PDA

View Full Version : Sting's Millennium

MangoMike
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I sent Sting an email other day inquiring about his new ride.

He's forwarded me some pixs with permission to post on POG.

As Loc outlined on a different post, it's great looking with some unique features.

The elusive Sting.

MangoMike
03-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Coloradobus
03-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow, very nice. I think Meillenniums are sweet. the first one we saw was at 2002 FMCA that had Fisher Panda genset with radiator and exhaust on the roof. the genset was absolutely quiet and smooth. with its inards in an encased water jacket, our Kolher can't even dream of being that quiet. I bet the Millenniums's genset could run in a National park after hours and no one would know. Great paint, too!!

MangoMike
03-09-2008, 09:42 PM
play area for the kids in the bay.

Secret hatch to the bay play area.

Backlit display.

MangoMike
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM

If his bus does make the FMCA magazine, hopefully Sting will give a pitch for POG.

Nice bus.

MIke

merle&louise
03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
If my grandkids could see this they would flip out!

I did! Way to go Sting!:D

Five-O
03-10-2008, 08:22 AM
I can see now I definately have the fever for a Millennium. I can only imagine how it looks in person. I hope he will join POG again if he indeed is not a current member.

rmboies
03-10-2008, 08:51 AM
If his bus does make the FMCA magazine, hopefully Sting will give a pitch for POG.Nice bus.
MIke

Mango, thank you for sharing these....Todd has some very innovative ideas and it is wonderful to see how they turned out. Maybe Millennium should pay him a consulting fee :D Fabulous looking coach and I look forward to seeing it in the FMCA mag, at least I hope it will be in there!

Debi

Five-O
03-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Debi, I cannot wait to see pictures of your Millennium. I bet it is beautiful. I have to admit of all the converters I have never seen a bad interior in a Millennium. As pretty as they look in pictures they are even better in person. I saw pics of an H3 Millennium and then in person I was blown away. One thing I respect about them is there pics are not doctored up to make it look like there is this huge hallway or salon. We all know there is only so much space but some converters really make it look like there is more room than there is in pictures which I guess to some could lead to disappointment. I better stop looking at these pictures, or I am going to do something crazy-lol. I know I cannot wait to see your pictures Debi.

Ray Davis
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow! That is a a stunning coach! Thanks for sharing ...

garyde
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I met Nelson Figueroa , (Millennium), several years ago at a FMCA rally. He and his wife were displaying a new & very nice H3-45 which knocked my socks off. Selling for a flat $1,250,000.00 in 2006. Sting has every right to be proud, they make a great Coach.

mikedee
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
We are very impressed, just perrrrrfect.

Thank you for sharing

MangoMike
03-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Notice the number of views received by this post?

Closing in on Corona Kelly.

MIke

Sting
03-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Well guys thanks for the comments. Thanks Mike, and you too Jerry and others like Loc, who I have talked too in the last year and said "hey cmon back". I guess I have a lot of threads to read. Jerry, look forward to seeing you at the end of the month. I enjoyed the time you came thru with your new bus. I could see how you, Mango and myself could get into trouble.:) You have to come back and feed the cats- remember them?:) Loc, let me know when you want to get together at Cajun Palms. Mango, great talking too you on the phone. For being a crazy guy sometimes you make a lil bit of sense.;)

MangoMike
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Stingman,

Good to have you back at POG. We missed you.

Although I know you don't want to brag about your new bus (although I would in a heartbeat), how about sharing some of the unique features of the new coach. I, and Loc, have outlined a couple of them in past posts and in the pixs above. (especially details of the unique kids bay setup). But would like to hear it from the horses mouth. Perhaps it will give some of us some ideas when we do a refit, or win the lottery.

Mike

Sting
03-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Will do Mango. I wanted to tease you the other day on the phone and tell you since you are the founding father of the two bus club, am I the first member to come out of retirement? I am sure between you and Jerry you will figure some catchy name or acronym for that-lol.

MangoMike
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
RePOSTman

mango

Will Garner
03-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Mango,

How about ReSting?:rolleyes:

rmboies
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Will do Mango. I wanted to tease you the other day on the phone and tell you since you are the founding father of the two bus club, am I the first member to come out of retirement? I am sure between you and Jerry you will figure some catchy name or acronym for that-lol.

Or how about just plain glad to have you back :D Works for me! Todd, Meg says Hi!

Debi

rmboies
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
disappointment. I better stop looking at these pictures, or I am going to do something crazy-lol. I know I cannot wait to see your pictures Debi.

Why thank you Five-O, I can't wait to take those pics for you......I am beginning to forget what it looks like myself, I have only seen it once! Soon, I hope, very soon.

Tuga, please change that number to three of us with Millennium's in POG since the Stingman is back;)

Debi

jack14r
03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Sting,I sure would like to see your coach at the TN rally,from the pictures it is something else!welcome back.

Five-O
03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Well finally HELLO mysterious one! I look forward to hearing more about the special features on your bus and your future postings.

Sting
03-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Or how about just plain glad to have you back :D Works for me! Todd, Meg says Hi!

Debi

Tell Meg hello. Is she still doing her own thing? The gal has a talent.

Sting
03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Stingman,

Good to have you back at POG. We missed you.

Although I know you don't want to brag about your new bus (although I would in a heartbeat), how about sharing some of the unique features of the new coach. I, and Loc, have outlined a couple of them in past posts and in the pixs above. (especially details of the unique kids bay setup). But would like to hear it from the horses mouth. Perhaps it will give some of us some ideas when we do a refit, or win the lottery.

Mike

The pic of the kids bay actually was not the completed pic. The bay has its own heating and air. The TV is a 26in LCD. The bay is tricked out with flooring and walls to make it look just like a room. There is an infrared camera that we can watch the kids with even in pitch black darkness. Also there there is a video phone for us to communicate with them if we are in the bedroom. They also have a small crestron panel to control the TV and the built in video games(XBOX and Wii) There are 8 TVs in the bus including the one that rises up between the passenger seat and salon sofa which is pretty neat. Nelson, toward the end told me to challenge him and he answered. My navigation screen is pretty neat. Can watch the back up camera, TV or DVD alone or with the Nav. I like antiques and nice art. It became a challenge to locate some of the art work in the bus, as some of this artist's work was one of a kind. But we accumulated some nice pieces to go in the bus. This lead to us trying to locate an artist who would make a one of a kind sconce for us which turned out beautifully. The sinks are also signed artist pieces. The copper work came from a guy in Ohio that makes copper art. Those pieces went well in the bath area since the wall covering is a cork material with copper flakes. We also used two different woods in the coach and challenged the wood guys with diamond inlays on the doors and the arch over the bed. We made sure there were no cabinets over the bed. They are usually too shallow anyway and makes the room seemed closed in too boot. In addition to the TVs and the small crestron panel in the kids bay, there are three more crestron panels. One built in the dash and two more large tablets that are portable. The crestron panels control every and I mean every function you can think of in the coach, as well as, monitoring the tanks and dumping and slides opening and closing, awnings, etc. Also, on the two portable tablets you can access the internet and works like a laptop, even while driving. There is a wireless modem in the bus. On the outside entertainment bay they built in an electric cooktop that slides out and its pretty neat. I need to get some pics taken so the group can see. Also I wanted power and power I got. The bus has 4 2500 watt inverters that run all four a/c units going down the road and all the TVs and lights without the need of a generator. There are also 8 huge marine batteries. Its real nice when parked and you dont want the generator to run. We tested it out and it took a day and a half almost two before the generator kicked on. There are some other things but cant think of everything. Sometimes just sitting in the bus makes me remember or see things that we added. By the way, the TV in slide is sweet and really looks nice with the artwork underneath. I will try to get some pics of the cooktop and if there is something you would like to see, let me know. Good to be back.

rmboies
03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Tell Meg hello. Is she still doing her own thing? The gal has a talent.

Will do and yes, she has created "Designs By Meg" You are right, she is extremely talented and very innovative. Not to mention she is a really nice gal:D

Love the features in your coach Todd....I hope we get to see them one day!

Debi

Five-O
03-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Your bus sounds awesome.

Sting
03-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Debi, talked to Meg today and she was telling me some of the things she has done with your bus. Sounds wonderful. I know you cant wait.

GregS
07-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello to all...

I came across this thread and figured this mite be a good way to introduce myself and my first conversion bus...I bought Stings bus intact with all art etc. on 7/11/11...I look foward to all the comradery that POG has to offer in the future...One more note bout the bus. I feel I bought the most Cherry pre-LOVED Prevost conversion coach in America, due the these few facts, Sting never cooked in it period and its only made one trip to Tenn. its never had a brush put to it and has only been hand washed and dried all its short life also garrage kept.

Thanx for allowing me to be part of such a diverse and knowledgeable group as POG...

Greg Smith
Mobile,Alabama<-------Roll "TIDE" Roll

Jon Wehrenberg
07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the asylum. Not real sure about that knowledgeable part. I hope you put the bus to good use. Our coaches were made to be run hard and put away wet. They are built for commercial use and as you will note by perusing the threads little or no use brings about problems and issues not often found in coaches that are used regularly.

The best way to enjoy this group of misfits is to participate in ralies, if not the big rallies such as the Austin rally planned for October, but any mini rallies that crop up from time to time such as the Oshkosh and Michigan rally this month. You not only get to meet other people that spent $25 to ecome POG members, but you learn if we cannot help you with problems, we at least are sympthetic. (maybe)

BoaterAl
07-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I found the pictures at the beginning of this post, absolutely beautiful bus. Maybe you have time to attend the up- coming Petoskey MI. rally starting July 29th. Contact Nancy at Hearthside 1-888-260-9362.... always room for one more.

univmd
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Congrats on the new bus, it is beautiful, did you get the matching Hummer, did Sting retire from RVing?

GregS
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
No on da Hummer... I could have bought it however I'm jus not a Hummer kinda guy... He is pursuing other Zeals At this time... Thanx for the compliment...

Greg

Bill1170
07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Welcome Greg, I like your new bus and the fact you are a "Roll Tide" man. We are just across the bay in Foley. We go to all Bama games and will have to get together.
Bill Cleverdon

bonhall41
07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice to have another close POGger. Gorgeous bus! Donald is from Mobile and we still have family there.
War Eagle!

GregS
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi backatcha Carol and Bill. Would love to join ya'll for an Alabama game give me a call sometime 443-7755... to Donald and Bonnie if ya ever need a place to park da bus in Mobile I got your spot and the price is rite...LOL

Greg

GDeen
07-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Welcome Greg. I have some business associates in Tuscaloosa, and took the bus over for the AR game in 2009. Great game day experience, and you can see I have appropriate colors on the bus to fit in with the Bama crowd.

Loc
07-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Greg,

Welcome to POG. I was in Sanford at Millennium when Todd (aka Sting) was taking delivery. I was amazed by the number of inverters in that thing and all the art glass. We may take you up on the L.A. parking spot on one of our Mouse trips.

Deeno,

Quit trying to avoid the true affiliation of your bus - That is Aggie Maroon. I have pictures of it at the Promised Land. Hope the trip is going well.

Loc

SteveCooper
07-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Greg, are you my Olsen 40 buddy? Somehow I knew you would end up in a Prevost before it was all said and done. We'll have to talk buses someday. Welcome to the neighborhood.

GregS
07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Steve I tink u have me mistaken for someone else...I went from an American Eagle to Stings Millennium, however thanx for the welcoma and I see your quite close to me here in Mobile...

SteveCooper
07-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Sounds like it Greg. I have a friend in Loxley that owns Flowerwood Nursery, named Greg Smith.He and I have sailed together off and on for years and I always suspected he would eventually get into motorhomes. I'll look forward to meeting you down the road somewhere..

Bill1170
07-30-2011, 04:05 PM
GregS,sorry to just now answer you , we have been on at trip to Florida and sort of out of pocket. We park in the Moody lot at Bama, maybe we can get together, what lot are yall in?
Bill