PDA

View Full Version : Millenium across the border.

lewpopp
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I happened to talk to a resident of our resort who is from Quebec. He has plans on getting a new coach and I told him it only makes sense for him to get a Prevost cuz he'll never have to replace it. He asked me what were the best converters and he mentioned Marathon and Liberty. I added that Millenium is a very good coach and is up and coming on strong. He said he couldn't take a Millenium across the border. I told him he was wrong. He said it had something to do with "payola" that they won't pay.

He insisted he knew what he was talking about and it was time for me to discontinue the verbal intercourse before I got myself in trouble.

What do you guys think?

garyde
03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi Lew. If he is refering to federal and State Vehicle codes and requiremants , Millenium meets all of those requirements I'm sure. I'm sure Canada reciprocates all vehicle requirements we have here in the States.
Now if he is refering to some other License requirement which Millenium and others may not have then he should be able to cite it.
Quebec is where Prevost is having their huge 2008 400 year Quebec Rally this summer. July 7-10. I can't imagine any convertor would not be welcome.

lloyd&pamela
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
He might be totally correct. A call to Canadian Import Vehicle Registration office would get teh official answer. It does not matter if the coach passes every US test. Canada requires all new coaches to be test again under there standards and some of the companies have opted not to do that. Coaches 15 years older or more are exempt.

The following file list all vehicle allowed for import into Canada: http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/VAFUS/list/VAFUS.pdf

rmboies
03-05-2008, 08:19 AM
I happened to talk to a resident of our resort who is from Quebec. He has plans on getting a new coach and I told him it only makes sense for him to get a Prevost cuz he'll never have to replace it. He asked me what were the best converters and he mentioned Marathon and Liberty. I added that Millenium is a very good coach and is up and coming on strong. He said he couldn't take a Millenium across the border. What do you guys think?

Lew, you can take a Millennium into Canada while on vacation or for a visit, but that's all. Evidently, they have never completed the appropriate paperwork and inspection process needed by each convertor in order for their coach to be legally registered to owners at their residence in Canada. So, this time it was best that you walked away on this one:D I am sure you will find this with other convertors as well, particularly the smaller ones.

Debi

truk4u
03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Lew,

Did you mention Parliament? They may have done their thing in Canada also.

VegasDogMan
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Canadian friend of mine just bought 2008 DS XLII 45 being converted in Texas by Texas Custom Coach. http://www.texascustomcoach.com/index_main.htm

Converter has to jump through all kinds of hoops to meet Canadian Import requirements.

Part of the deal between Buyer and Converter is the converter has to deliver coach in Canada.

Jerry Winchester
03-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Does anyone on this forum own one of these Texas Custom Coaches?