PDA

View Full Version : Sevierville Seminars

JIM KELLER
03-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I was thinking about some of the topics I would like to see at Sevierville. Might be to late for Converters to gear up but I know we have a lot of internal talent. Anyone else have ideas ?

1. A computer class for the challenged. I.E. user friendly tips, how to download a picture. Or is it upload ? Etc.

2. Jacking up a Bus and supporting it properly and safely.

3. How to break into a Bus when you are locked out.

4. Proper preventative roof maintenance to prevent water leaks.

Ray Davis
03-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Great topics Jim.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Jim,

If you keep a list of such topics and post them as the list develops I'll bet that at the meals we could cover or discuss some of them. As far as body supports we could easily do a show and tell.

dreamchasers
03-13-2008, 06:52 AM
I second the great topics! Excellent for us NEWBIES!

I will have an LCD projector with me that can be used the computer class. It makes a great projection of whats on a computer screen when teaching various computer topics.

Hector

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Jim, I think the computer class would be great,also. Count us in if it happens. Sandy

Jon Wehrenberg
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm going to sit in on that one. Jim Skiff, will you teach it?

garyde
03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe there should be a welcome newcomers meeting to acquaint those new to POG on the secret handshake.

Jim_Scoggins
03-14-2008, 08:17 AM
I would like to hear about the trouble shooting procedures to use in the event of a failure of the bus to start with emphasis on electrical components (and their locations) such as relays and fuses.

phorner
03-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Hmmm.... I thought the secret handshake was a standard handshake with the right hand while holding a digital multi-meter in the left????

JIM KELLER
03-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Hmmm.... I thought the secret handshake was a standard handshake with the right hand while holding a digital multi-meter in the left????

Paul close but no cigar. When I first joined Jon taught me the secret handshake. I still have not totally recovered today !

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Is Nick Hessler still scheduled hold a seminar?

Jim Skiff
03-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Jim,

Nick is unable to make it to Sevierville. If you want to contact Nick, here is a link to his website:

http://www.centurionconversionservice.com

merle&louise
03-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I would like to see ( and I think others may want to see this as well) Jon back his Liberty UP his driveway. This may sound mundane until you see Jon's driveway. Given the close proximity of Jon's driveway to the rally CG I think that we could work something out. How about it Jon?:D

Jon Wehrenberg
03-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Saturday morning after the rally I will be putting it away. All are invited.:D

In the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that there will be zero places to park. The road has no shoulders on either side, and in fact the road is so narrow that when the bus has its RH wheels on the white line, the LH wheels are on the double yellow line.

I think you will all just have to take my word for it that I can back up my driveway and into my garage. (As long as I have more than 100 gallons of fuel on board so I don't stall due to fuel starvation.)

Ray Davis
03-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Somebody needs to video that event, and post it on YouTube!

Jim Skiff
03-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Maybe we can get Jon to wear my POV-1 camera and do a walk-through.

http://www.vio-pov.com/

Jim

Ray Davis
03-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Now THAT is a cool gadget!

dalej
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Now Jim, what if he forgets to shut it down when he and Di head to the back of the bus?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I am speechless. How can you have such thoughts? Nasty boy.

dalej
03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Jon, I was only trying to protect Di's good name! That kind of oversight or forgetfulness could end up being put out on YOU-TUBE and who only knows where else.

lloyd&pamela
03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I can attest to the fact the Jon has the steepest drive I have ever walked up and the scariest I have ever driven down. It rained the night before we left and I just knew the bus was going to slide all the way into the river.

Jon is not kidding about the narrow road. If were not for the gracious drivers who kindly pulled over as far as they could we would have had hash marks down the entire length of the drivers side.

Watching Jon back up is a sight to behold. Jon is the MAN.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Just to help put it in perspective, until the rear end of the bus is at the garage door opening, the mirrors are still below the level of the floor.

There are no level spots on my driveway. Even at the spots that are closest to level, there is not enough travel in the bus leveling system to get a coach to sit level. But the view is fantastic.

lloyd&pamela
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM
A few photos.