PDA

View Full Version : Trace inverter

ken&ellen
05-11-2006, 07:53 AM
While at the POG rally we experienced a small flood. The ice maker overfilled and water was everywhere. Some leaked through the floor and dripped into the inverter. After several days of drying the inverter works fine, but the charging side keeps cycling on and off. Since a new unit would be $2500 or more I was wondering if any of you has a source for repair of this type of unit? Fortunately the coach alternator has kept the batteries in good charge. Ken

truk4u
05-11-2006, 08:53 AM
K & E,
What inverter do you have? The Trace has all kinds of setting options and a reset to factory default. You may just have to sort of "re-boot" it. Carry on oh great music makers.;)

Jon Wehrenberg
05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
If worse comes to worse you can buy the cards. I have the Heart inverters and carry a full set of the various cards primarily because some inverter failure modes can really ruin a trip.

On mine they are lousy to get at, but once you access the inverter in our coach you can remove and replace cards which slip into slots. Rather than purchasing the inverter I would suggest looking into the price and availability of the various printed circuit board.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-30-2006, 06:31 AM
We need some info on a Heart interface model HF24-2500SX. The charger works well however we get a constant a/c input light. I have disconnected the remote, both 110 cords, both in and out, infact everything accept the 24volt power source and the a/c input remains on. Anybody have some phone#s and or contacts. Well ship it if worthwhile.