PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Carpet

grantracy
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Can anyone recommend a tarp or outdoor carpet that is easy to manage. We do fair amount of camping where there aren't concrete pads and need something lightweight and durable.

rickdesilva
03-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Check Camping World, they have a few. We have found that the ones which are open weave and have no pile are best because they are easy to fold up and clean.

tdelorme
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Swing by a Lowe's or Home Depot and see if they still carry a lightweight outdoor carpet that sells by the foot. The last I bought was like $20 for a 15 foot piece and you can hose it down when it gets trashed out.

grantracy
03-26-2008, 06:35 AM
thanks, will try both. Saw a guy in Daytona who had a tarp he pinned to the ground that seemed like it did a pretty good job but I never got around to asking where he got it.

JIM KELLER
03-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Granvil, When Karen and I camp at Daytona and campsites where there is no concrete pad we throw down a roll of the green outdoor carpet. Like Ted said a few bucks at Lowes or Home Depot. We spike it down on the corners with long spikes from Camping world. When we are ready to go we pull out the spikes and leave the carpet on the ground. We just consider it the cost of keeping the inside of the Bus clean and and it enhances the awning area. So far we have never made it out of a campground before I see someone in my mirror running over to the spot we just left to get what we left behind.

truk4u
03-26-2008, 08:48 AM
G'man,

Here's what you want....

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=1834&src=SRQB

grantracy
03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks for the advice,going to be comimg back from Jacksonville on Friday and plan to swing through St. Augustine to visit camping world

rfoster
03-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Granville, Just follow Jim to his next campsite and when he leaves the next a.m. you will have an outdoor rug.:cool: