PDA

View Full Version : Whose on First?

merle&louise
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I thought that it would be neat to list which converter has the most units owned on POG. So I sat down and determined what brand each POGGER owned. If I have any errors please let me know and I will edit the post. If I left anyone out just let me know and I will add you to the list.:D

Liberty: Jon, MM, Brian E, GaryDe, Dreadnought, Amanda, Ben, Karl Muller, Blacklab, Chuck Wall, Ken & Ellen, Stelan 73, ToyBox, Matt Stuller, win42, Jack14r, tdelorme, Jim Scoggins, Ed & Donna, Pat & Betty, Shookie, Phorner, Judi, Tony & Jenny Condor, 24

Marathon: MM, Peter, Coloradobus, Lew, Alan, 4BAJA, JDUB, Jello-Jeep, pognumber26, Troy Stone, Ray Davis, 0533, Jim Shoen, Kevin Erion, rbeecher, wrongagain, meandmyprs, Adam Degraff, 18

Country Coach: Fast Roger, Truk, Roadrunner, DaleJ, Ken Zitter, Denny, JamesJ, Jim Keller, Mike Kerley, Relentless, Will Garner, dreamchasers, flyu2there, Bill&Jody, Darl-Wilson, Miles Circo, wlloydw, JPJ, 18

Millennium: Debi & Bob, Loc, Terry & Kris, Shane Guidry,

Royale: Chris Yates, Jeff Bayley, MikeDee, Ed & Sandy, Alex & Lucia

Angola: Jeff Bayley, Eric & Debi,

Parliament: Steve Cooper, billbunch47

Featherlite/Vantare: Kim Sloan, grantracy,

American: Gary & Peggy

Hickox: JoeC

Thompson: Rick DeSilva

Legendary:

Vogue: Danss, rbeecher, Johnny,

Beaver: gmcbuffalo,

Essex: VegasDogMan

Newell: Tuga

Joe Cannarozzi
03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I know there is a Thompson out there Tuga

garyde
03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Merle. I think you got a good start on it. It would be nice to know when some of the Lurkers and non-posters sign-up what type of RV they have if they have one.

billbunch47
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Add another to Parliament, 97 XL. billbunch47

Alek&Lucia
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
we have Country Coach

rfoster
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Way to go Tuga. Did the recent election Polls cause this?

Ray could probaly work his magic with the Keyboard and come up with the answers for you, but it looks like you have a great start.

merle&louise
03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks Roger, I just clicked thru the membership list and most members had their brand listed in their signature. It was easy. I did the ones that I knew and also the ones who posted over 100 posts. It's interesting to see the numbers:)

rfoster
03-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Tuga: Ed & Donna Saylor, and Pat & Betty Peck both POG members and PSL residents have Libertys. (enjoyed their company at the MINI Lew Rally)

I see you found Rick and Wendy at the Thompson Bus Stop.

Eric and Debi Faires of Tennessee. have Locs former Angola.

Not 100 percent sure that Rbeecher is still a member of the TBC but if he is one of then is a Vogue.

shookie
03-06-2008, 11:03 PM
.....another "lurker" here in northeastern pennsylvania, assuming "lurker" is an all-encompassing word for " i hate my mother-in-law"...liberty owner...looking forward to meeting all in april....shookie

rfoster
03-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Tuga, don't know what I was thinking, apparently I wasn't but forgot to mention Phorner of PSL and Lew fame. He has a beautiful Liberty and is also the host of the first Mini Pog Joke Fest at PSL sponsored by our freind Jim Chaloupa. Pizza and wine and laughter. Could and should not forget that one.

Five-O
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Of the top 3 only 1 is a sponsor. Things that make you go Hmmm? I think it would interesting to know the difference between new bus owners vs. used and how many non posters did not list what kind they owned on their profile or signature. It would be nice if that info was listed even if one is lurking. Maybe it could be a requirement when registering. Mr. Skiff your thoughts?

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2008, 12:13 AM
I have a 1991 Country Coach.

phorner
03-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Yep, we have a Liberty. I think that Roger already added us to the roll call, though....

rmboies
03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
<Millennium: Sting, Debi & Bob, Loc>

Tuga, the very nice couple who bought our O3 Millennium joined POG as well. However, I am not sure they are signed up for this forum. Terry and Kris Farrell from Minnesota......They are first time Prevost owners and I am hoping that they will be able to attend POGV. I think more arm twisting may be called for:D I am not sure Sting is still a POG member?

Debi

merle&louise
03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Debi,

I'll add Terry & Kris Farrell to the Millennium list and delete Sting.

merle&louise
03-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Of the top 3 only 1 is a sponsor. Things that make you go Hmmm? I think it would interesting to know the difference between new bus owners vs. used and how many non posters did not list what kind they owned on their profile or signature. It would be nice if that info was listed even if one is lurking. Maybe it could be a requirement when registering. Mr. Skiff your thoughts?

Five-O,

Very observant, you would think that the other 2 converters would pay more attention to us.:(

truk4u
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Royal and Angola closed up shop along time ago!

Loc
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Nice work Tuga. One correction: Gary and Peggy have an American conversion not an American Carriage.

merle&louise
03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks Loc,

So let me get this striaght; there are 3 converters, American, American Carriage, and American Heritage.

Also, I can't remember who has the Legendary conversion?

Judi Brown
03-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi You forgot me 91 Liberty H3 And 08 Liberty Limited Toad.
JB

Loc
03-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Does Judi qualify for two entries in the Liberty category?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks Loc,

So let me get this striaght; there are 3 converters, American, American Carriage, and American Heritage.

Also, I can't remember who has the Legendary conversion?

I think a fulltimer that works for Boeing:confused:

merle&louise
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi You forgot me 91 Liberty H3 And 08 Liberty Limited Toad.
JB

Sorry Judi I will add you now. Thanks!

Ray Davis
03-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Speaking of Sting, whatever happened to him?

lewpopp
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I heard at our coach show at PSL that he took delivery and has been lying low because he didn't want the high profile he was getting. Jeeze...., do you think he deserved what he got after posting all of the crap he posted?

Someone said he was being written up for FMCA magazine. We can wait.

American Heritage is a Fleetwood model, I don't think it is a converter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would be the first time.

Five-O
03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow! I am always confused by the comments I read. Is this a forum for a few or for all as the "Mission Statement" has so aptly been pointed out recently. A POG member in the FMCA magazine and a POG member sarcastically says he can wait? Seems that would be a good thing for POG. But I guess he got a new coach and that I guess explains the cold treatment I get. This guy is one I noticed that had a new coach when I did a search. I see his name is in the member list and then I read he is not a member. What kind of crap did he post? Does anyone here remember a thread just recently as to why some dont post and why some converters arent sponsors? To me its clear and I think this board needs to take heed....Its all about the "tone" of the board. Mr. Lewpopp I guess you could work on your tone, even if its after happy hour.

garyde
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I hope Sting or anyone else for that matter knows they are welcome here.

rbeecher
03-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Tuga: Ed & Donna Saylor, and Pat & Betty Peck both POG members and PSL residents have Libertys. (enjoyed their company at the MINI Lew Rally)

I see you found Rick and Wendy at the Thompson Bus Stop.

Eric and Debi Faires of Tennessee. have Locs former Angola.

Not 100 percent sure that Rbeecher is still a member of the TBC but if he is one of then is a Vogue.

Hi Roger,

You are correct, we still own the '96 Vogue.

Richard Beecher

2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue XL for sale

ajhaig
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Whatever happened to Ben?

rmboies
03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I hope Sting or anyone else for that matter knows they are welcome here.

Absolutely Gary and it does not matter what year your coach is. As I recall, intially we were all very supportive of Sting while his coach was being built. I think it's great that he ordered a new one to his liking for him and his family.

I don't know you Five-O but I couldn't be more thrilled that you have a new coach exactly the way you want it. I do hope we get to meet in TN. I really don't see us as the "haves" and "have nots", it is not who POG is. Yes, some personalities may get in the way at times but it has absolutely nothing to do with what year coach they own. I also don't think that who is a sponsor and who isn't has a thing to do with what is said on this board. It is about business and where they choose to spend their advertising dollars.

I know that Sting is still listed as a member here, and maybe he is, but he has not posted for about a year. My private chats with him have been very pleasant and a good friend of mine who used to work for Millennium speaks very highly of Sting. I hope he is out enjoying his coach with his wife and kids and I am sure the kids adore that special basement playroom he had built just for them. Who knows, maybe he will show up at a rally and surprise us all one day? That would be great:)

Debi

Five-O
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Absolutely Gary and it does not matter what year your coach is. As I recall, intially we were all very supportive of Sting while his coach was being built. I think it's great that he ordered a new one to his liking for him and his family.

I don't know you Five-O but I couldn't be more thrilled that you have a new coach exactly the way you want it. I do hope we get to meet in TN. I really don't see us as the "haves" and "have nots", it is not who POG is. Yes, some personalities may get in the way at times but it has absolutely nothing to do with what year coach they own. I also don't think that who is a sponsor and who isn't has a thing to do with what is said on this board. It is about business and where they choose to spend their advertising dollars.

I know that Sting is still listed as a member here, and maybe he is, but he has not posted for about a year. My private chats with him have been very pleasant and a good friend of mine who used to work for Millennium speaks very highly of Sting. I hope he is out enjoying his coach with his wife and kids and I am sure the kids adore that special basement playroom he had built just for them. Who knows, maybe he will show up at a rally and surprise us all one day? That would be great:)

Debi

Hi Debi. Let me first of all say that I mean no harm at all. In fact there are some here on this board that know me. They know my character and know what I stand for. My point is that I understand your post. Do you not see a contradiction in your post compared to what Lewpopp just posted? Your post would have been well served addressing Lewpopp and not me. I guess I would like to see POG embrace the entire Prevost community and that involves not only members but sponsors. I did a lil research on this subject of Sting since he has a new coach and I see some similarities in the way he was first embraced and myself. Let me give you a for instance.....This was posted by Lewpopp when evidently Sting was looking to buy a coach and he was posting something about light woods vs. dark woods......

LEWPOPP states and this is his exact quote....I guess we all didn't mean to be sarcastic, at least as sarcastic as you said we were. You did come across as someone who changes coaches about as often as Mango changes underwear.

My point is that there are a lot of contradictions among the few that post a lot and those that dont. The above post shows how a man wanting to buy a new coach is treated at the outset. Fellow members do not always welcome the new guy. This gentleman merely stated that he doesnt keep a coach long and he is dealt with a lil harshly according to the thread. But now after this thread it has become common place for some members to own two coaches at one time or maybe three and thats alright. Thats laughed at. There is even the TBC. My point is the TONE. If you are TRULY happy that this man has a new coach then you would join me in focusing your attention on the NEGATIVE comments like what Mr. Lew said. I am not your enemy. This board recently has said they want more members and want lurkers to comment. If that is TRUE, then I am pointing out WHY when it becomes apparent WHY. I welcome the input of the owner of this board or whoever, but I will remind you that I am not your enemy. I am by no means implying a person is the enemy. The enemy is an ATTITUDE. Again you will not find the entire POG community against me as they were at first when I merely and innocently took an opposite view of kids compared to Jon's view. Some are in agreement with what I have said and some now know who I am and again what I stand for. Its time to change the tone. When someone wants to know how to fix a problem with a wrench, that is fine and good info., and no one says anything. Its time for those who want a new coach or thinking about a new coach to talk about wood choices, options to add, etc, and not get hammered for wanting to know such info. If the converters see more of that I can tell you they will be all over this group as it will reflect a broad interest. And if one gets in the FMCA magazine, then good for him. Good for POG. Good for future sponsors and future memberships. Why throw a negative comment out there. There is a difference between ribbing and joking with each other and a negative tone. New coach members step up....MStuller and your new Liberty lets hear more from you. Shaneguidry and your new Millennium you have never posted, let us hear from you. Sting and your new Millennium lets hear from you. You other three(you know who you are) step up to the plate and post. You lurkers, step up. Tell us what you own. Tell us what is on your mind. Sponsors take note, hopefully you will see a change.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-08-2008, 02:17 PM
"The enemy is an ATTITUDE. Again you will not find the entire POG community against me as they were at first when I merely and innocently took an opposite view of kids compared to Jon's view."

5-0.......we've never met. I have no clue who you are or what you hope to accomplish, but I do know you do not have any idea of what my view is.

I stopped the thread in which everybody was piling on your bones because I think it was unfair. But recently you took a shot at Jim C and now Lew, and in your last post you kind of assailed the rest of POG because in your opinion the POG members don't rush right out and embrace new bus drivers.

Let's first deal with Jim C and Lew. When you get to meet and know them you will regret your comments. Lew is a grumpy old man but he is our grumpy old man. When you know him you will realize as anybody that knows him he has a heart of gold. Same with Jim C. This arena we call a forum does not allow us to truly know one another. It is a terrible place to try to figure out who is teasing and who is being mean. We know Jim and Lew. We've met them, we've had dinner with them and had fun together. Before you make some of the comments I would consider hurtful try to get to know the person.

Now lets talk about new coaches. You may have a point. But if you will shut up and listen maybe I can help you better understand why it appears to you that new coach owners are less than welcome. It is not true, but I can see how that conclusion can be reached.

For years the only club or group a Prevost owner could join was the Prevost Prouds. Within that group were some great people. But as a group and not as individuals anybody wishing to join was an outsider until they could be welcomed into the inner circle by displaying their jewelry, their fancy clothes, their personal balance sheet and their new coach which was nicer than your new coach. Maybe this group goes too far the other way trying to not be a bunch of snobs and has instead embraced those who drive used or older coaches. I don't know, and I don't care to take a survey. I'm just guessing. I do know a lot of POG members can probably write checks for a new coach but instead drive older coaches for their own personal reasons.

The ball breaking works in two directions around here in case you hadn't noticed. So if you feel us poor folks who don't match your demographic and who don't drive a new Marathon need a little kidding and comeuppance by you, how about coming to Sevierville, introduce yourself, lets us get to know you, and you in turn get to know us, and then have at it. Who knows, maybe JDUB will hang a nickname on you. You may even get an award. But right now you are not winning friends by judging us.

Five-O
03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
The ribbing at Jim and what I said about Jim stepping up to the plate and buying a coach is no different than what you have said or others have said to him. Jim has had his moments too. So your argument there has no merit whatsoever.

Now lets talk about more than ribbing...You stand up in LewPopp's honor and tell what a great American he is. How about the guy he just trashed in a post? How about that Mr. Jon? Did that fellow POG member deserve that? You dont know? You dont care to know? You dont want to take a survey? You are just guessing? Maybe it is you who should shut up and listen(your words not mine).

As far as making friends. I do have some friends Mr. Jon. Some of the same ones you call friends here. I am not too worried about JDUB giving me a nickname, maybe he already has. Jon, as far as judging, it would appear you do a better job than me at that. I am well aware the ball breaks both ways. Are you? Lets not dish it out and cant take it. Your defensive arguments are contradicting, and lack substance.

Darl-Wilson
03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Debi,

Tuga, Sting hasn't posted since last April but is still listed as a member. I am curious to know if he finally got his new coach. The early pictures of it sure looked great.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Five-o until you came along my signature line was the crumbcatchers a word that was used by JPJ in an early post that I stole for us.

Then you mistakenly referred to us as crumbsnatchers and I laughed at that for a long long time, immediately changed our signature line and get a chuckle every time I look at it.

Thank you for that funny little fropa.

tdelorme
03-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Five-O, this forum is never going to measure up to your expectations. You sound like a well balanced intelligent individual, most of us aren't. Please follow the link below and you will feel much more at home.

http://www.prevostprouds.com/

Five-O
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I did want to mention one more thing that I did not address and that is whether or not we should be concerned about what is said here when it comes to sponsors. The answer is Yes. Sponsors are reading this board. They have handles just like all of us. In fact some have posted a few times. I only know this because I know the handle of one and received a PM from another so I know what their's is now.

Let me also say that I am aware of attempts to try and silence me as if I have done something wrong. I have done nothing wrong here and said nothing wrong. I am aware of attempts to try and gather the troops against Five-O but again what have I done? But yet I am the one who is said to be judging people? Hypocrites!! I think what some of you fail to understand, well let me reword that, you do understand but you dont like to hear it. Maybe Five-O has become the conscience of POG. Does that make me bad? While some of you try to rally the troops, I am prepared to continue to post just like everyone else and will offer incite when I am skilled in a subject, but when I see an inconsistent stance and negative tone, I will post as the conscience of POG. I see a bigger picture. I dont need support. I am a big enough man to stand alone.

I will not be able to make it to TN. Jon, since you want me there so bad maybe you can ask some of the members if they know me? Sure, you help with an oil leak, a nut here, a bolt here, a bad heater and I am glad you can help, as is the member. Sometimes members problems are much more than that. Sometimes the problems can be more than fixing a speeding ticket or getting out of a court date. Sometimes companies and people get into things where they are about to lose not only their bus but maybe their freedom. They dont call Jon for that. Some have called Five-O. Now not all will admit they know me(and that is by my choice for privacy purposes) but there are some who are big time posters here that did not hesitate to PM me right from the time they found out my profession. I would never get in a debate with you Jon about how to fix something as I admit I am ignorant to all of that. I think sometimes your know it all approach spills over into things you may not know. There is nothing wrong with saying someone else is right.

Five-O
03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Five-o until you came along my signature line was the crumbcatchers a word that was used by JPJ in an early post that I stole for us.

Then you mistakenly referred to us as crumbsnatchers and I laughed at that for a long long time, immediately changed our signature line and get a chuckle every time I look at it.

No problem Crotchsnatcher

Joe Cannarozzi
03-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I love you Five-O

Five-O
03-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Five-O, this forum is never going to measure up to your expectations. You sound like a well balanced intelligent individual, most of us aren't. Please follow the link below and you will feel much more at home.

http://www.prevostprouds.com/

Ted, reread before you post. I have never said what you are implying I am saying. You are saying that. Why would I leave? If you are not happy then maybe you should leave. Dont be hypocritical in approaching me. I will refer you to the recent post regarding the "mission statement" of this board. Maybe you should reread it. I think you are being influenced by those who for some reason see me as bad. Your Prevost Proud link is so childish and reeks of another member who loves to play that card when he doesnt know what to say. Think I am wrong for what I am saying? Go back and read from the time I have posted and tell me what I said wrong? Yet I get attacked when I have done nothing. Ask yourself is Five-O bad or is there a NEGATIVE undercurrent trying to put up a "good front" but "behind the scenes" is spreading wormwood about a gentleman that has done nothing.

Five-O
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I love you Five-O

Love you too Crackersnacker

Five-O
03-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Joe, maybe it was not a mistake. Oh wait, that tells you a little bit about my personality. I will save my "all time favorite" for when I meet you. Again, I love you too man:D

truk4u
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
OK Skiffer, it's time!;)

Five-O
03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Why? Has something wrong been said? Mr. Skiff your thoughts?

MangoMike
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Man,

This like watching Days of our Lives.

Good news is that it takes the focus off JDUB and I's antics.

mm

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
03-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Man,

This like watching Days of our Lives.

Good news is that it takes the focus off JDUB and I's antics.

mm

I know that today is Saturday, but is it Saturday Night LIVE???? Sandy:confused:

Jerry Winchester
03-08-2008, 06:09 PM
I go to the airport to wash the bus and a debate breaks out. If I was in the resturaunt business I would buy a new coach but I look at this coach stuff kinda like my goals when learning to play golf. My first goal was to just finish a round with the same number of balls. Then my goal was to finish with the SAME ball I started with. Now I want to shoot under 150.

My first goal was to just own a coach. Then I wanted an XL2. Now I want to grow up to be like Loc.

5-0, they get pissy with me every time diesel goes up because I am a simple oilfield worker. Crap, every time something happens to the Krakman's coach I get blamed for it. And it is usually Mango Mike's fault.

Did I say I can't wait to get to Tennessee? And Deb, we got some real cool stuff from Sting when Mike and I visited with him at Port Allen. I'll bring some with me to P5.

Loc
03-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Update on Sting:

I was at Millennium the week of Thanksgiving when Todd was picking up his new coach. I got the chance to meet him and to see his coach as he was taking delivery. He has an incredibly nice coach with a lot of real neat features that he designed into the coach. The interior is the nicest I have ever seen. The outside is okay. While JDUB would like the orange paint scheme, it is a bit hard for an Aggie to love. Nelson said that Todd had come up with a lot of special requests that were very unique and will likely be incorporated to some degree in future coaches (four or five inverters, backlit wall tile, TV in the slide-out, and a kid's bay among other things). Todd and I spent about four hours talking bus and looking at all the inventory on Millennium's lot. I was doing recon work for Bob-97-98-00-03-05 (you get the picture). I don't believe that Todd renewed his POG membership for this year and that is why we haven't seen him posting.

Todd and I have exchanged emails a couple of times over the last few months. I am trying to schedule a long weekend camping trip to Cajun Palms in Lafeyette with Todd. If we work it out I will let everyone know so they can attend if they are close.

Loc

rmboies
03-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Update on Sting:
wall tile, TV in the slide-out, and a kid's bay among other things). Todd and I spent about four hours talking bus and looking at all the inventory on Millennium's lot. I was doing recon work for Bob-97-98-00-03-05 (you get the picture). I don't believe that Todd renewed his POG membership for this year and that is why we haven't seen him posting.
Loc

Loc, I was hoping you would speak up about your visit with Todd but did you have to mention the words recon work for Bob???:D Are you bringing the eagle beagle to TN with Courtenay and the kids? Looking forward to seeing you all there, you are coming right?? JDUB has to have someone to follow;)

Debi

lewpopp
03-08-2008, 10:35 PM
By the way mr Five-0, All of the comments I make are representative of my thoughts and only my thoughts. None of the members of this forum feed me. I am as POSITIVE as I am NEGATIVE. You might call that AC/DC some places. I looked over my batteries that power my coach and ALL of them have positive and negagive posts. Nothing inbetween.

This is the perfect time to slide in the Practice of Mendacity. Keep it up!

garyde
03-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Crap, every time something happens to the Krakman's coach I get blamed for it. And it is usually Mango Mike's fault.

That was way too much fun Jerry........ oops, I mean Mango.:D

Loc
03-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Debi,

Unfortunately, the WonderBeagle will not make it to Tennessee. I wanted to see Bob-05 before it is just a memory. Something about work continuing to get in the way. However, with the market going like it is, it is possible that I may have lots of free time on my hands.

Loc

Johnny
03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Another "lurker" in South Florida full timing in a 98 Vogue.
Thanks
Beth and John

jimshoen
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Tuga,
Just a typo correction. Last name should read Shoen.
Jim

rmboies
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Debi,
Unfortunately, the WonderBeagle will not make it to Tennessee. I wanted to see Bob-05 before it is just a memory. Something about work continuing to get in the way. However, with the market going like it is, it is possible that I may have lots of free time on my hands.
Loc

Loc, this is unacceptable:D I thought you could have your home office in your bus? I sincerely hope things turn around and that you will be able to make TN and still not have lots of free time on your hands.....

Debi

rbeecher
03-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks
Beth and John

Welcome Beth and John, good to hear from another owner of one of the best conversions out there!

Keep posting and let us know if we can help you out at any time.

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 VOGUE XL 40 for sale

Five-O
03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks
Beth and John

Welcome Beth and John. You are indeed a longtime lurker(12/06)-lol. Hopefully your coming out will encourage more. With you coming out of the shadows makes this whole thread worth it. Thanks for stepping up and if you have any friends who are lurking also, please encourage them to post. Again, WELCOME!!!!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I am trying to schedule a long weekend camping trip to Cajun Palms in Lafeyette with Todd. If we work it out I will let everyone know so they can attend if they are close. Loc

Loc, call me before you head over to Cajun Palms for the weekend. :o

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-09-2008, 08:10 PM
:confused:Five-0, would you please correct your Signature Line? Every time I read one of your posts, I get confused about what your driving. I am guessing it should read 2008 Marathon XLII ? :confused:

Just so we all know, the facts... Thanks:)

Five-O
03-09-2008, 08:15 PM
:confused:Five-0, would you please correct your Signature Line? Every time I read one of your posts, I get confused about what your driving. I am guessing it should read 2008 Marathon XLII ? :confused:

Just so we all know, the facts... Thanks:)

Will do Gary. I guess I always just used the XL or H terms. By the way I really like the paint job on your American. I remember about 4 years ago at Buddy Gregg's when he used to sell them how nice they were. I thought they were as nice as any conversion. I think you found a real gem.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks 5-0 for the compliment.

As LOC says, Peg and I still have to turn sideways to get in the bus door, cause of the wide grins on our faces. ;)

Jerry Winchester
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Gary,

LOC has to turn sideways because when he is loading the world's largest Beagle, the only way he can get up the steps is sideways.

I keep after him about installing a ramp, but he says he wants to keep those "XL forearms" that he got from polishing around all those rivets, so he still totes the round mound of hound.

Loc
03-10-2008, 04:01 AM
JDUB, you must be bored if you are picking on the WonderBeagle. Did you get to park next to Hannah Montana yesterday at the Rodeo or did they run you off because of that OSU license plate on the back of the Deuce? Remember I tried to fix that for you. Its a nice afternoon in Tokyo, but I haven't seen a single Prevost.

Jerry Winchester
03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Well I did park next to Reliant Stadium, but on the west side. And there were 70,000 snapperhead girls pouring into the arena, so I was glad to not be among them.

Then I figured out what a mistake it was to take the bus. All the soccer moms were convinced it was Hanna Montana's tour bus and I had to defend it like the Alamo.

When we stopped for dinner on the way home, I didn't get the brakes set before there were people standing at the front door. I had to swear that Miley Cyrus was not in the coach and that it was not her coach before they would leave. Then my daughter came out with a Hanna Montana shirt on and the whole thing started again.

All in all, I wouldn't do it again.

rfoster
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Loc: You are in where? Tokyo? did I hear that AIG almost lost more than the first year's depreciation on a Liberty Coach?

If you are over there getting more money, get me some too.

Loc
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Roger,

You are right. It has been a tough third quarter and year end for the hometeam. Unfortunately, the losses/write-offs have been just slightly more than all the first year depreciation on every Liberty ever made and we probably could add all the Marathons to that as well. I am over in Tokyo and Seoul for meetings this week with our investment teams and the usual investment banks. I am dialing for dollars and will pass some on if it works out.

Loc