PDA

View Full Version : No power to the CC ac switches on drivers panel

lloyd&pamela
02-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I am now the proud owner of a 1991 Country Coach.

The Prevost and CC ac were both low on freon when I took them (100+). But the the blowers and fan speed were working. We replaced the house batteries with new AGM and were delayed several days waiting for the racks to be cleaned and painted.

They are not able to get power to the ac panel over the driver (three main ac switches and to heater switches and are not able to get the ac clutch or fan to work now on the main consoul to the right of the drivers legs. These worked originally before the service.

CC seems to have tied the dash air in with their system. Both were low on freon when I arrived but the fan did work.

Note: The mechanic was removing the 36 relay over the engine (ac compressor clutch) last night, forgetig the house batteries were still on and caused an arc with his screw driver. Ever since they cannot get power to the dash air controls. They cannot find the CC master 12 volt fuse box. It seems to be fused with the prevost one.

They thought the problem was that the house batteries were out because they were painting the battery rack.

But the above is the status after we installed the new AGM batteries.

I finally stopped them them last night with this being the only think left. It was going no where.

We have only electric heat and roof air (cool only) to travel with.

A diapoointing end to what was going so well.

It is mine now so we will have to deal with it.

They are going to have a prevost tech look at it this morning. I am flying out to Chicago today but will be checking my email.

Do you have any thoughts from any CC owners. Thanks

lloyd&pamela
02-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Also:

They did an air service
Replaced the Prevost ac compressor
Inspected and recharged and prevost ac
need to charge the CC ac but can not get power to the compressor now.

Something happened between the time they did the inspection and now.

thanks

lloyd&pamela
02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Also:

All in all I had a great experience at Mira Loma:

Great people.
Learned a wealth of information and experience.
Got all the other things fixed and serviced.

It is a great coach and beside this issue is in great condition. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Just Plain Jeff
02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Lloyd: What you have here are multiple problems by what appear to be inexperienced techs. You do have a nice camper and it needs to be put in the hands of someone who knows their stuff well. Learning is good but it shouldn't be on your dollar. One tidbit is that your chassis A/C is likely a York compressor which has a very long line between the compressor and condenser units. They typically go bad very quickly and the compressors need to be checked out as well. The electrical side is an entirely different matter, especially since the work on it has made it worse. Time to find another guy.

Ray Davis
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
If you're 91 was anything like my '93 Country Coach, the A/C is controlled by an A/C control board, located on the mother-board in your first bay. I had issues with mine, and was only able to get things working by using Nick Hessler, now of Centurion Systems up in Oregon. Nick has the ability to troubleshoot and repair those boards if necessary. That's the good news. The bad news is there are no replacement boards availabe IFF this is the problem.

You've indicated you thought it was working before, so hopefully something has been tripped by the arc'ing you mentioned.

If you don't make any forward progress, contact Nick. His email and phone are on the front page of POG where the sponsors are listed.

Ray

BrianE
02-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Lloyd,

It was great meeting you at Pomona. We visited Prevost Mira Loma this morning for our headlight issue and had a chance to look at your new bus. It's a beauty (at least from the outside). Suggest you contact Marc when you return and ask him if you could speak with the retired manager, Don Arlett. Don helped me with my dash air problems, saved me a ton of money and really knows his stuff. Maybe he would be willing to give you some pointers. Otherwise, I agree with both Ray and Jeff. Nick by the way, can be very helpful on the phone.

Ray Davis
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I just spoke with Lloyd. Luckily (I think), it appears his coach is pre mother-board, which is hopefully easier to diagnose and fix. Evidently he does have an A/C controller board, located somewhere hidden in one of the bays.

lloyd&pamela
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks all. I contacted Nick and he will talk me through things when I return Friday. Hopefully it will be a simple breaker or relay. Thank you,
Lloyd

garyde
02-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Lloyd. Now it begins. This is when your investment of one hundred bucks kicks in. Congrads on the Coach, it was great to meet you, and hope to see you again. :D