View Full Version : Windshields

flyu2there
03-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know of a provider for tinted windshields for an XL, make that one with a tint at the top that blends? I don't mean having a strip of vinyl window tinting laid down in the top six inches, rather a nice dark tint that was manufactured with and for the windshield.

I get my windshields from Prevost and they are inexpensive and they ship them free.....however, both the left and right windshield are the same, just flip them over. Had they a tint one would end up with tint up on one side and tint down on the other, maybe ok in India, but...Prevost doesn't do tint, at least they didn't the last time I looked.

Apprecite any info...

John

lewpopp
03-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I am under the impression that only the side windows are tinted. I think the front ones for older coaches are clear only. Didn't pay any attention to what year your coach is but I should have.

Petervs
03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I get mine from Prevost too, and I carry a spare against the back wall of the back closet....it only takes up 1/4 inch there.

If it was tinted I could not install t on either side when the time comes. So I would not want it tinted.

I just use my nice electric sunvisors.

I know on the newer XLII the windshields are bigger, more expensive, and converters often paint the inside top to block visibility where the cabinets are behind them.