PDA

View Full Version : TV pocket door, outside

lewpopp
02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I have looked in every place I know of for a slide out for a tv. There are a million sslide swivels, but I want to turn the tv sideways as not to use up so much space in the bay.

I worked on planning my own and I think I have the right direction probably at a fraction of the cost of one if someone offered it for sale.

I'll take a picture of it when I finish and try to post it. I am better with woodworking than I am with computers. I'm anxious to start tomorrow.

VegasDogMan
02-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Lew:
Seen some TV's mounted on side of bay using ball bearing Drawer Slides.
Imagine a Vertical slide out tray. Attached to this could be a swing arm TV Mount and flat panel tv.

Pull out slider unit to expose TV then is swing bracket to position TV to desired viewing angle.

Probably consumes 4-5" of space plus thickness of TV.

I'll help you build it if I get to PSL in March.

Lee

rickdesilva
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Lew
I bought an articulating (?) arm mount for a flat screen. I reinforced and mounted it on the wall that divides the 1st and 2nd storage compartments. When not in use it folds the TV up against the wall and takes up 4" of space. And when I want use it, I open the storage bay and swing it out. It works great. I don't have pictures because the coach down south. The arm was relatively expensive ($250), but overall, it was easy to do, it works well and takes up little or no space.

MangoMike
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Rick,

Just what I need. Maybe I can beat Lew to the punch(BOWL).

Do you have some additional info on the arm? Model, supplier?

Thanks

MIke

Joe Cannarozzi
02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Let me take the liberty of jumping in.

Circuit City Mike. I'll bettcha that is where it came from. We looked at some there. That was about what the good ones cost but they are pretty stout concidering the weight of some of the large LCD's. I would think if one were to get one to mount a larger LCD and then used it in the bus with a smaller one in a bay it would be more than enough to compinsate for the beating it would take from going down the road.

IMO a pony-keg would be more entertaining in that location:D

ajhaig
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Lew,

This may help.

http://www.chiefmfg.com

lewpopp
02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank you all for the help.

I started last night and went to Home Depot and bought some of the necessities. I saw a swing out double arm mount at wal-Mart and I will surprise you and me when I finish. I really think this will be the trick and it will be under $75 . Dem dere Lewbucks. The neat thing is that I'm covering it with the felt that matches the bay coverings.

Ol' Lew ain't gone yet.

Bite me JDUB!!!

rickdesilva
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Mike
I bought the mount at Best Buy, Sanus VM 400B, it was expensive but it is pretty husky. Then I mounted to it,a 26" Westinghouse flat screen with a built in DVD. The mount has about a 17" swing. I mounted it about 3"from the opening. It swings all the way out when you want to view the TV and it folds flat with the screen face against the bulkhead wall when its time to stow it away.

rickdesilva
03-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Here's a view of my Outside Bay TV addition. Its not as elaborate as Lew's but it does the job and it takes up no space.

phorner
03-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Nice job!

But that storage bay is WAY too empty!!

truk4u
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Nice job Rick, can you do one at Sevierville?;)

rickdesilva
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
If there's interest we can do that. Or at least I can show how I installed this one, reinforcing the wall etc. If there's any interest let me know.