PDA

View Full Version : Air Leak in Seat

dale farley
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
When I push the button to raise the driver's seat, it goes up. Unfortunately, it leaks back down about as fast as it went up. I think Truk had a similar problem. It sounds like the air is leaking from the row of switches. Any suggestions as where to start would be appreciated.

billbunch47
03-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Dale, had the same thing happen on a CC Afinity was a bad valve, tried cleaning messing with all to no avale. There is a fix although it hurts, the part is avaliable from Prevost, the part # is 861096 looking at the bill from Prevost parts. Good news is easy to get, Bad news is it cost 150.23 for 4 little plastic valves some hoses and a real pretty plastic cover, Sorry about that, Bill.

dale farley
03-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks Bill. Sounds discouragingly encouraging.

truk4u
03-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Dale,

Fear not my man, I have a few extra switches! I'll check today and see if I have the one for up and down.

rfoster
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Dale: I had the same problem except mine was a slow leak. Caused the aux air compressor to cycle on about every 30 to 40 minutes. After I found the leak and learned the cost of the replacement valves, I taped the hose into a no leak position. The seat still works fine just no bolsters.

You gotta be tuff to drive a bus.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Dale, sometimes good air leaking inside the seat is a good thing:eek:

Orren Zook
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I had a cut in the nylon tubing to my ISRI control valve - take a look there too. It was difficult to pinpoint because the air was only supplied to the valve while the ignition key was in the on position and the leak was small enough that when the engine was running it was difficult to hear.

dale farley
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
My leak is definitely in my UP/Down switch. I ordered an air dryer cartridge from Prevost this morning, so I just had them send the seat switch too.

truk4u
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Mine were free!

dale farley
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Tom, I had much rather had the free one. I didn't see you on the forum last night, so I decided you must be out of touch for some reason. My loss. Thanks anyway.

ronwalker
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Dale, I had the same problem with the same air valve. It was hard to see the hairline crack. The leak was strong enough to blow my soapy water away, but I found it with an Xacto knife, put cuts in the plastic for the JB Weld to grab onto and liberally spread the JB on. 'Worked for me. The leak stopped completely. The seat rarely needs adjusting now. I figure I've paid for a lifetime supply of JB Weld in the savings on just one job. :D

My photos showed only a glob of JB Weld.

Ron