PDA

View Full Version : Breaker for Curb Lights

dale farley
03-01-2008, 10:34 PM
None of my left curb lights are working, and I have not yet found which breaker they run through. Does anyone know which breaker this is and where it is located?

garyde
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi Dale. Docking lights are controlled by a switch on the dash, as well as your turn signal n my Liberty. Breaker located on drivers side access door. Now if your refering to Bay and door lights, it might be with fuses in your fuse bay.

dale farley
03-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Gary, These are the same as your docking lights. Country Coach calls them curb lights. There are 5 clear ones on each side, with a switch over the driver and one in the bay. My right bank is working, but none of the left. I have looked in the access door under the driver and in my other bank of fuses, but I haven't found the right one.

Denny
03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Dale,

Try taking one of the lens covers off and wiggle the bulb to see if it lights. I had the same problem and got them to work by twisting, turning and wiggling the bulbs. At that point I stopped looking for a fuse.

Denny

dale farley
03-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Denny,

I changed the bulbs and wiggled them, with no results. I checked the contacts with a meter and had no voltage.

Judi Brown
03-02-2008, 06:51 AM
HI Gary
We had same problem on our liberty
On drivers side is fuse panel , you see fuse panel pull open and there is another row of fuses behind it and that breaker was tripped. We drove home with know signal lights and guy on another board named ace told my husband
about this and that was the problem.
JB

Jon Wehrenberg
03-02-2008, 07:05 AM
I think there is confusion as to which lights they are.

If it is the two spotlights on the side, as Gary points out they are "Cornering" or "Docking" lights in Prevost speak. Check the switch Dale.

If they are the 1970 vintage Chevy pickup lights with the clear lens, they are "Cargo" lights in Liberty speak. That's a house issue and could be fused in the house electric panel.

If it is the side marker lights that come on with headlights or parking lights they are Prevost and since only one side is out that is either a CB, or more likely a terminal for the feed on that circuit.

dale farley
03-02-2008, 08:17 AM
The lights I am referring to are not driving lights of any kind. These are the clear lights that are on the bay doors. I've attached a couple pictures. Lighting is not too good, but I think everyone will get the idea.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Just a guess but do you think that is is nessessary to fuse each side seperatly? I do not. The control switches on ours are split left and right but there is only one hot lead going to it. I think you will find a bad connection someplace, or a bad switch for that side.

dale farley
03-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Joe,

I am assuming there are two different breakers/fuses because there are a total of 6 lights on each side and they are pretty hot bulbs. There are two switches for each side, but neither of them turn on the left bank of lights. I must be missing something, but I have not found any breaker so far. I am replacing the bulbs with sone that are about half the wattage of the existing ones. The original bulbs tend to burn the terminals they get so hot.

truk4u
03-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Dale,

Mine has separate switches for left and right side as well as rear. Each button is controlled by the boards in the ECC. Your not going to find a fuse anywhere else except in that cabinet. The ECC is that big scary cabinet in the 1st bay. Remove the plexiglass and check all the fuses, there are about 30 or 40 of them. If none of the fuses are blown, you have to open the cabinet and look on the back of the mother board for the corresponding wire number. At that wire number there is a manual mini switch that serves the same function as your button. There is also a little red light. When the switch on the dash is pushed, it illuminates that light. If not, you can press the mini switch to verify the little red light comes on and the curb lights work. If it works with the manual switch and not with the dash button, you have a daughter board problem. Daughter boards are the vertical boards attached to the big mother board. If you only have one button for the lights, there should be two wires at the board, left lights and right lights.

You have to remember with the CC, everything goes to or through that ECC and for the most part, that's where all the fuses are located. There are other fuses for the digital dash and I can scare you later with that.:p

If you don't have the wire numbers in your electrical drawing, let me know and I can give you the number.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
When you say 2 switches do you mean 1 for one side and one for the other?

Pull the switch plate and start looking around with a circuit tester in there that is where I would start. Those bulbs are probably 1156's and 8 on a circuit is not too much IMO.

dale farley
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Tom, I looked at every board in the ECC a few days ago and didn't find one that I could identify as the one for the curb lights. I will do this again since you are telling me that is where it has to be.

Joe, There are two switches for each bank of lights. I can turn on either the left side from a group of switches over the driver, or I can turn them on from the 1st bay.

Darl-Wilson
03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Dale, I am almost sure Truk is right about those lights being being in the ECC in the 1st bay. My CC has the house electric fused in there. As Tom wrote, look for the little LED type lights at every connection which is easier than checking each fuse. If the light is out you will likely need a new fuse. I was sent to this location to find the fuse for my toilet and solved that problem and also found 3 other failed fuses.

I have the switches for my white side lights above the drivers seat, on the passenger side next to the door, in two bays, and in the bedroom. I doubt that it is the switch but the fuse as directed by Tom. Good Luck!

dale farley
03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I am going to go back through each board on the ECC panel when I get a chance. I did find one blown fuse the last time I looked there, but it wasn't the curb lights.

JIM KELLER
03-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Dale, Does the curb light switch in the back bedroom turn the curb lights on ?

dreamchasers
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Dale,

I am interested in the outcome of the curb lights, because my Country Coach also has the left and right curb light feature. I have the Country Coach Recreational Vehicle Service Manual, brown binder, with references to the cards in the ECC, Electronic Control Cabinet. However, enough detail does not exist to determine which card output serves what function.

However, in the wire number identification section, wire #257D, red, 'V+ to drivers side curb lights' and #257P, red, 'V+ to passengers side curb lights' are the references given. Hope this helps.

Let us know the resolution, please.

Hector

dale farley
03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Jim K., None of my switches work for the left side, that's why I am assuming/hoping it is something simple like a fuse.

Hector, I too have looked through the brown binder and did not see a page that addressed the curb lights. Thanks for the info on the wires. I have checked the volatage at the lights and there is none, so I know it isn't just a bulb or connection problem.

My coach is in Alabama at the present, so it will be a day or two before I get over there. I will let everyone know what I find. I do hope it is just a fuse that I am overlooking in the ECC.

Gil_J
08-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Dale,

What was the resolution to this problem? It's back.

dale farley
08-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Gil,

I have re-read this thread trying to remember the resolution to the problem. I can't believe I didn't post it. I also looked through all the maintenance logs, and I don't see any mention there, so I assume I did not buy any components to resolve the issue. Although I can't remember, I think it was something to do with one of the switches or it was a fuse on the front side of the ECC. I know I did not open the ECC and check anything on the back side. I would also make sure I had a good ground on that left side. Sorry I can't recall the resolution.

Gil_J
08-29-2013, 07:28 PM
I can't remember like I use to either. ECC fuse good, none of the 3 switches will toggle from yellow to green, the green LED on the ECC card is lit.

dale farley
08-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Gil, Make sure there is a good ground feeding the lights. It seems like there may have been a corroded ground somewhere in the loop.

JIM KELLER
08-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Gil, I have nothing on this one. And, I have been thinking !

JIM KELLER
08-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Still thinking... In Ga. on our way to N.C. or I would be over to help.

Gil_J
08-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Jim, have a safe trip to NC. Are the brake lights still working correctly?

JIM KELLER
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Jim, have a safe trip to NC. Are the brake lights still working correctly?

Yes they are, and thank you. When I get the front cargo bay cleaned out I will look at my left side curb light configuration.

JIM KELLER
08-30-2013, 03:40 PM
My curb lights are on card 8. Left relay is above the right relay. I can hear both relays click. Your left side is probably silent because like you said they won't toggle from amber to red. I watched Miles repair a problem like this one time on a card. The red terminal connector from the card to the board was not completely engaged. Looked like it was on far enough but one of the female ends was pushed back into the clip.

This is all I got.

Gil_J
08-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jim. I already removed and replaced the card. Hopefully, the connector was and is securely seated.