PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance for extended trips

lloyd&pamela
03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi all,

This is the Pamela half of Lloyd and Pamela...

We leave on the "big trip" June 1/08. The plan is to full-time it for a year+. We haven't secured travel medical insurance for that period and that's why I'm posting. We're in need of travel medical insurance to supplement our NS health care insurance.

Nova Scotia is "home" so I presume we should use a Canadian based provider. If you know of a decent travel medical insurance supplier for extended periods we'd appreciate it if you would kindly reply with the company name.

Thank you and safe travels,

Pamela

03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi all,

This is the Pamela half of Lloyd and Pamela...

We leave on the "big trip" June 1/08. The plan is to full-time it for a year+. We haven't secured travel insurance for that period and that's why I'm posting.

Nova Scotia is "home" so we need a Canadian based provider. If you know of a decent travel insurance supplier for extended periods we'd appreciate it if you would kindly reply with the company name.

Thank you and safe travels,

Pamela
Hi Pamela,

First, we love NS. Have spent some our best RV experiences there.

Question if I might. If I understand your request, you have insurance for the coach now, written with a CA. provider?? Do you want extended coverage for full timing or for US travel or both. If either is correct you should be able to get both extended coverage for full timing and US travel from your primary carrier in CA.

Question: Are you bound by CA. law to use a CA insurance carrier?? I have insurance in the US that covers me while traveling in CA. and in the US.

I hope that these questions will lead toward a satisfactory answer. If you are looking for a CA insurance company I think we have some other CA. POG members on the site???

lloyd&pamela
03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks much for your reply.

Oops. Think I've confused the issue. We're in need of travel medical insurance - I'll modify my original post.

We have insurance for the Prevost.

As for medical insurance, our Nova Scotia health care covers expenses up to what would be covered in NS, regardless where we are. Therefore we need supplementary medical insurance to ensure we have coverage for expenses over the NS coverage.

Right now we use TD medical insurance that covers us in and outside the country, but would like to consider another carrier for a year plus policy.

I hope that clarifies.

Yes, I'll miss NS!

Thanks

03-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks much for your reply.

Oops. Think I've confused the issue. We're in need of travel medical insurance - I'll modify my original post.

We have insurance for the Prevost.

As for medical insurance, our Nova Scotia health care covers expenses up to what would be covered in NS, regardless where we are. Therefore we need supplementary medical insurance to ensure we have coverage for expenses over the NS coverage.

Right now we use TD medical insurance that covers us in and outside the country, but would like to consider another carrier for a year plus policy.

I hope that clarifies.

Yes, I'll miss NS!

Thanks
I get a better sense of this now. I would take a look on the family Motorcoach website. I think I have seen medical insurance offers for their members? Also groups like Escapees and others. I am certain that you will find some results here.

Bruce

lloyd&pamela
03-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you, Bruce!

Will do.

Pamela