PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Drawings

dreamchasers
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I am attempting to contact Country Coach technical support to get electrical drawings for my coach. My success with Country Coach technical support is described as 'marginal' at best. Getting a return telephone call is truly an effort.

Would any Country Coach owners have a set of electrical drawings pertaining to modifications made by Country Coach. I have drawing for the CCI controller in the basement(Willing to trade data). I am particularly interested in the dash wiring. Upon inspection today, I noticed a wire hanging loose, unattached to anything with a number 184 attached to it. I am troubleshooting an intermittent 'parking brake light' issue. When I set the parking brake, the dash light, 'parking light', will intermittently light. As many may remember, I was inquiring how to initiate 'fast idle', well the fast idle functions from the 'resume' button only when the 'parking brake light' is on. It is quite a maze of wiring and a set of wiring schematics would assist. I am willing to pay for a complete set.

Country Coach #60242

Hector

Ray Davis
02-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Contact Nick Hessler of Centurion. He'll tell you exactly what the #184 wire (or any other number) is for.

His email is listed on the sponsors page. He probably worked on your coach when it was being built!

Ray

dreamchasers
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Ray,

I just got off of the telephone with Nick. He is a very nice guy! He has plenty of data and will work the issue Monday.

Thanks for the idea!

Hector

dalej
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Hector,

I had the same issue on ours. It was the pressure switch. If you look at the park brake switch, behind the panel, you'll see the pressure switch. I went to a local truck shop and bought one for around 6 dollars. You want a N/C or normal closed pressure switch. When you pull the park brake, you let the air out of the system and the switch closes and the light goes on.

The pressure switch is a 1/4 inch NPT tread.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
That dash wire #184 might very well be a prevost wire not CC.

dreamchasers
02-26-2008, 07:48 PM
The #184 wire is the signal from the fuel gauge to the GSD circuit (Generator Shutdown Device) that shuts the generator down when you have less than 1/4 tank of fuel. Apparently, the wire has come loose or has been disabled by a previous owner. I will work with Nick next week to figure out how the signal is routed.

Dale,

I was not aware that a pressure switch existed attached to the pneumatic Park Brake actuator button. I thought the park brake pressure switch was located in the front storage compartment (Spare tire compartment) I will check it out. What a learning experience! I bet that is the problem.

Thanks,
Hector

truk4u
02-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Hector,

I can help you out and copy my drawings, but there may be many discrepancies between your 95 and my 2000. I'm sure there are other Poggers with the same vintage as you that may be able to provide you with copies.

bluevost
02-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Hector,

Our coaches are just a few numbers apart. I'll check out my books to see if I have the drawings to help you out. Let you know next week.

BTW, I also owned an Eagle bus b/4 buying my CC. We have much to talk about.

Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Knowledge is real power, especially when you encounter a problem and you are away from home.

I would suggest that every owner should have available or accessible as much information as possible about the coach and its systems. If a problem is encountered on the road, it can be expected that the closest service will not be your converter or a Prevost Service Center.

Because when you are in Spearfish SD and your frammistan appears to have failed, you need to be able to convey to the guy from the local Bait Shop and Freightliner service where the frammistan is, how it is hooked up, what it does, and what you need done. Obviously I am stretching it a little when I think we need to get into specific detail, but it does help immensely if we can provide to the service tech pneumatic or electrical diagrams, or access to parts lists or service manuals. Even "experts" are involved in on the job training, on your dime, and if you have diagrams such as what Hector is seeking it becomes much easier to problem solve, and considerably less expensive.

tdelorme
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Knowledge is real power, especially when you encounter a problem and you are away from home.

I would suggest that every owner should have available or accessible as much information as possible about the coach and its systems. If a problem is encountered on the road, it can be expected that the closest service will not be your converter or a Prevost Service Center.

Because when you are in Spearfish SD and your frammistan appears to have failed, you need to be able to convey to the guy from the local Bait Shop and Freightliner service where the frammistan is, how it is hooked up, what it does, and what you need done. Obviously I am stretching it a little when I think we need to get into specific detail, but it does help immensely if we can provide to the service tech pneumatic or electrical diagrams, or access to parts lists or service manuals. Even "experts" are involved in on the job training, on your dime, and if you have diagrams such as what Hector is seeking it becomes much easier to problem solve, and considerably less expensive.

Hector, ignore the above. All we need to know is Jon's telephone number. He is the best darn frammistan fixer anywhere around:)

Jon Wehrenberg
02-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Only because I have the drawings or can get them.

dreamchasers
03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Dale,

It was the pressure switch mounted on the emergency brake button! When I jumpered around the switch, all worked. I replaced it this morning and all is well. My fast idle dilemma is resolved! Whew, at last!

FYI, the Country Coach Fast Idle functions as follows; while stoped, transmission in neutral, park brake on, tap the 'resume' button and the engine idle increases to 1000 RPM. If you tap the set button, the RPM reduces appoximately 50 RPM, then if you tap the resume button again, the RPM will increase 50 RPM. To disengage fast idle, turn cruise control off, then back on or release the parking brake. I like it!

I tried working with Country Coach on this issue and my results were less than stellar. They were pointing me to the Allison Transmission computer and I needed to go to an authorized Allison dealer for repairs and re -programming???

Dale, Thanks again.

Hector

dreamchasers
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
After posting a plea for electrical drawings specific to my coach, Ken Zittrer sent me an email with his telephone number. After a brief chat we discovered that our coaches were built in close numerical sequence and that he has a full set of electrical drawings(Prevost Modifications for a Converted Coach). He took his book to Kinko's, had it copied and sent it to me, Priority Mail. I was overwhelmed!

It is actions such as this that builds strong camaraderie among a diverse group with common interests.

Ken Zittrer, 'You Are the Man'!

Many Thanks,

Hector