PDA

View Full Version : White-Rogers thermostat 12/24/120 volt?

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
What is the voltage on the thermostat.

The Honeywell Focus Digital Manual Thermostat says it works with 24 volt heating and air conditioning systems.

Inside the white-rogers thermostat it says 30 volts max.

Will this work on the CC heating thermostats?

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Lloyd,

Careful on this one...... Country Coach uses very small (24 gauge) wires for control.... switches, thermostats and the like. That wire size really does not like to be handled and is not forgiving...in other words, it breaks very easily.

That being said, your best resource is Country Coach: 1-800-452-8015, then press 1 for English and eventually you end up with Tech Support. You will need to talk to one of the Bus Conversion experts and the very best of them is Jim Craig. They usually call you back within an hour or two with an answer to your quiery. Don't forget, you will need to provide them with a coach number which can be found on the back of the cabinet door above the sink in the lavatory or by your left knee in the driving position. It will begin with 60_____.

John

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks.

The red and black wire going into the thermostat is large with U-terminals on the end. Looks like household wiring.

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Lloyd,

Make certain you DO NOT send any power down a control wire.:eek:...call CC.

Hope that helped,

John

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks.

The red and black wire going into the thermostat is large with U-terminals on the end. Looks like household wiring.

Lloyd,

That's the power, now find the control....

John

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 09:00 AM
there are two small white wires, I thought were part of the thermostat. I have not removed it from the wall yet. I just removed the cover. The control wire may be connected in the rear. I will be calling CC in a few minute when they open.

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Lloyd,

Does your coach have a Motherboard? Go down to the forward bay and look to see if there is a large lexan cover over a bunch of glowing lights and things.

I have no idea as to when they started using Mother/Daughter Boards however.....rather than having a bus load of heavy duty switches that all have heavy wires attached, they went to light weight switches and control that send signals down to the M/D Boards where the actual switching on/off takes place. To cite an example, you call for heat in your bus, the thermostat sends a signal down to the M/D boards saying heat. The board then does a number of things, it may turn on your webasto (if installed) it may start fans in the coach, if it is a propane coach it will start the furnace.

To sum it up, rather than having heavy duty wires, cables and switches all over the place (along with the associated hazzards) they have a main electrical distribution point (M/D Boards) where all the activity takes place. Naturally all components in the system have to be compatable, a Hardware Store Thermostat may not. Jim Craig will clarify I am sure.....

John

JIM KELLER
03-13-2008, 09:28 AM
John, I never thought about it before but your description of the Mother Board may be part of the reason why Country Coach doesn't seem to have a weight issue on any of its axles. I know my front axel is 1500 lbs under the weight rating. Sorry for the Thread Creap Lloyd !

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
No I do not have the mother board that was on loater models. Waiting to hear from Jim Craig.

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Jim is not in today and the tech at CC is stumped. There are only two wires coming into the thermostat. A red and a black. No control wire. There is a separate Hydronic Heat Fan Speed dial on the other wall.

It as 12 volts coming to the thermostat.

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Lloyd,

To get a better understanding it would be nice to know what IS NOT working.

Furnace, a/c???

I would deduce that since you do not have a Motherboard then the Thermostat has control. In other words power for the component, at least one leg of it, flows thru the T-Stat.

Do any of the wires have numbers taped on them........Should you not have the CC Wiring Diagrams I can look that up, although my data only goes back to 95 many of the component wiring numbers will remain the same. Some of the drawings on my coach go back to 1986.

Hold out for Jim Craig; there are also a couple of other's who know busses as they cme from the assembly line. Need to talk to the Prevost Experts only....

John

lloyd&pamela
03-13-2008, 12:03 PM
everything is working. We just prefer a digital thermostat to an analog version.

black wire is labeled 121A and red is labeled 121.

flyu2there
03-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Lloyd,

Don't show either of those numbers in my books.......

I would talk to Jim Craig (telling him those wire numbers) and have him tell you the name of the compatable digital unit. Might want to look at the Dometic Duo-Therm T-Stat....that should do the job.

John

wrongagain
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I guess I am coming into this late, but if we are talking about a regular thermostat it is only a switch, no more no less.
adding setbacks and digital face means nothing, it is a simple make and break switch.
it acts the same as touching the two wires together.
they normally come in low or line voltage.

lloyd&pamela
03-15-2008, 10:23 PM
The Country Coach tech confirmed that last night. I think we will just keep the analog thermostats. Thanks all.