PDA

View Full Version : Seiverville

dalej
04-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Supplies for stocking the bus....$475

Last minute trip for that special bottle of wine....$25

First Stop for fuel....$513

Rv parks along the way....$385

Seeing Gary and Peggy with their 01 Prevost by American and the looks on their faces while parked at Sevierville.......PRICELESS!

Jerry Winchester
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
You went all out on that wine.

04-06-2008, 09:14 AM
You went all out on that wine.
I agree, and have the wine glasses onboard so that you do not have to make an additional expenditure on stemware.

How about the caravan plans for arrivals. Where and when is everyone who wants to hookup donning so.

I plan to try and meet up with Gary on Sunday if we can figure out when and where everyone will be.

We will be in Cartersville Ga. area by Saturday night, at either the KOA or at Red Mountain State park just off I-75 about 50 miles north of Atlanta. Probably the KOA. Is anyone going to be in this area saturday or Sunday morning??

Link: http://www.koa.com/where/ga/10120/

http://www.rv-clubs.us/georgia_rv_campgrounds.html#Mountains
Red Mountain state Park

lloyd&pamela
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
We arrived at Sevierville yesterday. I have three days of conference calls M-W. The Motosat F3 will be installed Thursday. We are in site 182, drop by and say hello.

Dale we dare not post all the itemized costs. If we did the old financial planner in Pamela might have a coronary. Dale we do have a corkscrew and wine glasses.

We need to make a run to the wine store Monday. Bought the groceries and forgot the liquor.

04-06-2008, 01:58 PM
We arrived at Sevierville yesterday. I have three days of conference calls M-W. The Motosat F3 will be installed Thursday. We are in site 182, drop by and say hello.

Dale we dare not post all the itemized costs. If we did the old financial planner in Pamela might have a coronary. Dale we do have a corkscrew and wine glasses.

We need to make a run to the wine store Monday. Bought the groceries and forgot the liquor.
You have had some interesting Wx the past few days in Tn., but nothing that a true Nova Scotian hasn't seen. This Wx would be good for some chowder at Magnolia's Grill in Lunenburg Ns. or some fishcakes at least.

Are you the first POG soldiers that have arrived so far?? Look forward to meeting both of you. I am amazed that there are two Pamela's who are in charge of the family checkbook. My Pamela has resigned herself to just shaking her head now when I make Prevost purchases. Just tell your Pamela's that everything in the USA is on sale for all Canadians.

I will be very interested in hearing more about the Motosat F3, and how well its works. Both my Pam and I need to be online for our businesses and my Pamela (surprise) told me about this unit the other day when she was reading FMCA mag.

lloyd&pamela
04-06-2008, 03:27 PM
It is sunny now and the past few days would have been a great time for chowder.

We are the first as of yesterday. Two Prevosts are parked a few rows over. I will try and connect with them after I get the vent hole in the roof covered.

My Pamela is not buying the strong Cdn$. She feels ignorance is best when it comes to toys.

Alek has his F1 for sale on the site. I will keep you updated on the F3 installation.

Look forward to meeting you both.

04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
It is sunny now and the past few days would have been a great time for chowder.

We are the first as of yesterday. Two Prevosts are parked a few rows over. I will try and connect with them after I get the vent hole in the roof covered.

My Pamela is not buying the strong Cdn$. She feels ignorance is best when it comes to toys.

Alek has his F1 for sale on the site. I will keep you updated on the F3 installation.

Look forward to meeting you both.
Sounds good. Thought you might be getting some Wx up there. I have spoken with Alex, and am doing some research as well. Is there any access to the water, Kayaking place for the dog to run, places to jog etc???

Regards,

Bruce

lewpopp
04-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey Cannucks, I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering what the frig "Wx" is. Is that secret for mustard? Never can tell what some people will do to enhance food.

tdelorme
04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey Cannucks, I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering what the frig "Wx" is. Is that secret for mustard? Never can tell what some people will do to enhance food.

Here you go, Lew. I'm almost sure this is what WX means in French.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/RX.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
WX........aviationspeak for weather.

lloyd&pamela
04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
The river backs the campground and several have been fishing. I have not seen any fish just fishermen. River kayaks might be nice the river is running fast because of the recent rains.

Plenty of dogs and lots of green space beside the river. The roads are wide and gravel. The parameter route seems to be the favorite jogging path.

We walked the campground tonight the trees are just starting to leaf and the Robins are feeding on the earthworms.

The day ended with a beautiful blue sky and lovely cumulus clouds.

lloyd&pamela
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
A 1991 Pacific Coach and a 198? personal bus conversion showed up today. They are both from Ontario. They were planning on leaving this Thursday but may stay for the start of the rally.

Jim is it ok to invite others to come if they can stay?

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Lloyd, this is a Jim question, but maybe this is a good issue to address.

There are a lot of "conventions" that take place every year where the attendees can pay for the whole thing or just pay for segments that are of interest.

Jim, maybe you would want to put a value on activities such as touring coaches or attending seminars or the dinners. Maybe these two coach owners could become POG members because they were introduced to POG by being attendees at a dinner or two and a seminar.

04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
The river backs the campground and several have been fishing. I have not seen any fish just fishermen. River kayaks might be nice the river is running fast because of the recent rains.

Plenty of dogs and lots of green space beside the river. The roads are wide and gravel. The parameter route seems to be the favorite jogging path.

We walked the campground tonight the trees are just starting to leaf and the Robins are feeding on the earthworms.

The day ended with a beautiful blue sky and lovely cumulus clouds.
Sounds great. I think we will forget the kayaks. I am sorry to hear that the birds are killing the helpless earth worms. I prefer my robbins fed on grain.

Its your responsibility to make sure your new friends from Ontario stick around and become POG members. Its important to have at least one new member to sacrifice at the Monday night bonfire. Skiff said that he always does this, its like the "Virgin Connie Swail" in the Dragnet movie with Dan Aykroyd of the Blues Brothers fame. I guess Skiff forgot to tell you about this ritual.

Ray Davis
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Lloyd,

I received a note from Motosat earlier this week, and they are urging all iDirect customers to upgrade their D3 controllers to the 3.9.4 firmware. Make sure when your unit is installed that the firmware is updated to the latest version. And make sure it "works" after the update (assuming it might need the update).

Ray

lloyd&pamela
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you Ray, I just informed the installer to make sure that was done also on Thursday.

Tully
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Well I do not get my new coach (90 CC Prevost) till Saturday and will just not be able to make the Tenn. ralley. Sure wish I could have made it. Have a retirment home built outside of Nashville.

Are the rallies held at different locations through-out the year.

Is this something I could bring my family along with? Kind of young- 1 and 4 and my wife. Not certain.

Tully

garyde
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Tully. There is a rally in Pahrump, Nevada the first week of May, and another in South Dakota in October. All familiy members are welcome and encouraged to attend.