PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Sign-Ups for TN

Jim Skiff
03-14-2008, 08:57 AM
If anyone is interested in attending the Rally in Tennesee, please let me know. We're wrapping up last minute numbers to get to the River Plantation Folks. Please let me know as soon as you can.

I'll post expected attendees when the list is finalized.

Jim

dalej
03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Jim,

I just mapped out the drive. It's 2100 miles round trip, divided by 5 mpg pulling our trailer, that's 420 gallon of 3.75 diesel, which totals $1575.

So how about that fuel card! Lew is exempt! :)

tdelorme
03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Jim,

I just mapped out the drive. It's 2100 miles round trip, divided by 5 mpg pulling our trailer, that's 420 gallon of 3.75 diesel, which totals $1575.

So how about that fuel card! Lew is exempt! :)

Dale, I'm thinking $3.75 may be wishful thinking by the time mid-April rolls around. We are at $3.79 here in East Texas as of this morning. But, truthfully, I'm not going to worry about it. We're going and plan to have a great time. I will not let the price of diesel ruin my day. Don't like it, but we're gonna roll every chance we get.

dalej
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Ted, your right on...I just like giving Skiff a hard time!

lloyd&pamela
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
We just made the trip from LA to Knoxville and average price was 3.629

The cheapest was at the FlyingJ at exit 369 only 3.539

Jon Wehrenberg
03-14-2008, 03:36 PM
THAT IS CRITICAL INFORMATION LLOYD POSTED, EXCEPT HE LEFT OFF THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT FOR SEVIERVILLE ATTENDEES.

THE FLYING J AT EXIT 369 IN WEST KNOXVILLE ON I 40 / I 75 MAY BE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE FUEL ANYWHERE SO CHECK YOUR MAPS AND IF POSSIBLE ATTEMPT TO FUEL YOUR COACH THERE.

Depending on your direction of travel you may or may not be passing this exit.

lewpopp
03-14-2008, 10:35 PM
While in Sevierville, go on over to Gatlinburg and visit "RANGER BOB'S TRADING POST. It is located between lights #6 and #7 next to the Pancake Pantry. The names of the owners are John and Tammy Yaksic.

This is owned by a member of POG's daughter and son-in-law. They have just purchased it and would appreciate the business. The member that belongs to POG is using the code word as Jaide1 or 2 (I can't remember) and their names are Ron and Hilda Fabricius.. Super nice people. They are there now and have to be home during the April rally.

Will Garner
03-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Jim,

I have a possible seminar being lined up for the Sevierville Rally. I corresponded with Peter Schuck, President of SMI, Inc. Since there has been a considerable amount of dialog on Toad Braking systems, mine included, I asked would they have any interest in coming to Sevierville, their home office is just up the road in Evansville Indiana, to do an install on my pick up as one of our seminars. He sent a response this morning indicating it could well work out for them to do just that.

So do we have space for them to do this? It might be good to give him a call to arrange the logistics. He gave me (812) 483-3507 as a mobile phone number. Im calling him this morning to speak with him and will advise him that he may be hearing from you.

I sure hope this can be worked out as my options for getting brakes on my Toad vehicle are very limited near where I live.

Hope all is well with you this morning. Carole and I go see the account this morning what with April 15th looming on the horizon.

Sincerely,

W. C. "Will" Garner, Jr.
(910) 690-5631 (mobile)
(910) 692-8891 (land line)

rfoster
03-15-2008, 10:14 AM
What was the final consensus on coach TPS systems. Or was there no consensus? I would like to purchase one for my coach as I believe it would be a good tool to have on board. Particularly if it told temps as well as pressure.

The reason I posted this question on the rally page, --if there is a vendor reading this with -- some inventory he needs to sale then come on to Sevierville, I for one would be a good prospect.

You would need to get the blessing of the POG admin Jim Skiffer, I feel confident that he would be open to the idea.:cool:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Jim Skiff. have you placed everybody in sites at the campground, or do we call and choose our own sites?

My first Rally as a bus owner, so I want to be parked with the group this year, all though not too close to MM or JDUB. :p

Strange things happen to coaches when they are around, JDUB and MM.

Good thing my bus comes with 3' Perimeter alarm, to fend off pesky partiers....or sabatours or Plastic dolls :D

Gary S.

Ray Davis
03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Gary,

If previous rallies are any indicator, Jim assigned slots to us. We didn't need to make reservations, nor ask the park for specific slots.

If you have someone specifically that you're traveling with, and would like to be parked nearby, you may want to contact Jim.

Ray

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Gary,

If previous rallies are any indicator, Jim assigned slots to us. We didn't need to make reservations, nor ask the park for specific slots.

If you have someone specifically that you're traveling with, and would like to be parked nearby, you may want to contact Jim.

Ray

Thanks, Ray. I guess you are not making the TN rally?

Gary S.

Jim Skiff
03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Gary,

The park and I will place people in their spots. We consider where to place sponsors and break up unhealthy cliques.

:eek:

Jim

jonnie
03-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Gary,

I doubt if your 3 foot perimeter alarm will protect your from the dynamic duo and their partners in crime. About the only way to protect yourself is a 24/7 vigil and surround yourself with claymore mines and I'm not sure even that would act as protection or a deterrent. Good Luck

dalej
03-18-2008, 08:40 AM
and break up unhealthy cliques.

Jim, could you post these cliques so we all know who the trouble makers are. :)

MangoMike
03-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Jonnie,

I know you miss us!

I wonder if any of the new guys need a Prevo conversion kit.

Mike & JDUB

Ray Davis
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Ray. I guess you are not making the TN rally?
Gary,

No, although I'd love to be there, a full cross-country trip while working full-time is impossible.

It seems from the posted list like everyone from the central part of the country is coming to TN. I sure hope we have some people make it to Pahrump in May!

Ray

garyde
03-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Gary. There is no place to hide. Better start making nightly sacrifices to the Prevost gods!

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I would think parking next to the Krakmobile would be ground zero. Mike, did you get the shipping address for the Sevieville park so we can drop ship the giant box-o-pranks? As Gary has desired to move up on the priority list, I will just bring his coach warming gifts with me. Nothing better than a NOOB to break in some new stuff on.

Unhealthy Cliques

A1 + King of Bling
Krak4U Tom + Emerson
Dale + Sticky
Mel Torme + Loc
Jonnie + Tuga (can't let two SOBs park close)
Bob 00-04 + Converters (six month limit between new coach purchases)
Lew + Harry (too much bitching and not one good ear between them)

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Jonnie,

Did you ever get that demon possessed TV fixed? Isn't it hard to watch with the channels always changing and the volume ocillation?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-19-2008, 12:04 PM
In Jerry's post of pairs to avoid did anybody else notice a pair that was not listed, but needs to be at the top of that list?

rfoster
03-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Do they both own Marathons, married to attractive ladies and all their kids are girls?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Do they both own Marathons, married to attractive ladies and all their kids are girls?

ROGER THAT,............ ROGER. You nailed those guys ! :D

Maybe with their significant others at the rally this time, they won't be as rambunctious ? :p :eek:

Gary S.

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I think you guys are delusional. There is no credible evidence that either Mike or I have been anywhere near any of the sorted issues that have plagued previous gatheriings.

At P1, Jon was parked between Mike and me.
At P2, I was parked between the Krakman and Kevin Erion.
At P3, I was again parked by the Krakman and next to Dale.
At P4, I was parked next to the road and Mike showed up late, so he got the slot that was left between Jonnie and me.

I think I have been unfairly cast as a miscreant.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
I think you guys are delusional. There is no credible evidence that either Mike or I have been anywhere near any of the sorted issues that have plagued previous gatheriings.

At P4, I was parked next to the road and Mike showed up late, so he got the slot that was left between Jonnie and me.

Sorry Jer, but I think you just answered our concerns.... YOU WERE PARKED IN THE SAME PARK, therefor your guilty . and if I knew what a Miscreant was, I imagine that fits you and MM to a TEE.

Close counts in hand grenades, horseshoes, and PRANKSTERS TRICKS. :D:D

Jon Wehrenberg
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
What's with the big words, Jerry? MissCreant sounds like the name on the back of a 100 foot yacht.

tdelorme
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM

JDUB, I hope you find this interesting. After much research which included both Google and that wickopedia deal, I have discovered two points of interest:
First, you are not the first Okie to be called a miscreant. In fact, at one time in history the entire populace of the State of Oklahoma where considered miscreants.
Secondly (and we are all so proud of you for this) you are the first Okie to ever use that word in a sentence. Congratulations!!!:):)

lewpopp
03-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Harry....Are you going to let the "over fed miscreant" speak of us the way he does? Strike back (if you can hear me)

garyde
03-19-2008, 10:57 PM
You can always tell when a POG rally is coming. It's kind a like a Huricane, a lot of Hot Air before the storm. Brace yourself.

tdelorme
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
:rolleyes:
You can always tell when a POG rally is coming. It's kind a like a Huricane, a lot of Hot Air before the storm. Brace yourself.

What we have here is another------------------------------------miscreant

dale farley
03-20-2008, 12:34 AM
"Jon was parked between Mike and me"
"between Jonnie and me"

Jerry, It is refreshing to see you use the word "me" correctly. The Hollywood crowd has misused "I" so much that they have everyone thinking it is incorrect to ever say "Mike and me". They would incorrectly say "parked between Mike and I." They obviously don't know the difference in when to use "I" or "me". This is one of those little things that drives me nuts.

It is even possible that some read your post and thought you were wrong, but I applaud you for doing it right.

JIM KELLER
03-20-2008, 06:40 AM
"Jon was parked between Mike and me"
"between Jonnie and me"

Jerry, It is refreshing to see you use the word "me" correctly. The Hollywood crowd has misused "I" so much that they have everyone thinking it is incorrect to ever say "Mike and me". They would incorrectly say "parked between Mike and I." They obviously don't know the difference in when to use "I" or "me". This is one of those little things that drives me nuts.

It is even possible that some read your post and thought you were wrong, but I applaud you for doing it right.

Poor Paulette.

Jerry Winchester
03-20-2008, 08:49 AM
You are correct about the use of "I". I had heard it used the other way so many times I found myself doing it all the time. Then I got spanked in an e-mail note to my college english professor about it and reverted back to the correct usage. It still feels goofy, but I didn't want A1 to melt down on me or call in the grammar police.

After all, it's the little things...............

dale farley
03-20-2008, 08:49 AM
You're right Jim. I do let some of the small things drive me nuts, but I balance it out by driving Paulette nuts with some really wacky things that I do or don't do. Of course, it seems to me like you may have a few idiosyncrasies, and I may not be alone in my world.

rfoster
03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Gary:
Be thankful that the technology is not available to us for odors to be sent over the internet. I am.

dale farley
03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Jerry, T

The wrong usage of "I" has become so common, I wonder if it is going to become accepted, but I doubt it. What's bad, is that it is one of the easiest rules to keep straight. As a general rule, if you are using the pronoun ("I" or "me") as a "Subject", it is "I". If it is used as an "Object," it is "me".

The easiest way to keep it straight is to just temporarily delete the other noun or pronoun and say it by itself. Example: "Jon parked by Mike and me." Just remove the Mike, and it would make sense to say "Jon parked by me. Not "Jon parked by I". Obviously, you know this already.

I assume I will get pinged some more about this, but one of the advantages of getting old, is that I don't care what others say if I know I'm right. Unfortunately, when I am talking (not writing), most of these English rules seem to get overcome by my Tennessee Hillbilly lingo (no offense to Jon or Roger). I was born in Mud Spring Hollow, moved to Lagoon, and then to Spout Spring Hollow, so Dolly Pardon has nothing on me.

Jerry Winchester
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Roger,

Bite my (_!_)

JIM KELLER
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Jerry, T

The wrong usage of "I" has become so common, I wonder if it is going to become accepted, but I doubt it. What's bad, is that it is one of the easiest rules to keep straight. As a general rule, if you are using the pronoun ("I" or "me") as a "Subject", it is "I". If it is used as an "Object," it is "me".

The easiest way to keep it straight is to just temporarily delete the other noun or pronoun and say it by itself. Example: "Jon parked by Mike and me." Just remove the Mike, and it would make sense to say "Jon parked by me. Not "Jon parked by I". Obviously, you know this already.

I assume I will get pinged some more about this, but one of the advantages of getting old, is that I don't care what others say if I know I'm right. Unfortunately, when I am talking (not writing), most of these English rules seem to get overcome by my Tennessee Hillbilly lingo (no offense to Jon or Roger). I was born in Mud Spring Hollow, moved to Lagoon, and then to Spout Spring Hollow, so Dolly Pardon has nothing on me.

Quit, You are killing me ! Or is it I. I [me] can't stop laughing.

truk4u
03-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Dale,

Shouldn't you be under the bus in your pit?:p

Jon Wehrenberg
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Dale is busy putting a big X in the bedroom where he wants Paulette to stand for weight and balance purposes.

He had it all calculated for the Marathon, but now that he has a trip to TN coming up for the new CC he wants to get it right. While she is standing back there on the trip up she will be going over her set of English grammar flash cards so he can practice speaking in a grammatically correct manner. (Or TN gibberish if he so chooses.)

dale farley
03-20-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm shocked by all this harshness. I got to go so I can tell Paulette that Jon is calling her fat.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Dale, You will never get away with that. I saved the posts from when you had the other bus where you explained to the whole world how you asked Paulette to step to the rear.

Good try.

dale farley
03-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Jon, I had a good explanation for that one. I was just trying to bring perfect balance to the bus.