PDA

View Full Version : MPD Defined

Jeffery Raymond
05-10-2006, 08:08 AM
As some of you may recall, I was trained in the past as a psychologist before retirement v. 3.15. Here I would like to share a new diagnosis which seems to be spreading.

MAD PREVOST DISEASE

Onset: This syndrome begins to set in at early middle age. There are no known precursors to the disease or genetic markers. It can begin suddenly or gradually appear in those who suffer from the disorder.

Gender: MPD normally appears in males, yet seems to spread to others in family units in varying ways, such as compliance with family relationships, or in decorating ideas or even possibly in driving in some cases.

Reality Checking: Most notable amongst sufferers from MPD is the detachment from Activities of Daily Living. ("Honey, no kidding, this is the last bus I will ever buy," or, "They just want 450 for it, what a deal!") Other manifestations may be an apparent addiction to anything related to MPD stimuli, such as a stainless steel coffee pot, the smell of diesel smoke, normally in the morning. Dissociation from objective reality can cause interruptions in otherwise healthy relationships. Outbursts of seemingly irrelevant statement are often noted in the disorder as those who suffer from MPD may discover new information or insights relative to Prevost ownership. Such outbursts may occur spontaneously, or in response to a single stimuli.

Changes in Personality: Otherwise robust, healthy persons can succumb to MPD without any known cause. Typically, partners and family members will find the individual to be at first distracted from normal activities, usually by computer or thumbing through magazines. The first statements provided by those who suffer from MPD are often, "Family related." These are the first justifications for the acquisition of a bus as the individual with MPD is beginning to integrate the ownership of a bus into the family relationship. Early research does not provide enough data to determine if this statement is actually true, or merely serves as a means to acquire a bus. Further research in this area is limited as many MPD sufferers fail to provide truthful information as to their real motives.

Treatment Options: Typically, MPD becomes such an overwhelming yearning, a deep, fundamental desire, that family and partners succumb to the demands of the MPD sufferer and agree to acquire a coach. It is their feeling that the acquisition of the bus will ease symptoms. However, that is usually not the case. Rather, the acquisition of the first bus reinforces MPD and the constellation of symptoms exhibited by the MPD victim. Self-help groups, such as POG, are actually thinly-veiled distribution centers of further symptoms of MPD, as associating with other known victims of MPD deepens the effects of the syndrome. It has already been discovered that true and meaningful personal relationships develop from such groups and that the MPD sufferer begins to have, 'fun.'

Course of MPD: From earliest onset, MPD becomes a part of the individual's perception of their own environment. Cues such as the diesel exhaust of a truck, generator or any other powered device heighten daily impulses. Association with others with MPD empowers the individual to seek new and often fantastic or grandiose ideas about the use of a bus, improvement of individual components, and in some cases, compulsive cleaning, mechanical work, parts replacement, photography and increased computer use to communicate with others. Family and partners often fear that the MPD sufferer may have, 'gone off the deep end,' yet there is no documentation that any individual has been hospitalized or even medicated as a result of MPD. Rather, MPD Euphoria begins to arise from the person suffering from MPD; a previously unknown psychological condition. In this state, spontaneous laughter from unknown sources, chortling and random mumbling appear at this stage. The vocabulary used by MPD persons may be unrecognizable, as their statements may often by unrelated to any reasonable task at hand.

Outcome: All treatment options can be considered, however, withdrawal from MPD can be toxic to the individual and to others, including partners, family members and other associates. Those few who are temporarily able to maintain employment often sell off their businesses or retire to further immerse themselves more deeply into MPD. First stage research indicates that MPD is a lifelong condition from which their is no retreat, known treatment or mitigation of symptomatology. What is known is that understanding partners and friends, being flexible with their time and inclinations toward the MPD sufferer, may actually enjoy the benefits of coach ownership and the widening circle of friends, new acquaintances and the awakening of new frontiers of life which result from MPD.

Special considerations: MPD sufferers should not be isolated from their coaches for extended periods of time. There are no data to support anecdotal findings, however it appears that they may become irritable, unsettled, restless and edgy when separated from POG or their coaches. Attempts at redirecting MPD symptoms back to pre-MPD conditions are usually unsuccessful. Usually, even faking a passing interest in an MPD moment is enough to satisfy the MPD victim that she/he is not alone in the quest for perfection and, in many cases, cleanliness of a coach, or even in the acquisition of a coach, is enough to mollify the sufferer. Under NO circumstances should the individual suffering from MPD be allowed to visit sales facilities with the deed to a primary residence in hand without adult supervision.

Summary: MPD is a naturally occurring disorder for middle-aged persons who seek to further enjoy a widening circle of friends. It is not a hobby; but a consuming, all-encompassing passion combining the best of the individual to share with family members and friends. As their is no viable treatment option at the moment, it is suggested to those who love their MPD family member that they should be supportive, occasionally suggest alternative activities (understanding that such activities will likely be ignored by the MPD person), but be kind. You're dealing with a guy with a bus here. There are those who have suffered the disease for as many as 35 years, and eventually all family members will kindly acknowledge that Dad may be a bit over the edge, but still deserving of all the love and support as a part of the family.

Epidemiological forecast: MPD is spreading slowly throughout the country. It may be contagious. There is no known vaccination, as a little exposure to stainless steel seems to be enough to create the first symptoms.

Jerry Winchester
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Damn

(And I learned that you have to post a message with at least 10 characters or you get an error message)

MangoMike
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Jeffrey,

You do need a bus. You have waaaaay too much time on your hands.

MM

rfoster
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I DITTO EVERTHING J.WINCHESTER AND MIKE SAY - DAMN, YOU NEED A BUS!
LIKE NOW!
Roger That!

Jim Skiff
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Excellent self-diagnosis Jeff! Physician Heal Thyself!!!!

Jeffery Raymond
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
We finally got our bus late this afternoon. I have taken the cure for MPD, and we have our 'last bus,' no kidding. Hey, it's only money and I am all set...gotta go, found out that there is an outfit in The Phillipines that sells chrome head covers and a guy just went by with neon which flashes when his subwoofer kicks in.

Forget what I wrote this morning, I was just bored.

Cya on the road.

All better.

lewpopp
05-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Mendacity, My Friend, Mendacity

truk4u
05-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Now I know what actually happened to me!:eek:

mike kerley
05-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Nice bus Jeff, Come see us!

Jeffery Raymond
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Wish MM were here. The final adjustment is to the Webasto burner, the mixing valves. The tech was fussing about something or other and I was going to bring up the the MM Webasto article for him on the laptop if he had any questions.

Decided not to do it.

Some guys have NO sense of humor.

MangoMike
05-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Yea, It's like telling your wife how to cook. Usually counter productive.

MM

Jerry Winchester
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
From a resturaunt guy who isn't a chef. I would be hacked as well.

Just Plain Jeff
05-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Now we have two, count 'em TWO MPD sufferers in the house. We brought back The Beast to the house today and the Sled Dog was cleaning the shoreline.

"POG members gotta have clean power." And that was her direct quote.

We're hopeless (and broke...hear that Lew? Send us some Lew Bucks).

lewpopp
05-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm donating all of my Lewbucks to the Texas Gasoline Moguls, sorry.

Headed north Sunday to return in October for mor of the same.

Just Plain Jeff
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Caught the Sled Dog using the coach as her hairdressing mirror this afternoon.

And to think that Jon is vain.

Huh!

Just Plain Jeff
02-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Off to Liberty at Stuart later.

Anyone need anything? :D

rmboies
02-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Off to Liberty at Stuart later.

Anyone need anything? :D

Yes, I need the 2005 double slide they sold last month:D Thanks for picking it up for me:p

Just Plain Jeff
02-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, I'm here at the Candy Store. Holy Metal is there a lot of nice stuff here.

Let's see, a quick call to Fast Tommy Spirito and....oh well, probably not. The Boss isn't with me and I think it could be a deal breaker if she didn't like it? (03 Mandalay).

Nice camper.