PDA

View Full Version : RV Resort west of Columbus Ohio??

rmboies
03-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a decent RV resort west of Columbus Ohio? We may be attending a horse show in that area in June (can you hear Bob groaning?:D) and the fairgrounds a the Champion Center in Springfield, Ohio only has 30 amp power. Big Rigs lists a couple campsites but both are over an hour away. I was hoping that someone here will have a suggestion other then dry camping for a week:eek:

Thanks,
Debi

tdelorme
03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Debi, can't help with a place to stay, but we have used one of these "cheaters" with good success. Most pedestals with 30 amp. will also have a separate 20 amp circuit and this will give you 50 amps.

http://www.progressiveindustries.net/ADT230.asp

garyde
03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
That is partially correct Ted. I believe you will recieve 30 amps on Phase A, and 20 Amps on Phase B of your 50 amp ,240volt plug. Additionally, if the 20 amp recepticle is on the same Phase as the 30 Amp recepticle in the Pedestal, you will only have 120 volt to your 50 amp, 240 volt plug. What this means basically is 1. You will not be able to use any 240 volt appliances, and 2. Your inverters may trip the 20 amp circuit if you are in charge mode while attempting to use otherloads.

Five-O
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Any pics of the Millennium yet?

Joe Cannarozzi
03-02-2008, 09:52 PM
We have that same cheater.

There is actually two 30's leading from it with a 30 to 20 amp adapter attached to one of them that can be put on either or allowing a little flexibility.

It has served us well MANY times.

tdelorme
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Gary, you are right. Still, we have been able to run two Cruise Airs with this setup and no inverter problems.
Joe, right, the cheater has two 30 amp. plugs and several times I have plugged into two 30 amp receptacles. Other times a 30 and a 20. But what Gary is saying has me wondering if I'm asking for trouble using this thing. Progressive is the same company that makes the high dollar voltage checker Mango recommends. I'm on my third one of those but Progressive has replaced them each time under the one year warranty deal. What I need to do is plug in the cheater, then plug in the checker to the cheater and see what the reading for each leg is. That being said, I will now go several years and never need the cheater.
Thread creep, sorry, Debi. You all get busy and find these good folks a nice camping spot.

rmboies
03-03-2008, 08:36 AM
what the reading for each leg is. That being said, I will now go several years and never need the cheater.
Thread creep, sorry, Debi. You all get busy and find these good folks a nice camping spot.

Ted, no problem, thread creeps can be beneficial! Bob does not want to use a "cheater" so that is out of the equation. Gary stated some of the reasons why and they are concerns. We'll just keep looking for someplace other then Wal-mart!

Five-O, no new pics yet. The coach is still in Florida having some design changes made. It has taken them much longer then originally planned but that's ok.....it needs to be done properly and Doug will see to it! I just hope we are able to pick it up soon so we can clean, polish, and pack in time for Sevierville! Last year, we got the '03 two weeks before leaving for the Kerrville rally and that was a bit of a rush--I can do without that kind of pressure again;)

Debi

Five-O
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Is Doug the one that puts slides in? Sounds like you are making some big time changes if it is taking them awhile. I love the Millennium interiors.

rmboies
03-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Is Doug the one that puts slides in? Sounds like you are making some big time changes if it is taking them awhile. I love the Millennium interiors.

Yes, Doug does put slides in but our coach already has two:D We are really not having big time changes done but it does take a while to order in materials, etc. and we are not the only coach Doug is working on. We should have it within the next couple of weeks I hope! I agree, Millennium interiors are gorgeous!

Debi

GDeen
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, Doug does put slides in but our coach already has two:D We are really not having big time changes done but it does take a while to order in materials, etc. and we are not the only coach Doug is working on. We should have it within the next couple of weeks I hope! I agree, Millennium interiors are gorgeous!

Debi

I am jealous!!!:)