PDA

View Full Version : A Racer to Cheer For

Jim Skiff
03-17-2008, 12:18 PM
www.prevost-stuff.com (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/) is proud to help support PASS (Pro All Star Series) Driver Corey Williams in the number 47 car this weekend. Corey will be racing in the Easter Bunny 150 on March 22, 2008
in Hickory, N.C. We think Corey will be racing in NASCAR before too long!
Rumor has it that Corey has secured a ride for a major upcoming Bush Series Race after he got noticed during testing at the track.

tdelorme
03-17-2008, 01:47 PM
That is great news for Jan & I, Jim, but we might be the only NASCAR fans on POG. Is the support ongoing or just for this one race? I'll be watching the PASS website for race results.
Now, are you serious about Cory going from a super late model to the Nationwide Series? That is quite a leap and we will be watching his progress. If that deal firms up, I would like to know about it.
Also, if any POGers are going to the races at Texas Motor Speedway, we will be in the VIP camping area, site 85, from Wed. evening April 2 thru Sunday April 6. The guard won't let you in if you are not staying in the campground so call me and I will ride up to the gate. 903 746 5368.

Loc
03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Ted,

What was the process for getting tickets for Ft. Worth in the VIP area? I have wanted to go to the spring or fall Texas race, but haven't done any homework.

Loc

tdelorme
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Ted,

What was the process for getting tickets for Ft. Worth in the VIP area? I have wanted to go to the spring or fall Texas race, but haven't done any homework.

Loc

Loc, it took me three years to get a permanent spot in the VIP campground. And, you Loc Ness are right on the edge of being to old to stay in any of the other camping areas. Our first year over there we camped in an area that we thought would be OK. It wasn't. Don't even ask, it was just a little over the top as far as late night activities go, and everything but the VIP area is dry camping.
After that first year and while waiting for a permanent site, I bought a space in the VIP area on eBay for each race weekend. The yearly charge in this area is $1500 for all three race weekends. A site on eBay will run you anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for the NASCAR races (each race weekend) and $400 to $600 for the IRL race. The VIP camping area has 50amp service & water and one free pump truck dump. Noise is not an issue in this area.
eBay is also good for tickets to the races. We have season tickets in the Victory Lane Club which is real nice. Inside seating, lots of good food and if you need the noise, you can walk down next to the track for awhile. NASCAR races aren't for everyone, but the crowd is not as bad as you might expect (except at night) and we always have a good time.
If you want more info, let me know and I will fill in the gaps for you.
OH, and a DS Millennium will be right at the top of the food chain even in the VIP area.:)

truk4u
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Ted,

We normally do both Charlotte races and Daytona off and on. We've been going with the same group for years and at Charlotte, we're in the Coleman Campground area (dry camping) just outside turn 4. We've had the same parking passes over those years and we box in the 8 sites with the campers.

The Nascar image and crowds are changing, but for anyone that has never been, you will truly understand why some animals eat their young!:p This will occur to you at the end of the race when 12 or 14 Budweisers have kicked in and Bubba is at his best, or should I say worse.

I'll have to start throwing your name around, maybe I can score some 50 amp and box seats...:D

rmboies
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=Jim Skiff;25925]www.prevost-stuff.com (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/) is proud to help support PASS (Pro All Star Series) Driver Corey Williams in the number 47 car this weekend.

Hey Jim, this is very exciting...Do you know Corey personally? I see that he has raced in Greenville at the Greenville-Pickens Speedway....that is not far from our farm and if he races there again maybe we can head over and say hello. Bob has expanded his "retirement" business to include stock cars now and they race at this track as well. We would be happy to cheer him on!!''

Jim Skiff
03-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Debi,

I believe he will be racing there in the near future. I think it is April 19th, the day we leave Sevierville.

I know Corey personally as his older sister was in my first class. (She was a go cart racer in 5th grade.) His Dad has been our mechanic for years.

We can an arrange an introduction for you and Bob.

Jim

rmboies
03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Debi,

I believe he will be racing there in the near future. I think it is April 19th, the day we leave Sevierville.
I know Corey personally as his older sister was in my first class. (She was a go cart racer in 5th grade.) His Dad has been our mechanic for years.
We can an arrange an introduction for you and Bob.
Jim

That would be wonderful Jim, but we won't be home from Sevierville in time! I am sure Corey will be back to that track again....what a talented and handsome young man...Have you ever driven one of the NASCAR vehicles? If not, I am told by Bob that it is a once in a lifetime thrill. For our 25th anniversary I gave him a one day NASCAR driver class at Lowes Motorspeedway in Charlotte. He made several laps around the track in the M&M car.....I think his top speed was 145/148 mph....of course he claims it felt like 500 mph on the banked turns and no way he wanted to get close to that wall:eek:

Jim Skiff
03-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Corey Williams Wins
2008 Easter Bunny 150
With Support from
Prevost-stuff.com!

http://www.speed51.com/

Pictures to Follow!:D

tdelorme
03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
That is a great win for this young fellow. I would have to think that some NASCAR team owner will be in contact with Cory real soon. A win like this will get a driver noticed quicker that you can believe. Jim, let Cory and his dad know he has a bunch of new fans on the forum.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Skiffer great pick.

Where is the BIG Prevost-Stuff.com plastered across the hood and deck lid:D

Jim Skiff
03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Joe,

It looks like he had the decal on the hood. I'll post some pictures when I get them from Corey.

Jim