PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Shell/Custom Order

03-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Its obvious that I have way too much time on my hands. The fact is that I do not have access to my coach right now while its in San Antonio Fl.

Here is the question: I am looking through the original build sheet from the first owner (I'm #2) and it appears that the first owner not only had the convertor customize the standard Marathon build sheet but also had Marathon order the shell customized as well.

Here is excerpt from the original build sheet:

Modifications to Chassis Specifications: 1) Fuel Pro 380 Filter 2) Howard Power Center Steering Enhancement System 3) Install HWH computerized leveling system 4) 86” Interior coach height in lieu of 83” 5) 13’ 6" Salon Slideout

My questions are as follows:

1. How many coaches have an 86" interior heights. I was told that this customer didn't want the glass ceiling and was a tall man. Is this a normal or unusual height?? I was also told that you can tell by the extra rub rail, a 4th rail, or an extra 3". I was told this when they quoted me for the polishing job on the stainless. Is this spot on as well??

2. Fuel Pro 380 Filter: Who is familiar with this system. Its a large fuel filter for sure, its easy to get to, but how does one drain this beast if water gets in the bottom. I always think of boats when thinking of water in fuel, is this a big issue in Prevosts?

dalej
03-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Bruce, I will measure mine and get back to you. I'm thinking 83 on ours because when we do a re-do on the inside we were wanting to lower the ceiling four inches out about 24 inchs from the sides and add lights but don't want it to be a head-hitter.

This is interesting though, since I had never heard of this option before.

Still learning after 10 years.

jack14r
03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
On the Prevost website the XLII specs in interior height are 86 inches.I don't think that spec has changed for a number of years.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM

If I remember correctly, the differences were 83 inch, 86 inch and 89 inch interior height for the XL chassis. The 83 inch had two ribs below the window line. The 86 inch had 3 ribs and the 89 inch had 4 ribs. Most motorhomes were 86 inch 3 rib coaches. The exceptions that I have seen are early model XL's some of which had an 83 inch interior height. The ony 89 inch height coaches that I have seen are on the entertainer chassis. Even today, the XLII's have 86 and 89 inch interior heights. The motorhome chassis (W5) is 86 inches tall and the entertainer chassis (WE) is 89 inches tall. I did not see any options on the W5 to increase the interior height to 89. Does this make me one of the one in a hundred Jon? Is that a bad thing?
Last edited by Loc : 06-21-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: because

Loc
03-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Bruce,

I am not sure if my old post is correct about the numbers, but I know on the XL there were three interior heights. Most of the over the road coaches were the two ribs. Most of the motorhomes were the three ribs. Most entertainers were four ribs. It is either 83, 86 and 89 or 80, 83, and 86. I will try to go back and look and verify. If you have four ribs just below the window line you have the tallest interior height.

Loc

03-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM

If I remember correctly, the differences were 83 inch, 86 inch and 89 inch interior height for the XL chassis. The 83 inch had two ribs below the window line. The 86 inch had 3 ribs and the 89 inch had 4 ribs. Most motorhomes were 86 inch 3 rib coaches. The exceptions that I have seen are early model XL's some of which had an 83 inch interior height. The ony 89 inch height coaches that I have seen are on the entertainer chassis. Even today, the XLII's have 86 and 89 inch interior heights. The motorhome chassis (W5) is 86 inches tall and the entertainer chassis (WE) is 89 inches tall. I did not see any options on the W5 to increase the interior height to 89. Does this make me one of the one in a hundred Jon? Is that a bad thing?
Last edited by Loc : 06-21-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: because
The "W" might be a great clue. My numbers are W1026370. I am not sure about the 3 rib verses the 4 rib on the 89" versions though as I have 4 ribs on mine. The claim about this is that the distance above the 4th rib is the extra 3 inches, does this make sense?? The 4 ribs are the top 4 as well. I have not seen enough coaches to know.

03-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Bruce,

I am not sure if my old post is correct about the numbers, but I know on the XL there were three interior heights. Most of the over the road coaches were the two ribs. Most of the motorhomes were the three ribs. Most entertainers were four ribs. It is either 83, 86 and 89 or 80, 83, and 86. I will try to go back and look and verify. If you have four ribs just below the window line you have the tallest interior height.

Loc
Not sure about the rib thing as I have 4 and I am reasonably certain that I am 86"s. maybe 4 is the most and the entertainers have 6" above the 4th rib.

Ray Davis
03-29-2008, 07:16 PM
The "W" might be a great clue. My numbers are W1026370

Bruce, if that is the last 8 of your VIN number, then the W indicates a 1998 body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number#Model_year_encoding

Ray

garyde
03-29-2008, 09:02 PM
After reading this, I measured my interior. It is 84" from tile floor to ceiling Mural which is the highest point. I'm not too clear regarding the 3 or 4 rib below the window. I have 3 ribs below the window, then a space, and 4 more ribs down to the top of cargo doors. My Coach is a 2002 XLII Chassis , 2003 Liberty Conversion.

03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
After reading this, I measured my interior. It is 84" from tile floor to ceiling Mural which is the highest point. I'm not too clear regarding the 3 or 4 rib below the window. I have 3 ribs below the window, then a space, and 4 more ribs down to the top of cargo doors. My Coach is a 2002 XLII Chassis , 2003 Liberty Conversion.

Here is a picture of the rails on my coach. You will see 4 rails at the top plus a space about 3" to the top of the stainless. This is what was told to me showed the so called 86" version.

Loc
03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Gary,

According to Prevost, the motorhome XLII version has a floor to ceiling height of 86 and the entertainer is 89 for the shell. I don't know about the ribs for the XLII, but will note that most entertainers have no ribs above the bay doors, but have a flat sheet of aluminum.

The heights for the XL chassis were for the shell as well. The actual finished interior height will vary based on the ceiling treatment used by the convertor.

Loc

03-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Gary,

According to Prevost, the motorhome XLII version has a floor to ceiling height of 86 and the entertainer is 89 for the shell. I don't know about the ribs for the XLII, but will note that most entertainers have no ribs above the bay doors, but have a flat sheet of aluminum.

The heights for the XL chassis were for the shell as well. The actual finished interior height will vary based on the ceiling treatment used by the convertor.

Loc
I guess it was an option on the XL's back then and now the height is standard possibly? Here's a question. On my build sheet my coach is called an XLVS, be below:

This is off of the build sheet: COACH #0533 XLVS What does the "VS" stand for????

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
I guess it was an option on the XL's back then and now the height is standard possibly? Here's a question. On my build sheet my coach is called an XLVS, be below:

This is off of the build sheet: COACH #0533 XLVS What does the "VS" stand for????

By roman numerals, for example, XL= the number 40

The XL = 40' bus
The XLV = 45' bus

S = slide
SS= 2 slides

add as many S as you like, but usually after SS, for two, it reverts to (3 slide) (4 slide)

03-31-2008, 01:16 PM
The XLV = 45' bus

S = slide
SS= 2 slides
Thanks Jim,

I would have never figured this out. So the new coaches with four slides are XLIIVSSSS ????

dalej
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Bruce, mine measures 81" from top of floor to bottom of ceiling. Pretty sure my coach is a 83 inch build.

03-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Bruce, mine measures 81" from top of floor to bottom of ceiling. Pretty sure my coach is a 83 inch build.
Fun stuff, we are always learning new stuff thanks to all of you. In my original post on this subject I had asked a few questions about my build sheet, the other was about a fuel filter option that was ordered.My question was as follows:

2. Fuel Pro 380 Filter: Who is familiar with this system. Its a large fuel filter for sure, its easy to get to, but how does one drain this beast if water gets in the bottom. What about filters etc. I always think of boats when thinking of water in fuel, is this a big issue in Prevosts?

garyde
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
If you are speaking about the clear cylinder about 14" tall, mine has a valve at the bottom to drain off water.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Any time I have questions about components I google the stuff. It is likely the manufacturer has all information including service manuals on line.

Most of us that have other than standard filters have the larger Racor filter/separators.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Bruce my guess; This is the mfg. you are looking for? Davco

Check out their website for more information on your product. Yours may be outdated, but I am sure they can help you further, with all the information you may need.

http://www.davcotec.com/fp382.htm

Gary S.

04-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Bruce my guess; This is the mfg. you are looking for? Davco

Check out their website for more information on your product. Yours may be outdated, but I am sure they can help you further, with all the information you may need.

http://www.davcotec.com/fp382.htm

Gary S.
Thanks Gary and Jon. I did google it and found the 380 unit. I like the idea of a heated version as well, big bucks I suspect, great for cold climates. I see the drain at the bottom as well.