PDA

View Full Version : "Sporting Clay Shooting at Sevierville"

Jim Skiff
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim Chaloupka and he will be organizing the shooting event on Wednesday of the TN Rally.

More startling was the fact that he said he was going to get a hair cut!!!!:eek:

merle&louise
03-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim Chaloupka and he will be organizing the shooting event on Wednesday of the TN Rally.

More startling was the fact that he said he was going to get a hair cut!!!!:eek:

Next thing you know he'll be buying a Liberty:D

Just teasing Jim:)

BrianE
03-27-2008, 01:38 PM
NO, NO not teasing. Jim, please buy a Liberty, a Marathon, a Royale ANYTHING, except of course a Newell. :D

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I'd like to see a show of hands for SKEET SHOOTING, at the Sevierville rally.

This is the planning stage, and for Wed, 4/16/08, the FREE day.

We can shoot at Gatlinburg Sportsman's Club, by special arrangement, if there are enough shooting.

The place seems nice according to the web site, and will probably be similar to Branson.

Shells are available for purchase.

It is about three miles from River Plantation.

There is Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays.

They have rest rooms and a picnic pavilion, and the owner is willing to bring in a box lunch from a local Bar-B-Q place including a soft drink for around $6.00 ea.

This would be a special shoot for our group only and there is a $100.00 deposit, which is the minimum shoot fee for the day.

If we have a minimum of five shooters, and shoot similar to Branson we will make the minimum.

If you think I have forgotten anything , or would want something different let me know.

THERE IS NOT MUCH TIME FOR THINKING LEFT.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT SO I CAN MAKE THE DEPOSIT!

JIM

Jerry Winchester
03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Mango Mike and I are in for the shooting.

truk4u
03-27-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm in Jimbo....

Jerry Winchester
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
We either need to rename this thread or start a new one if you want to get an accurate count. Not that everyone is not curious about Jim, but if the title were "Sporting Clay Shooting at Sevierville" or something like that, it would be hard to miss.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Good deal, we have the basic 5. I will follow up with the club tomorrow. The owner was on his cell phone and away from his calendar, but thought the date was good.
I will firm things up tomorrow and post the results.

Anyone else may be added to the group, male or female, beginners, or pro.

If you ever wanted to try the sport now is the time. ( Guns for rent. Ammunition, and ear plugs for sale. )

BrianE
03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
You guys will need someone to laugh at so I'll sign up. :eek:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
No laughing Brian, this is serious stuff.

truk4u
03-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Brian, bring your 410, that's what we all use!:p

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Brian, bring your 410, that's what we all use!:p

I think a 10 ga. would be better, but bring your own ammo

:D:rolleyes:

BrianE
03-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Actually.......;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Actually.......;)

Brian, that looks like a digital simulation of THE FIRST BUS, I hope I haven't made a blunder:eek::p

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Here is a link to the facility web site.http://www.gatlinburgsportsman.com/

I made a call today to firm things up and got an answering machine.
I followed up with an E-mail and will keep you up to date on the event.

It is planned thus far to start to shoot at 10:00 and break for a lunch and then shoot a little more.

This is all variable and can be changed if required. Post your ideas and we can all come to a consensus as to what will fulfill your dreams. (sans Corona Kelly)

hhoppe
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
I sure hate to miss the opportunity to rake in some $ from the pigeons that will be there. I'm afraid we shot ourselves in the foot by scheduling the two rallies too close together, not allowing participation from both coasts. We have learned our lesson and will all congregate in S.D. in Sept. Please save some of your shooting $ for shooting there. DO NOT SPOT JDUB ANY BIRDS, he's a ringer. We'll work toward preping a Western team in Pahrump to take on your Eastern team in S.D.. Make sure Truk shoots a 410 as he suggests.
Jim S. get the message?

Jim_Scoggins
03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
You'll shoot your eye out!

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Here is a link to the facility web site.http://www.gatlinburgsportsman.com/

I made a call today to firm things up and got an answering machine.
I followed up with an E-mail and will keep you up to date on the event.

It is planned thus far to start to shoot at 10:00 and break for a lunch and then shoot a little more.

This is all variable and can be changed if required. Post your ideas and we can all come to a consensus as to what will fulfill your dreams. (sans Corona Kelly)

This is a real fun event, and a good way to meet and greet other POGers.

Things are set as above. The list of participants SO FAR is:
1. Jim Skiff
2. Jerry Winchester
3. Mike Anderson
4. Brian Esler
5. Ed Brockman
6. Sandy Harris
7. Jim Chaloupka
8. Jim Keller

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone may still be added to the group! :D

JIM KELLER
03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Anyone may still be added to the group! :D

Jim I would like to get in on this providing we have time to stop in Franklin, N.C. on the way to get a gun.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Jim I would like to get in on this providing we have time to stop in Franklin, N.C. on the way to get a gun.

You don't need to have your own gun. The club rents them for $5.00ish, and/or you can borrow from those with guns.
Shooting is by, one at a time in Skeet. I don't think we are doing Trap?

If you wanted a new gun anyway, go ahead and shop, it's as good as buying a tool:D. Stay away from the pawn shops though, you might have to buy a diamond to equal things up.

If you didn't know there's a Bass Pro Shop real close to Sevierville.

3629 Outdoor Sportsman Pl
Kodak, TN 37764
(865) 932-5600
basspro.com

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Aren't there any ladies, besides myself(who doesn't shoot), willing to go and have some fun shooting? We might need to know how one night to scare off the guys who are up with their tricks at the Rally. I'm sure we could have some fun just like the guys are!!

truk4u
04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Jim,

Take me off the list, didn't realize it was the same day as the ride.
Sorry...

Jerry Winchester
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
You're riding a trike. That can't be much of a challange AARP man.

Orren Zook
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Aren't there any ladies, besides myself(who doesn't shoot), willing to go and have some fun shooting? We might need to know how one night to scare off the guys who are up with their tricks at the Rally. I'm sure we could have some fun just like the guys are!!

I'll ask Karen to volunteer and let you know what she says.....

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I'll ask Karen to volunteer and let you know what she says.....

How about you too, Orren!!!!!!!!!!

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Shooters still welcome, or come and see what it's all about!

Bag a few Skeets for an evening snack! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

jonnie
04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Jim,

Have fun shooting at the rally and hold up my end for me. Hope you have a lot of fun. Nancy and I wish we could be there. Sorry you won't have any Dortmunder.