jerry Winchester
05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
In an effort to induce MangoMike into coming to Sante Fe (he is weak and the trip involves a lot of windshield time), the bling gauntlet is being cast down.

The replacement of all the 1156 / 67 bulbs in the tail, turn and stop lights with LED has begun. The parts have been ordered and photos will be taken.

Here are the lights.

Red
http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/1156-r12.jpg

Yellow
http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/1156-a19.jpg

Tail
http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/67.jpg

I may even replace the lights in the engine compartment with some of these;
http://www.superbrightleds.com/store/html/images/1156-PCB-W36.jpg
Amp draw should be so low now I can sell power to Lew.

MangoMike
05-14-2006, 03:58 PM
No one can out bling the bling monster.

Right Fast Roger?

Alexandria to Sante Fe = 1880 miles, but who's counting.

Jerry Winchester
05-14-2006, 04:05 PM
But you won't need the Toaster. Coloradobus can haul us around :eek:

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/Element/exterior_gallery/large1.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Something the matter with your tail light bulbs?

Apparently the old adage "if it won't go, chrome it" has been replaced with "if it won't go, light it up".

When you kids get through spending your candy money and think you have it all together, let me know. If you really do a good job I may respond by showing you how to really dress up a coach with lights. But I'm not going to waste my time unless there is a real challenge. The only down side is now I will have to drive in the dark if I do feel compelled to show you how it is done.

truk4u
05-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Chrome won't get you home! Hey Jon, explain to me the BFD in all these LED's changing out the OEM's by all these BW's?;) When nightime comes, the only noises from the bus is snoring, not big tires going round and round, so why the light changes.:p

Just Plain Jeff
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
OK, Tom is the only person ever to enter SC. Just look at the way he is writing!

He went from an SOB to MPD, XLI, stainless 302, DD/Allison, NOOB; (btw), POG1 attendee and now about to CIC of GA POG, headed for OSH if WX is VFR.

Whew!

Jerry Winchester
05-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Talk about some guys on the "foreskin" and not the leading edge of technology. I'm looking to have a "better" coach, not a "restored" one.

LED Lights

No bulbs to break or burn out
No corrosion to mess with
No fading or cracking
Brighter light
Less voltage draw
Cheaper than carbon arc lights
Why do they put them on new units? Cuz they look cool?
Keeps Jon up at night when he parks between MangoMike and JDUB

We'll leave this bling to Tom and Roger.

http://secure.projecta.com/stores/actionaccessories/catalog/sg-d42nla.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
05-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Post the dollars spent on LED bling. Then invite Rae and Donna to read the post.

Then break out the checkbook and pen and write checks of equal size for the purchase of lady bling. Lady bling doesn't light up, but it sparkles.

As to that list of reasons why to install LEDs, you are wasting your time. It is Rae that needs to be convinced. BTW, my bling cost me a few bucks for Tractor Supply green.

truk4u
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Ooh boy, were can I get that chrome piece to get me home?:o

rfoster
05-15-2006, 10:45 PM
JW: I like Bling, big cars, fried chicken and one pretty white women. Sometimes I eat watermelon. I drive alot at night so if the LedS LOOK GOOD save power i could be in. Send Pictures after installation.

Other news--I recently encountered a solid stationary object with my passenger side rear window awning. I have since made the necessary repairs and and was going to remount it last night, but discovered the flex key(the fabric with plastic spline that holds the awining to the coach was so rotten I could not use it. Mine are Zip Dee and the new stuff is ordered at $3.00 A FOOT. I am considering replacing all of it on all awnings cause it may turn loose at the wrong time.
Anyone else checked their awning flex keys?
Roger That!

Jerry Winchester
05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Roger,

I knew I liked you for some reason. As for the awning, I have worked on mine more than I care to. I can say the folks at Zip Dee are usually pretty easy to work with. If you buy them all new, bring them to Santa Fe and Jon can help you install them. He is a pro.

I will shine my new LED's on the project to provide illumniation and moral support.

The photos will be up when I get them installed. I have to do the windshield washer pump first. It finally came in today. After a week :rolleyes:

MangoMike
05-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Fast Roger -

Another Jimmy Buffett Fan! Welcome Parrothead

MM

Just Plain Jeff
05-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Just remember that the guy who invented the 8 track tape also invented the Lear Jet.

http://www.physics.unlv.edu/~hilife/JetsnPlanes/downwash.jpg

And I'll leave that one right there.

Jerry Winchester
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Jeff,

We are going to have to send you to airplane recognition school. I think Lew teaches it.

This is a Lear Jet
http://photos.airliners.net/photos/middle/7/7/7/1023777.jpg

This is a Cessna Citation
http://cj1plus.cessna.com/wallpaper/center_photo_01.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
There was no need to tell Jeff the difference.

He could tell which was the Lear and which was the Citation by the bug splatters on the back of the Citation.

Jerry Winchester
05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Jeff,

Let me try another way.

This is your brain

http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/69944938-M.jpg

This is your brain on crack

http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/69944966-M.jpg

Any questions?

Just Plain Jeff
05-16-2006, 07:42 PM
A profligration of empennage!

Good stuff.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Looks like the captions got reversed.

If Lew sees these pictures the first thing he will note is the puddle under Sierra Uniform and he will correctly conclude the radiator is leaking.

Jerry Winchester
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/69974585-M.jpg

This was on the back........
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/69974739-M-1.jpg

MangoMike
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm sure it's just the angle, but it seems that the bus on the right is sporting brighter bling.

Blingango

Jerry Winchester
05-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm sure that is the case.

And the one on the right doesn't have the correct ratio of red to yellow lights; not that there's anything wrong with that....:rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
05-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Just for the hell of it I may go down to Home Depot to get some real bling so you guys will pick up your toys and go home.

Right now I envision awning lights (I'm leaning towards Chinese lantern motif), pink flamingos (internally lighted), solar powered yard lights to illuminate the coach (motion sensor actuated of course), and from my local AutoZone I expect to get my ever popular lighted license plate frame (with the moving leds going around the perimeter) and my blue windshield washer nozzle lights.

I have the spinner hubcaps on order.

Fear me.

ken&ellen
05-17-2006, 08:13 AM
You just may cross the line from Bling to trailer trash! Although I always felt a few lawn gnomes with flashing eyes were a nice touch. It is however tough to turn a blind eye to the bobble head dolls mounted on the dash. Here in the South I have noticed a fan favorite....the glowing Jesus which seems to follow you as you walk by the coach! Ken

Just Plain Jeff
05-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Aaah, the custom spinner caps, y'know the ones that stand still when you are moving and continue to rotate when you stop?

A guy had them on his H3-45, custom jobs at $18K. When he traded for a new coach, he ordered new ones and left the others on the old bus. Guess when a guy wants a new bus, he wants a NEW bus.

Maybe you could get his old ones?

Jerry Winchester
05-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I can't believe that the parts I ordered all arrived the day BEFORE I intended to put them on.

This should give Jon a woody.

New Mud Flaps
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/70266175-M.jpg

The New LED Tail / Signal / Brake Lights
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/70266074-M.jpg

The Last LED Marker Light
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/70266338-M.jpg

Coolant Reservior Cap
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/70266252-M.jpg

I was also able to source some of those black rubber plugs with the threaded brass insert that poke in the side of the coach where the marker lights attach. If you have an older coach, these are probably dry rotted and may require replacement. IBP has those bad boys. I now have 8; four to use and (for Jon) four spares.

I also installed the new exhaust tip on the muffler. Instead of the standard 45deg version, we ran it straight out the side and extended the tip about an inch or so. Looks Lew Sweet.

K&E,

On a Liberty you can't really tell where bling leaves off and trailer trash takes over, so he will be okay.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-18-2006, 08:20 PM
When I tell Di about the "bling" discussion why does she call us little boys?

rfoster
05-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Jon: Unless you get some of those yard ducks with wings spinning in the wind- this guy is going to blow your doors on the bling thing!
http://static.flickr.com/15/20919387_91d1e223c7_m.jpg
JW: I will try to get you his phone number- pretty nice - uh?
Roger

Jon Wehrenberg
05-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Mango and Jerry are in a race to see which of them gets their bus to look like that first.

Based on what I've seen, they are getting close.

If it won't go, chrome it.

Jerry Winchester
05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Roger,

I thought that was a photo of the Liberty factory test coach?

Jerry Winchester
05-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I am now leading the LED Arms Race. The tail, signal, stop LEDs are installed and all I can say is WoW.

They snap on and off instead of dribbling on and off (like Jon at the loo) and they are noticeably brighter. Even the airport line guys had to come check it out.

I only wish Lew were here to see it. Mike and I don't think you can put a price on envy, so for all the naysayers, we scoff at your filaments.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Just like kids with playing cards in the bicycle spokes. Let us know when you get some real bling.

Just so you understand the concept, real bling is when an 85 year old lady looks at your coaches and says "Wow!"

Jerry Winchester
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Mike, help me out here. 85 year old women? Where did this thread go wrong? And from a man who polishes anything that is metal?

Post some more of those Corona girl photos and see if we can get Jon's heart jump started. Kevin and I were really enjoying them.

Kevin Erion
05-20-2006, 11:13 PM
God Bless you Jerry.
Kevin

ken&ellen
05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Jerry, I was thinking of adding the extension to my exhaust pipe. How about some pictures of your new extension? Ken

Jerry Winchester
05-21-2006, 09:34 AM
I will do it this afternoon. Even my wife thought it turned out well. Go figure.

dalej
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to know if we change our lights (tail & running) is there any concern about 24 volts? I went to Mikes pages about changing over the side lights but did I miss the part about 24V. Are there clearence lights for the top of the bus also?

My wife thinks this is a great upgrade, (can't pass on this one) since a lot of the semi-tractors are going that way. Just a lot brighter and cleaner looking.

If there is a seminar in Santa Fe, I can wait till then.

Dale

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Do I sense that there will be a "Bling" contest in Santa Fe?

LED lights, exhaust tips, and maybe a bobble headed dog in the back window.

MangoMike
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Dale,

No need to wait until Sante Fe. I talked w/ Steve today at International Bus Parts, 800 468-5287 and he can get the 24v side LED marker lights. Let's get that bling working. In your order you may want to add some "well nuts" that actually fit into the side of the bus to receive the bolts holding the new LED's.

MangoBling

In unison we'll be forcing Jon to wear sunglasses after dark.

Jerry Winchester
05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Dale,

You know that if your wife isn't 85 years old, Jon doesn't think her opinion counts :p I think she is exactly right :)

I am going to tackle the clearence lights next, but so far so good. And I don't remember what those rubber dodads are called that Mike references, but make sure you get half a dozen before you start the project, or you will be cussing Mike for getting you started.

JW

Jon Wehrenberg
05-22-2006, 05:30 PM
If it is really "bling" even an 85 year old will actually recognize it as "bling".

When the dynamic duo turned their lights on at POG#1 I was hoping to see something. After all they moved their lips for three days. But all I saw were some yellow lights.

If that, along with a chrome exhaust tip is "bling" I have to tell you that the Good Humor man that drives past our house has more "bling" in his 52 Chevy truck with a freezer on the back.

C'mon guys...get some spinner hubcaps, bobble head dolls, fender skirts, or something. Old dump trucks have LED lights.

lewpopp
05-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Rumor has it that.....Mike is opening a new "JOINT" called "The Mango Bling". Closer to Washington DC so the liars can plan their attacks and light up the world.

As for wings...I was only aware that angels had wings until I met you sphinctor people.

rfoster
05-23-2006, 10:35 PM
JDUB:
You will need this belt buckle for your costume to properly present your Led lights at the bling thing show
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/ledbuckle.gif

Steve Cooper
05-26-2006, 12:13 PM
What's the lates on the LED replacment bulbs? Where did you get them? I'm all over the LED thingy!!!
Info, info, info

rfoster
05-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Steve; Saw your post on LED question: I had already ask the Master (Jerry Winchester) where to get 'um ---following is his response: Hope this helps:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

Just ordered them online and the box showed up in a couple of days. One note, if you have 67 bulbs, don’t order the LED version and just order 1157’s in their place. I think this is only the tail lights. The others will be bigger and brighter, but fit the same fixture. I also ordered the color to correspond with the lens color.
JW He's vacating with his family in the bus

Jerry Winchester
05-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Several positive comments on the LED lights on this trip. However, I don't think any of the commentators had all their teeth. You'd think I was in Tennessee....

Now I need to change out the Hummer tail lights for LEDs so they all match. We wired the H3 with an extra bulb socket, so it runs just like a trailer, so it will be a snap.

Saw one H3-45 on the trip thru the Rocky Mountain National Park today and he was swedged into a tiny space alongside a river of some sort. I am happy with my coach outside of the park.

But I have picked up some new bling ideas whilst traversing the interstate system. There are some bling nomads out there.

Wasn't it Jon of Knoxville who said, "Give me your poor, your tired, your bling less yearning to be seen"?

Speaking of Jon, we did see one Liberty headed east on I-70. Rae was driving and spotted it about half a mile off. She said, I think that's a Prevost and I replied, not only that it is a Liberty to boot; you could see the chingalalies hanging off of it for miles. :eek:

Steve Cooper
05-30-2006, 02:59 PM
I was just about to order the LED bulbs and decided to re-read this thread. Do I want the 1156 replacment bulb or 1157? I'm a little confused after reading what was posted from Jerry W.
Appreciate the help.
Steve

Jon Wehrenberg
05-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Steve,

Be very careful when soliciting advice from the "bling" crowd.

Before you know it they will have you all decked out with LEDs everywhere. Rumor has it these guys spent more than the cost of a tank of fuel just to have fancy LED side marker lights and nobody noticed.:rolleyes:

Steve Cooper
05-30-2006, 07:01 PM
And the problem with that is?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Oh, No!!!!!!!!

Is Steve becoming one of THEM??? Did he succumb to the wiles of JDUB and Mango and go over to the light side (like a moth to flame) in an attempt to win the "bling" award???

MangoMike
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Steve,

Welcome to the Bling Side!

Just Plain Jeff
05-31-2006, 11:27 AM
First Steve wanted to be a Cowboy and now he wants Bling.

I just have to wonder if he will attend Santa Fe as a Bling Cowboy?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Well here you have it folks....

POG has matured as a group. Cliques are forming, and the LED snobs will not talk to the incandescent lackeys.

Note to Webmaster: As this trend unfolds you will be able to sell advertising to folks at Camping World and JC Whitney so they can advertise Chinese style awning lanterns, cheap chrome plated exhaust tips, LED lights, and mud flap decorations. Can neon license plate frames be far behind?

Just Plain Jeff
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Jon: You did it to me again.

I was going to lead with the neon plate frames.

Now, back to the drawing board.

lewpopp
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks, Steve. Now the Anals will leave me alone for a while. Dig in deep, cuz they're coming after you, big time.

Just Plain Jeff
06-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I was thinking about doing something non-electrical, anyone remember the round oil-fired smudge pots they used for warning of highway construction? They could be diesel fired and be quite different.

Jon would remember, due to his age.

Steve Cooper
06-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Like the old saying: "I'm not sure I'd want to be in any club that would have someone like me as a member"

Jon Wehrenberg
06-01-2006, 08:28 PM
What makes you think we want you as a member?

Well I guess if Jerry, Mango and Lew could join from that point on anybody joining is likely to raise the quality level of members.

Steve, if you are a pilot, post that because Lew likes aviation stuff.

lewpopp
06-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I have nothing else to do but answer you because you really know how pissed I get about aeroplanes.

I don't believe Steve is or was a pilot, but his heart was into sailing the oceans blue for many years. He had to give it up because the price of water ended up costing more than fuel oil.:D

Steve Cooper
06-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Nope. Not a pilot. I already have two hobbies I can't afford so not much sense adding another.
Still sailing a lot but on the best kind of boat...one that belongs to someone else!
To get back to the original thread, I ordered a set of LED's for my tow car to see what they look like through the standard lenses. If they give the look I want then I'll go with them for the coach, otherwise I'll go with the new rear kit.
Ouch!

Just Plain Jeff
06-02-2006, 09:03 PM
We're think about going the Faux Bling thing. That is, to convert the coach to Plain a la the Amish look. I already have the hat and looking for 315 Michelin wooden wheels.

This is going to take some work.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-08-2006, 09:04 PM
What's going on with the bling contest? Ever since Roger threw his hat in the ring the noise level has dropped to the non-existant level.

Are the bling boys trying to sneak away quietly or are they planning for some major surprise like maybe a windshield graphic that says "no fear" or something equally blinging?

Whatever happened to the bragging, the threats, the claims the cooker was already won? Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW: I think in addition to having the 85 year old chick doing the judging, I think there needs to be some point system established. I think a color coordinated engine, with matching transmission should get more points than store bought LED lights.

Jerry Winchester
06-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Crap Jon, I can barely keep my coach clean much less think about bling ;)

But I have seen some trucker / white trash chic stuff that I will have to include. I don't want to give away any competitive edge I may get on the Libertys.

To win with an 85 yr old woman judging, there might have to be some velvet Elvis action of some such thing. I don't know how low I am willing to stoop, but with Roger and Mike as my conscience, I can't go too far :eek:

lewpopp
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Can you guys feel the snake Jon feeling you out. He is chuckling in his pit as he puts the underside bling. He's trying to steal by making it look like he's just borrowing what is going on. Mum is the word to Jon. Don't tell him anything unless it's a down right lie. Mendacity Jon, mendacity.

rfoster
06-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Jon , JW, et al:

I am on a mission- World Wide Search for bling- I have my all seeing capable staff focused in on the project:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/mytlebeach06015.jpg

watch out I have got the best eyes in the business on the job
Roger that

MangoMike
06-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Jon wants to hire the same French judges that handled figure skating at the Olympics. Best Judges money can buy.

We may have to setup a Bling Aliance (a la Survivor) to beat Jon.

Mike

Just Plain Jeff
06-09-2006, 07:29 AM
If anyone wants to do the research (yech), they will find that the first person on this board to use the word, "Bling," was Jon. According to POG rules, (what?) he owns it.

I am not intimidated by the Liberty people. They think they have built-in bling, OEM, but glitz ain't bling.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Apparently Lew is fairly well pluggged into the intelligence community. Despite the fact the garage doors have been kept down and locked he seems to be fully aware of my freshly painted slack adjusters and polished copper radiator fins.

My Liberty is clearly at the top of the bling pile (with the possible exception of Roger's who has polished the fins on his bus air evaporator fan) so I am working feverishly in the pit with my paint brushes, buffing wheels and feather duster. My question is this: Does anybody know where I can get a 45 foot by 8.5 foot mirror so the 85 year old judge will not have to step away from her polished aluminum walker and get down on her hands and knees to see true bling.

truk4u
06-09-2006, 08:10 AM
OK bling weenee's, here is your 85 year old judge.:eek:

http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/detail/m/massys/quentin/2/ugly_duc.jpg

Roger and Jon, are you still with me on the dark side or are you wavering?:cool:

MangoMike
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Yea Jon,
You can borrow Roger's mirror.

MM

Bling backwards is gnilb (pronounced JDUB)

Jerry Winchester
06-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't know Mike, looks like Roger has some snapperheads helping on his bling quest.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm getting concerned here.

There is a strong sensation that there are some among us define bling as the stuff you find on trucks owned by independents and loaded with chrome and lights. (and mortgaged of course)

There are others among us who define bling as a quality level or attention to detail. You all know who you are.

We now find ourselves in the middle of a contest with the preliminaries already in progress. I think I read a comment from JPJ that suggested the contestants will have to sell the crowd on their bling by describing why they should win.

I can see this is going to end up with countless debates and lots of trash talking. Someone without a dog in this fight needs to be prepared to step forward and create some definitions and ground rules otherwise there will be a lot of blood and tears.

From now on I want the members of this august forum to cease calling me Mr. Anal, and refer to me by my real title....BLING KING!

Just Plain Jeff
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
What has been suggested might work in some kind of organized, hierarchically-based or defined, 'organization,' however, this is POG.

The guy that brings it up owns it.

Jon was the first person to mention Bling on this board, so he owns it.

However, since he seems to have some kind of an interest in the vaunted Stainless Steel Cooker (and all the abundant coinciding intangible rewards therefrom), he obviously is not a neutral party.

I have previously withdrawn myself as a judge due to complaints that I was a previous Liberty owner, and therefore unable to be objective in my judging. As a Vogue owner now (much better than a Liberty anyway), I must continue to recuse myself from judging. I cannot confirm nor deny any Bling-age from the undisclosed location from which I am writing this post.

It is not wholly possible to describe Bling. Kind of like Great Art, you know it when you see it.

We then return to the original owner of this idea, Dr. Burger King. (Did I get that right?). Anyway, the subjective influences of art will dominate here, since I talked Parliament out of the cooker in the first place.

Therefore, the only and ultimate test will be an 80+-year old woman stating, "Wow, nice bus."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As noted previously, guys who argue about the rules before a fight usually get sucker-punched by someone with a plan.

Who is that person?

rfoster
06-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Burger King? What kinda king is that? thats cruel.

Hey I am bringing my own Judge - Any questions:?
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/judge.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey Roger old buddy,

Just ignore the Burger King remark. I can see the name calling and trash talking is going to ramp up as SF nears and that kind of conduct is indicative of fear.

As far as I'm concerned the rest of the folks can do what they want, but to me their efforts will be akin to putting nail polish on a pig. I think when this comes down to the final vote it will be you against me, so maybe you can consider throwing it my way if I relieve you of the responsibility of giving me that M3 BMW. Deal, or no deal?

rfoster
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Jon: Your offer is tempting, but they made more than one M3, and there may be only one 2006 Bling Cooker, so we must negotiate further and harder to accomplish this rigging. Besides Micki has been searching the seven seas for Bling:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/mytlebeach06007.jpg e

We have based our search in Camp Mytrle Beach at this time - scheduled to move out in the a.m.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/mytlebeach06010.jpg
Roger that

Coloradobus
07-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Lots chest-pounding and crowing going on here. Our "secret weapon" will be descending upon Santa Fe shortly. Then, the 85 year old judge will bestow the "bling crown" to us, Jim and Chris, and we will "graciously" accept IT and the "COOKER!" :D :D :D :D

TEE MINUS 77 DAYS and counting.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm reading these ramblings out of order after a week away (while the kids played), but CObus, you must be running scared otherwise you wouldn't be adding LED lights.

I'm pin striping my oil pans tomorrow.

Ben
07-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I've heard that Jerry will be bringing his bike to POGII and wanted to add some LED bling. I thought he was talking about bringing a HOG to POG, but it turns out it was his pedal bike:

http://static.flickr.com/51/194287290_ac2cf2d291.jpg

Coloradobus
07-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Jon, We were ahead of everyone last year. We added the LED's last year after the paint was dry. The old lights needed to be changed anyways, so why not. We have considered extra stainless banding for the front and the rear of the coach, but there is a $$$$ issue between Prevost-Texas and the Stainless guy in Florida. So, we wait. That, too, we were to add last fall.
No, our "Bling-Buster" is safely locked away in the Toy-Box awaiting its trip to SFe.

Tee Minus 74 days and counting

Jon Wehrenberg
07-29-2006, 05:47 PM
All I can say is my 1400 mile test run has proven my bling.

It is not only invisible to the naked eye until I deem it appropriate for it to be seen, it is a multi-level bling package that can only be compared in its WOW factor to the grand finale of a fireworks display with each component of the total bling experience adding awe to the viewer.

You might as well leave yours in the toy box. The King of Bling is ready to claim his prize.

Winchester's bling is a tent that does not leak in the rain, and Mango's bling is a trio of melted wax Tiki candles. This is way too easy.