PDA

View Full Version : I got dimmers?

Ray Davis
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
This probably falls in the "DUH" category for many of you, but it was a pleasant surprise for me last night.

As many of you know, I traded my 93 Country Coach for a 92 Marathon in October. I've only been out in the bus twice, as working full time definitely kills playtime!

In my CC, I had flourescent ceiling lights, with regular 120v lightbulbs on the side of the salon. Those "regular" lights could be dimmed through standard wall dimmer switches on the side of the coach, near the entrance door, passenger seat.

My Marathon has halogen potlights throughout the salon. Last night Kathy was trying to read up front, while I was back working at the table, and she mentioned that the lights seemed dimmer up front. She was having a difficult time reading.

Purely by accident later that night, Kathy noticed a light switch in the bedroom labled "Master", and she pushed it, and all the lights in the coach came on, AND at full brightness! The front potlights were definitely brighter than earlier that evening.

Well, to make the story short, it turns out, that with the Marathon, you push on the salon light switches, and first click turns them on. Click and hold runs through a sequence, where it starts at last setting, goes to full brightness, and then dims down in several steps about every 2-3 seconds. So, you can present these halogen potlights to any intensity you desire!

Yep, its probably in a manual somewhere, but I never learned about this, and it was a pleasant surprise. Maybe it's something new to you as well.

Ray

truk4u
03-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Ray, the thread police have spanked me a couple times in the last few weeks, we're gettin old ya know, now it's your turn.

You traded back to a 92?:D:p

Jerry Winchester
03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
And it's taken you this long to figure out all the lights dimmed if you held the button down?

I think I would have died with that information........:o

garyde
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
The Liberty has the same thing, but only the main Living, Galley, Hall, & Bedroom. everything else is just on or off. The Tivoli lights are also just on or off.

Alek&Lucia
03-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Same set-up in our '96 Country Coach

Ray Davis
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
good catch Tom. Should be '02. And yep, I had no clue about the dimmers! Its been an interesting weekend at Chula Vista. Also used my macerator for the first time today.