PDA

View Full Version : new h5 60 pic

rockstarcoaches
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
just wanted to share a new h5 60 pic with the group

dalej
03-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Help me here...It looks like a 35 foot bus with a matching trailer, so what's up with the twin steers?? I don't get it! I guess it could be a steerable tag behind the steer axle.

MangoMike
03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Now that's a lot of bus.

Has any work been done on the interior yet? Would love to see some photos.

Mike

garyde
03-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Man, thats a lot of tires! I wonder if Jon can get that backed up his driveway!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-29-2008, 12:44 AM
They could have at least painted the dome to match the bus ? :p :eek:

Gary S

rickdesilva
03-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I think that this is one of those setups for those of us who are sent to a distant bedrom for "snorring"

tdelorme
03-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Let me suggest a name for that beast:

"The Mother-In Law Coach"

Jon Wehrenberg
03-29-2008, 11:56 AM
The coach has potential but I would like to see more on the mechanicals. Critical questions in my mind would be what engine? What is the parts availability for the specialized components around the joint? What would the house configuration be and how are the systems going to deal with the joint?

Gary was kidding, but I would love to see how that handles the transition from the road to the upslope on my driveway, and the transition from the slope to the garage floor. The angles are extreme.

It is still a 20 year old shell, and if it has the 8V92 there is going to be some resistance to it. The black paint is probably going to be part of the overall plan to make its appearance appeal to folks that want an attention getter, but I see that coach as being a serious problem to develop. Six house AC units, huge campground power management problems due to the required power, Lots of batteries and a power management system to deal with the equvalent of 1 1/2 times the bus we all now have.

Petervs
03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
If this is an old H3-60 built back in the late eighties, they had an 8V-92 engine mounted ahead of the drive wheels. Access to it would be difficult at best. Maybe a trap door in the floor, wow, we all like mechanics working on the engine from the salon. And the engine takes up a good chunk of what we have for bay storage. Add the second steer axle and you lose some more.

OK, you gain some back in the back half. It would probably weigh 70,000 pounds so the acceleration would be poorer.

Oh, now hang a tow car behind there, or better yet a stacker trailer, and then you would really have something!

Jon Wehrenberg
03-29-2008, 08:51 PM
That is the old H3-60. I think the coach is going to be an attention getter like a stretched Hummer limo, but I just do not see it for this market.

It'll likely have a hot tub and fancy disco lighting, but I just don't see the usual conversion owner rushing out to buy one.

ggratopp
04-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Is that to much for a first time buyer to drive and does it really back up ??

We are still looking for our first coach and certainly appreciate all the info from everyone.

Deetroit Gary and Linda

garyde
04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
It's probably a $2m bus when they finally finish . It would certainly be too much for me.

hhoppe
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
You people must live in the boonies. Haven't you ever seen the "Pope Mobile"
He'll be taking it back to Rome when he leaves.