PDA

View Full Version : Posters -- We've got your number !!

Ray Davis
03-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I didn't realize you could sort the members list by # of posts. To see the largest posters in descending order ....

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

Jon, in between polishing those slack adjusters, you are doing a mighty amount of posting!

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Nobody should be worrying about me. What I am concerned about is the 170 members who have never posted.

I am sure they have something to say, some knowledge to share, or some stories to tell.

C'mon you shy gals and guys.....even if all you do tell us a little about yourselves, your coach and the password to your bank accounts we will be happy.

henryhighwood
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Work keeps getting in the way of looking for the right coach, but the time to slow down at work is beginning to rise on the horizon.
I guess meanwhile... we should see more posting after this thread.

Five-O
03-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Jim appears to be the Boise State or Hawaii of this group. He is about to crash the top 10 with a few more cheap posts (equivalent to a win over a weak BCS school). Before you know it the acronym (POG) will have to change to WBPOG (Wanna Be Pog Owners Group). Come on Jim, you are about to hit 1000 posts. After that many its time to step up to the plate. There are some deals out there for sure, new and used. How did you let that American Coach slip by you that Gary bought. You would not have had to travel far from it. That looks like a nice bus and I always thought American made a nice product. Come on Jim stop playing those little schools and get that RPI up there. Its time to play with Oklahoma State(Winchester), LSU(Tuga), Ohio State(Debi if I read right), Florida(boys from Gatorland), USC(California Crew) and lets not forget the Big Orange from Rocky Top Tennessee. Mango I think you could get some coaches votes if you could start another PRETTY thread like I have seen in the archives and close in on Jon. She doesnt have to work for you. Just lie we will never know the difference. Jerry I love the OSU fanware. So Jim if there will be no bus soon, then give us a PRETTY post. ;)

garyde
03-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok Ray, (Satellite boy), I can tell there is more to this site than I will ever figure out, but how'd you do that?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Ray,

Do you own a pocket saver?

Ray Davis
03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Pocketsaver. No, but I did have a huge calculator which used to hang on my belt in college! Right after I ditched my slide rule.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Pocketsaver. No, but I did have a huge calculator which used to hang on my belt in college! Right after I ditched my slide rule.

Ray, how long did it take to pitch the slide rule after you replaced it, or do you still have it?

JIM KELLER
03-03-2008, 07:30 AM
When I read this Thread I wonder about all the people that posted once or twice and stopped. Why ? Did they not feel welcome ? Did they have trouble understanding the Site ? Did they sell the Bus ? Certainly they didn't stop having mechanical and electrical issues. How about a member survey card that could be mailed to them asking for a response. Like a business wanting to know about their customers.

Jerry Winchester
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Jim,

Having wondered that myself, I have to think a deal like this is either something you really take to and wade off in the middle of or you are just content to sit on the side and watch the show.

I think it also helps if you are computer literate and can type pretty good. I type everyday and have done so for the last 30 years, so it only takes me a few seconds to post. And I am sure you can tell by the quality. Maybe I should take some more time and think about what I am typing?

But I also think there is some fear involved. And unless you are pretty thick skinned, posting off on some controversial subject can sometimes rain crap down on you and that is never good. Almost all of the folks I hammer I know personally. Or at least they have an electronic "Kick Me" sign on them and I feel free to oblige.

And there is also an art to composing e-mail that actually sounds like what you are thinking and doesn't turn out evil or stupid.

I am of the school that you can never have too many friends and I would like to see more of the lurkers posting, but hey I lurk on several other boards because I like the info and don't really have anything to add (which didn't seem to stop me on this board, but originally there were just a few of us on here and it was more like an evil boys club than a forum). I cringe that there are folks actually reading those posts from the first year. I think there were lots of farting comments.

And the best part was, that even after all the harassment, when we had POG 1 and I actually got to meet everyone (all 12 of us) I found out I really liked these guys. Well most of them. Several we never saw again but we have shared some great times with the rest. And the new guys as well. Well most of the new guys.....

Just kidding.

JDUB

Jon Wehrenberg
03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I have expressed concern in the past about our take-no-prisoners ball breaking. What is a perfectly good and harsh response to someone we know is going to hand it right back is likely to scare people that do not know our band of misfits and inmates.

I also believe some folks are afraid to ask a question or post a comment for fear it may make them appear dumb. To those folks, never worry about what others think. There is not a Prevost owner or wannabe that started out knowing it all. And the more we know, the more we realize there is to know.

Once your name is out there in POG land, and you begin interacting with the folks here, all of a sudden you have a bunch of folks that want to help you, meet you, and treat you like a friend. Kind of the people's version of the mutual sniffing that dogs do. I am sure Jerry has a Texas word for that.

The single biggest thing lurkers miss is understanding that help for any issue they might have is a phone call, and email or a post away. If you are afraid, send people a PM.

JIM KELLER
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
For the lurkers, PM = Private Message, located in the top right of your screen. It took me months to figure this out at the begining !

Darl-Wilson
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Just a little reminder.

POG Mission Statement

The Prevost Owner's Group (POG) is an open group dedicated to sharing in-depth information 24/7 on the internet, and at occasional rallies. Anyone who has an interest in the Prevost ownership experience is welcome to join, current owner or not. Members are people who are interested in learning more about Prevost ownership, lifestyle, mechanics, finances; the entire range of topics essential to full enjoyment of a Prevost coach.:)

garyde
03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I wandered into this group by accident in 06 prior to buying my Coach. It was confusing, funny, interesting, informative, and helpful. Nothing as changed.

Darl-Wilson
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Gary, that is exactly how I joined and have never regretted the decision. Thankfully no one chided me for not having a coach (of course I was doing a lot of lurking at the time) or I might have found someplace else to hang out. Some of the folks that don't yet have a coach have contributed much to this 'disorganization'.

I thoroughly enjoy the antics and ribbing that goes on among the members in addition the helpful attitude of everyone. What I don't enjoy is personal attacks, whether it is against me or another person. Rather than doing that myself I posted the POG Mission Statement as a reminder that "can't we all just get along?":confused:

MangoMike
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
What I don't enjoy is personal attacks, whether it is against me or another person. Rather than doing that myself I posted the POG Mission Statement as a reminder that "can't we all just get along?":confused:

Trukman I hope you follow Darl's lead here.

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Darl,

There's a few guys around here that we need to slap around once in a while. Can you re-think that personal attack thing?

truk4u
03-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Who got attacked, I must have missed something?

A-1 - Chinese tire buyer and Hillary supporter

Mango - Cruel shocking jokes on POG buddies wife

Jdub - Bribed Mildred to steal the Bling Award (and lost)

Jeep - Oversized tires on his Jeep to make up for other SHORT items

I could go on, but hey, can't we all get along...:D

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Truk....

Incoming:

Bite me! A$$hole!

You may take that as a personal attack.

Darl-Wilson
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Love you guys!! Now who's missing in action?

It's 'Rethunk Jon!! Sometimes it just doesn't pay to support

my pal Jim C.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes it does Darl.

Jim has led me to sources for things that I've looked for without success by posting them up, countless times.

On the day we were handed the keys to ours either all the planets were lined up perfectly or it was simply by the grace of God. Deb and I consider ourselves blessed to be able to have ours.

I doubt the absence of a camper in his driveway is from a lack of desire.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey...at this point we are all allowed to pick in Jim C. Especially because he hasn't pulled the trigger on a purchase.

But we can pick on him because he is part of this family. If anybody else picks on him, they have to deal with us first.

truk4u
03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Jim,

You buy your bus when and if your ready! In the mean time, you can join me at the skeet shoot anytime.;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Teasing has become the accepted norm among the friends who have come together to form a bond in POG.
We love each other and anticipate the teasing, and occasionally encourage it.
Strangers that don't fit, and continually try to disrupt and undermine that friendship in an attempt to destroy POG will not be acknowledged.
All others are welcome with open arms.

MangoMike
03-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Jim,

Take no prisoners.

Jerry Winchester
03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Tom = Rodney King

You cheap shot artist. I was still trying to figure out how to repack the grease in the muffler bearings when you called in the first airstrike on a simple oilfield hand who was trying to get by with a vintage coach and some borrowed rig diesel.

If I had a LewBuck for all the alligator tears I have cried since I joined this forum I would be riding around in the regal Millennium rather than the old digger low-life Marathon.

Jon, we just call that "butt sniffin" here in the hinterland.

Okay, I feel better. Let the floggings begin anew.

Five-O
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Teasing has become the accepted norm among the friends who have come together to form a bond in POG.
We love each other and anticipate the teasing, and occasionally encourage it.
Strangers that don't fit, and continually try to disrupt and undermine that friendship in an attempt to destroy POG will not be acknowledged.
All others are welcome with open arms.

Jim that goes against what Darl-Wilson posted......

Just a little reminder.

POG Mission Statement

The Prevost Owner's Group (POG) is an open group dedicated to sharing in-depth information 24/7 on the internet, and at occasional rallies. Anyone who has an interest in the Prevost ownership experience is welcome to join, current owner or not. Members are people who are interested in learning more about Prevost ownership, lifestyle, mechanics, finances; the entire range of topics essential to full enjoyment of a Prevost coach.

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow! Guys, I started this thread with a little forum trick to show the top forum posters in descending order. I certainly didn't intend that it turn into a war here.

I even posted it in the sub-forum "On the Lighter Side ...". Any chance that we go back to something a little less quarrelsome, like helping me decide which tire monitor to purchase?! :)

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Ray, take my advice for what it is worth, which isn't much on this topic.

I opt for the internal sensors unless a second valve stem is added to the wheel and that stem is a straight one, and dedicated exclusively for the sensor. That leaves the regular stems for filling only, and with the short, straight stem dedicated to the sensor there iwll be no fatigue related problems with a stem, there will be no need to ever remove the sensor except for battery failure, and once the sensor is on and leak tested there should never be any problems with the seal.

YMMV.

With Dale's post about an inner drive tire failing and taking out an air bag, and evidence I have seen on another coach of damage likely caused by a failed tire I am beginning to reconsider the use of tire pressure monitoring. Having had a blowout on a toad once (I heard it and got stopped immediately) that is my biggest fear, because I know for a fact you can tow a vehicle a long ways with a tire problem and never know the problem exists. I would want a toad equipped with sensors also.

dalej
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I have always wondered why my outside driver valve stem is bent at a 90 and then heads back toward the center of the duals. I would think a little short stem, straight out would work much better.

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I was going to contacts Pete's tire service today, and ask them what it would cost to put in secondary stems for the purpose of a monitor.

I like the looks of the new Doran unit (not pressure pro, but the RV 360). The owners manual shows it to be very configurable, where some of the older units aren't quite.

One question, would adding an extra stem (and sensor @ .7 oz) mean I should rebalance the tires?

Also, can these valve based systems work with tires which have equal in them?

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Dale,

Straight out for a valve stem used for filling might not work if you want to use a dual foot fill chuck. I don't believe you can get it between the stem and the hub cap.

All of mine are bent and with the combination fill / pressure gauge valve I use (that I got at Wal-Mart) filling is easy.

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I have always wondered why my outside driver valve stem is bent at a 90 and then heads back toward the center of the duals. I would think a little short stem, straight out would work much better.

I have been told (but not certain), that this practice was done on trucks so that the outer dually could be reversed and put on the inside. I think on our buses where we're not going to rotate the inner/outer dually, that aiming the stem out or up would be perfectly reasonable.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Ray,

I do not use weights, but Equal in my tires. If I were to add a second stem, whatever imbalance that creates would be dealt with by the Equal. If you are adding them to the drive wheels locate the added stems 180 degrees apart and they should not make any difference.

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
So, a final clarfication. If you were doing the dual-stem approach, would you install the extra stem on all wheels, or just the drives, or just the inner drive?

Probably from an ease-of-use standpoint it would be easier to have extra stems on all wheels, as you'd never have to pull off the sensor to fill, even if it were easily accessible? Also, I guess less chance of a leak when re-installing.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Ray, I would add a second stem, a straight short one on all wheels including the tag and steer. Obviously that would put the sensor on the back side of the wheel, accessbile only from under the coach, but if you only have to change sensors every 4 or five years that does not pose a problem.

With respect to your comment about reversing the wheels that is correct. You can get away with putting the outer drive valve stem in another position if you feel it facilitates filling, but why? A dual foot air chuck can be used with no more effort than filling a tag or steer.

dalej
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I use the dual chuck for filling. I just don't like removing the little caps. Mine come out right inside the wheel holes. It's a thumb and one finger job and when it's cold I hate the thought of dropping the little thing.

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
You should get the caps that you can fill through. I've had those on both of my buses, and they are great. They add an extra seal, but you can fill right through them.

Denny
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I recently had a slow leak on a tag axle, the tire gods were showing me mercy since it is usually the inner dual that has a problem, and it was a bad seal on the valve stem where it seals around the wheel not the core. More holes in the wheels for additional valve stems simply mean more chances of failure and problems. To me, there are enough existing problem areas on a tire and wheel assembly without adding more.

Go with the SmarTire system mounted internally and you don't have to worry about straight stem, bent stems, drilling holes, etc. I have used SmarTire on previously owned coaches and had it installed on my Prevost when I purchased it without any regrets.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Dale, use the caps that are a double seal and that you can air up the tires without removing them.

I'll give you 8 in Sevierville if you remind me.

dalej
03-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh Jon........I'll remind you, but let me know how much they are because I want to pay for them. That's nice of you to bring them.

garyde
03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm wondering if you have a T section for the Tire sensor, when you put air in the Tire, will that possibly damage the sensor?

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Dale,

I saw these at the FMCA show. I almost sprung for a bunch of new ones. They were $1.00 each! That's the cheapest thing on my bus ...

Jon Wehrenberg
03-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Dale,

I bought a bag full of them a while back They were pennies apiece.

No money. Just wax my bus.