PDA

View Full Version : Tuga Drives A Real Coach

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
So I'm sitting in the office working like a sled dog when I hear all this honking out on the Sam Houston Tollroad.

Check these numbnuts out taking the Loc Ness Millennium out for a spin around Houston.

Sorry for the Mel Torme quality photo, but I only had my phone handy. It must be nice to just be able to fritter away the afternoon while us peons are lashed to the tiller.

Ray Davis
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
All right Tuga. Are you ready to join us from the "Dark Side" now?

Loc
04-04-2008, 06:36 PM
JDUB,

Could you get a better office camera? Tuga was hoping this would be good enough to send home to Karen. You can't even make him out behind the wheel. I will call you a couple of days ahead of time next time we come by so you can bring the good camera from home. Oh-no, I forgot it was stolen in your crime ridden neigborhood.:eek:

Loc

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Don't you have some Winnebago air conditioner covers to reinstall? Looks like that one was about gone when you passed by. I think you need to install some eyes in the roof and bungee those bad boys down.

I think Millenniums are like a Monet; you don't want to get too close as the shine just rubs off on you. I think this resolution is probably a good deal in that you can't see the strippers riding in the back after you and Tuga hit the Gold Cup.

Loc
04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
bite me.:D

Don't start getting jealous because your old Marathon doesn't have the state of the art roof air conditioners like every new Marathon does.

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
But then I would have to have the Winnebago Roof AC guy's phone number on my speed dial so I could have him trot over bi-weekly to replace those bad boys.

Oh and I forgot the case of spray paint required every time one takes a crap going down the autobahn and you have to repaint from the lovely Winnebago white.

You should probably just haul a couple of extras around on the roof so it looks like an entertainer coach.....

Loc
04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
The Mara-bago? That has a nice ring to it.

You are probably right. If you had roof a/c's you would have to have the repair guys phone number for each time you back it into the storage building.

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Beagle Boy I'm not the one with the AC cover sitting out in the middle of the Sam Houston Tollroad. To date, I have never see of or heard of a Cruisair cover being ejected onto the motorway after an ozone bath or a run in with a block of butterflys.

You should have stopped at "Bite Me".

Loc
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I should know better than to get into a battle of wits with a person who is unarmed.

Anyway, Tuga gave the Millennium two thumbs up or as I like to say two Aggies. I think he is ready to buy a Prevost, but said something about the Newell having two bathrooms. I think it has something to do with all those pictures of Karen and Tuga in the shower.

truk4u
04-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Loc, I'm so happy, turd boy now has someone to launch air strikes at in his own backyard. Must be he couldn't see the delightful digits being displayed by you and Tuga as you passed the Presidents tower.;)

merle&louise
04-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I want to thank Loc for taking time out of his schedule to let me drive the Millennium. It was a very impressive ride and I loved the short turning radius. The visiability from the driver's seat is spectacular; those windshields are awesome. I found that it rode and drove a bit tighter than Danss' 99 Vogue, maybe it was the difference in age. All in all it is a very impressive machine.

But in all truth, after giving it a good deal of thought, I like my Newell better; the leg room behind the steering wheel is significantly more comfortable in the Newell. That is important on long drives. I like my flat floor slides better; they seem to offer more interior space and the slides on my Newell extend/retract more smoothly than on the Prevost. I can walk around my bed when the slides are retracted, and I like the fact that my ceiling fan moves in & out with the slide room. And as Loc mentioned, the rear bath and half bath for me is the best floorplan because of the number of people that travel with us (usually 3+). It affords Karen and me our own full bath and our guests have their own half bath. And it is great for tailgating: we close off the bedroom area and our guests can use the front bathroom.
My dining table has an extension that allows 4 adults to be seated, and we usually feed about 8 to 10 people when tailgating.

So while I have a great deal of respect for the Prevost product I am going to stay with my Newell. I am grateful to Danss and Loc for allowing me to "test drive" their Prevosts; that is truely the only way to make a fair comparison.:D

MangoMike
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Nicely said Tuga.

Ok.... Now turn in your POG password.

Never mind. JDUB just messaged me that that was "way too harsh".

Mango ;)

Loc
04-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Prevost beat out by a Newell.:confused: Sorry I let the team down. Probably should have had Tuga drive JDUB's Mara-bago without the roof airs. Tuga sandbagged me. The whole time he was driving the Millennium he was saying how great it drove (compared to the Newell) and turned and the view, etc. That must be Newell code for what a POS. Then again I should have known something was up because he was saying what a nice guy JDUB was. If I had two LSU flags in the front window and a tiger on the back, it would have been no contest.

MangoMike
04-05-2008, 01:17 PM
We'll probably find a copy of this thread over at the Newell forum. Followed by the sound of popping champagne corks and cheers of "Tuga for President".

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
One thing that is inescapable and Tuga touches on it is that Newell has some great features, and one of them is their ability to install slides with no real penalty because of their structure configuration. Because of that he has a floor plan that is very livable.

He also apparently has experienced what Di and I have experienced lately. We have looked at other coaches, but the bottom line is that for us there is no such thing as a perfect coach. So when we compare what we have versus another coach and its features we realize we have some stuff that we are just not willing to give up to get another coach. And just because a coach is newer, we find it does not mean it is better. Some of the newer features and conveniences are just too problem prone and not necessarily better.

In fact when we add the cost of moving into another coach, our decision to trade or upgrade is not "no", but "Hell no".

merle&louise
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Prevost beat out by a Newell.:confused: Sorry I let the team down. Probably should have had Tuga drive JDUB's Mara-bago without the roof airs. Tuga sandbagged me. The whole time he was driving the Millennium he was saying how great it drove (compared to the Newell) and turned and the view, etc. That must be Newell code for what a POS. Then again I should have known something was up because he was saying what a nice guy JDUB was. If I had two LSU flags in the front window and a tiger on the back, it would have been no contest.

Loc,

You are right about me saying that the Prevost had a great ride and that IMO it rode better than my Newell. It did! I think that the turning radius is much shorter than my Newell. But that is not enough to make me jump ship. The ride between the two coaches is very close, but there is not enough of a difference to make me change.

All I wanted to do when I joined POG was to learn about the Prevost product. I have done that with the help of some good friends. I really don't communicate with any Newell owners about Newell vs Prevost. All of my efforts are for my own knowledge. Driving these buses has been the only way that I could really compare them. Hope I haven't stepped on any toes.:D

garyde
04-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Merle is doing what everyone of us probably should have done before purchasing our first Prevost. Research, test drive, and compare.
Merle, There are Prevosts out there with baths and a half, better slides, larger dining room tables ,and so on. Just keep looking.