PDA

View Full Version : Silent Gliss Shades

dale farley
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I have the Silent Gliss Shades in the front of my coach. They are operated by a remote control that allows me to raise or lower them individually or all simultaneously. These are the shades that cover my two windshields and the driver and passenger windows.

While removing my TV to install a flat screen, I hung the sensor wire for my remote connection and damaged my circuit board for the shades. After going full circle looking for a repair facility and/or a new board, I called the manufacturer (Electronic Solutions, Inc.) of the board yesterday.

To my surprise, they told me that the boards have a lifetime warranty if they were installed on a Prevost Country Coach conversion. I called Country Coach, they called Electronic Solutions, then called me back and gave me an RMA # to return the board directly to the manufacturer for replacement. Another pleasant surprise from Country Coach.

I assume anyone who has the Silent Gliss Remote controlled shades with an Electronic Solutions circuit board, may have this lifetime warranty.

JIM KELLER
03-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Great News Dale ! I went through a lot more stress with my Silent Gliss failure.

dale farley
03-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Jim, I also purhcased four DP/DT switches, and I plan to wire them in the circuit so if Ihave another circuit board problem, I will still be able to operate my shades. I see it the wiring is going to be a bit of a challenge, but I think I can make it work. I haven't removed my old circuit board yet, so I don't know when I will get that part working again.

truk4u
03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Dale,

Mine has 4 rocker switches on the pedestal next to the drivers left arm that also control each shade manually. Do you want a picture?

JIM KELLER
03-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Dale,

Mine has 4 rocker switches on the pedestal next to the drivers left arm that also control each shade manually. Do you want a picture?

Tom, We don't have that feature. What a difference a year makes, you lucky dog !

P.S. I still need that filter # down here in Florida.

dale farley
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Tom, If you have a picture, please post or send to me. Thanks.

truk4u
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Dale & Jim,

Here are the pic's of the shade rocker switches...

Jerry Winchester
04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
So if you hit your old crippled up Krakman knee against those keenly placed switches whilst motoring along the Interstate, does it cause an Overhead SHade Inadvertant Travel problem - or "O-SHIT"?

That could be akin to the old problem they had on the original 747's where the electric seat would run away and jam the captains gonads into the control column. There was a procedure for pulling the circuit breaker to disable the seat but you first had to determine if the captain's seat was running away forward or if it was the first officer's seat running away going the other direction. I don't think they pulled the breaker until someone announced the captain had "jammed balls" or something like that......

dale farley
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Tom, I can see where these would be a nice addition to the remote. Thanks for the picture.

dale farley
04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Tom, My switches seem to look a little different than yours. I did get them wired right the first time, and they really work. There are 8 wires on each switch. They had to be wired so that when switched up they would apply positive and negative to the motor, and when switched down they would send negative and positive. I mounted them behind my TV, so I can easily reach them, but they are not visible. If my remote goes on the blink again, I can always fall back on these.

truk4u
04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Dale,

Nice idea and that should solve your problem. You mounted it behind the TV? How about a picture of the TV retrofit, or I'll just see you in S'ville.

flyu2there
04-08-2008, 08:28 AM
So if you hit your old crippled up Krakman knee against those keenly placed switches whilst motoring along the Interstate, does it cause an Overhead SHade Inadvertant Travel problem - or "O-SHIT"?

That could be akin to the old problem they had on the original 747's where the electric seat would run away and jam the captains gonads into the control column. There was a procedure for pulling the circuit breaker to disable the seat but you first had to determine if the captain's seat was running away forward or if it was the first officer's seat running away going the other direction. I don't think they pulled the breaker until someone announced the captain had "jammed balls" or something like that......

Ah yes, remember that one well. It was just a couple of old crusty's (at PAA) that thought a check list, in jest, might be needed. The engineer read and managed those types of checklists in that era and he was to listen to the pitch of the voice to determine who had "jammed ballz".

dale farley
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Tom, There are a couple pictures of the TV on the "What size and brand LCD flat panel?" thread that Tully started.

dale farley
04-22-2008, 08:48 AM
As a follow up to the saga with my Silent Gliss Shades, I wanted to let the CC owners know that I did get a replacement board for free. I installed four switches and removed my old board and returned it just before leaving for the rally, and the new updated version was here when I returned.

I was very surprised that they replaced the board, because I had soldered it in three places trying to repair the damage that messed it up to start with. If anyone else has a problem, just remember the board has a lifetime warranty.