PDA

View Full Version : The Bus is in the Yard

dale farley
02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I hope our search for a bus is over for a long time. We just picked up this 1999 Country Coach in Mississippi and drove back to Pensacola a few minutes ago. It is raining, so I can't get any decent pictures.

dale farley
02-22-2008, 04:19 PM
The link below has about 10 pictures of the bus. Everything is basically the same as Marathon's ad except for the price.

http://www.marathoncoachtexas.com/preowned/inventory_detail.cfm?id=471&coach=W6667

Jon Wehrenberg
02-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Outstanding. You are going to be in hog heaven. May we assume we get tours in TN in April?

Joe Cannarozzi
02-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Nice paint. Gottcha a 45 and a 60 series too. Real nice Dale. What's the mialage?

Ray Davis
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Congratulations! Now it's time to change your signature!! Many happy miles in your new coach.

Alek&Lucia
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello Dale & Paulette,

Congratulations !
Looks like Country Coach is taking over POG one by one :p

Alek

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Great bus Dale, you got your garage finished just in time.

MangoMike
02-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Dale,

Congratulations. Nothing better than a new bus.

It's going to be sweet at the next POG meet.

Mike

Danss
02-22-2008, 06:33 PM
You snuck that thing right out from under my nose here in Ms. I also sold a 93 Marathon to get my present bus so I was not looking. Congrats to you, and when anywhere near Gulfport stop in. Dan & Jo

dale farley
02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I do plan to be at POG V. Now comes the fun of working out the bugs and getting things the way I want them. The coach has 67,700 miles. It has everything we were looking for such as: private commode area, side isle, 1 couch/1 chair, 45' and sereis 60engine, so all the looking and waiting paid off. Thanks for all the positive comments.

Darl-Wilson
02-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Nice bus Dale. I'm also curious about the mileage. Yours is 2 yrs newer but makes ours look like an antique. I really like the colors, inside and out. Hope to see you folks on the road some time but it probably won't be in NS. Too far for an old man to drive!

Jim C. Your turn buddy....;)

jack14r
02-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Superduper Dale we will see you in TN.It is obvious that you shopped hard with a plan,and you made the plan work.

truk4u
02-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Congratulations Dale, you really did well. Great looking paint job. Feel free to call anytime if you need help. Jim Keller and Denny also have the same vintage.

mcirco
02-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Great Bus - It looks super, I can't wait to see it up close - I am delighted to see another Country Coach join the POG family.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Prevost XL II Country Coach 45' D/S

Ray Davis
02-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice bus, Dale. Hmm, but aren't you supposed to join the TBC club first, buy the second bus, and THEN sell your old bus? No?? I guess we've been doing it wrong! :eek: :)

Congrats, it looks great!

dale farley
02-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Darl, The mileage is just under 68K.

Ray, I'll pass on the TBC. If I had joined it, I would have had to sell my house.

Tom, I can assure you that I will be calling on you, Jim K. and Denny. I had Paulette video everything as we went through the bus for the second time this morning, but I already have questions about some of the systems.

Ray Davis
02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice signature (and picture)! Woohooo!! Welcome back to bus-land!

tdelorme
02-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Well done, Dale. Now get yourself down in the pit and take some pictures of the underside.

garyde
02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Great find Dale. I'm impressed with the Drivers Dash, very streamline.

dale farley
02-22-2008, 10:34 PM
I have a question for any of the other CC owners. Do you have a CC owners manual that describes the systems? With my 93 marathon, I had a Prevost and a Marathon manual. If there is no CC manual, how do I know how all the systems work?

rbeecher
02-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Dale and Paulette,
The bus is gorgeous! You two really know how to shop. Hope you have a great time with it.

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale

dale farley
02-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Gary, I too like the simplicity of the dash. CC grouped the switches in several places, so they aren't all cluttered. I think they even used some logic in the group placement of them.

rmboies
02-22-2008, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Roadrunner;24388]I do plan to be at POG V. Now comes the fun of working out the bugs and getting things the way I want them. UOTE]

Dale and Paulette, a big congratulations on one very sharp coach! Looking forward to see you and the new wheels in TN!;)

Ray Davis
02-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Dale, I can't speak for the newer coaches, but my 93 CC had a Country Coach owners manual. Maybe CC can get you one, or print one?

Five-O
02-23-2008, 03:27 AM
The lady who was over Customer Relations at Country Coach was Carolyn Gsell. I think she is still there. If you call Country Coach and ask to speak to her, she would be the first person I would call. A couple of us met her and she made an impression on us. If there was a manual, which I am sure there was, they have to have an old one around or at the least have a copy as mentioned already. Hope this helps. Nice looking bus! Looks pristine.

dale farley
02-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Ray, Five-0, I will search the bus again, and if I don't find the manual, I willl give CC a call. Thanks.

truk4u
02-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Dale,

I can send you my manual and you can copy the pages if you like. They did a real poor job on the manual, but it's better than nothing. It's full of errors and misinformation and your suppose to sort out what applies to the plastic Affinity or a Bus.

Just send me your address and I'll get it to you ASAP.

doodlebug45
02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
The link below has about 10 pictures of the bus. Everything is basically the same as Marathon's ad except for the price.

Great looking coach. Does your comment on the price mean that Marathon found out you were a POG member and charged you more? :) Do you have any tips for us poor souls who are still in the search? :confused: We're hearing about huge differences between asking prices and actual sale prices these days. :eek:
Hugh & Linda

BrianE
02-23-2008, 05:54 PM
VERY nice Dale. I, for one have learned from your organized approach to our wonderful obsession. Looking forward to a tour in SV.

dale farley
02-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Hugh,

I feel I got the bus at a miraculous price. I knew what I could spend, and I waited until the price reached my limit. Even though I was tempted to go a little higher a few times, I finally accepted the fact that if the Good Lord wanted me to have that particular bus, I would get it at a price I could afford. I consider the bus to be a real answer to prayer.

There are many sellers who won't budge on their price, but there are others that are tired of "not" selling, so they will do some serious negotiation. As unusual as it may sound, I never based my price on what the bus was worth, but what I was willing/able to pay.

Tom, I found the CC manual today. I appreciate your offer, and I am sure I will be bugging you for other information.

doodlebug45
02-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Those are wise words Dale. My wife is always reminding me almost exactly the same thing. I tell her I have faith, its just patience I lack. I guess I'll have to learn though because the docs have grounded me for a month due to ear surgery next Thurday. I can't even go looking now! Maybe the Good Lord is trying to get a message across. I will try to follow your advice.
Hugh

dale farley
02-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Hugh, Because I am very much a Type "A" personality, patience has never been a strong virtue of mine, but in recent years, I have really learned if I stay in His will, everything will always turn out better in the long run. I hope your ear problem goes away soon. Enjoy the search.

dale farley
02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
The bus is finally in the barn. I was really sweating it, because my manual says the bus has a clearance of 12' 7" to the top of the AC units. After getting home and looking at the top, I realized my sattellite dome is about 6" - 8" higher than my AC cowling.

The door on the shed is exactly 12' 5 1/2". I dumped most of the air and had Paulette pull through the door very slowly while I stood on a ladder monitoring the situation. To my surprise, I have about 8" clearance from the top of the dome, so I think I can relax on this one. I do have a couple antennas that are sticking way up and slapping the rafters, but hopefullly that won't be a problem.

JIM KELLER
02-25-2008, 07:15 AM
CONGRATULATIONS DALE ! ! Call me anytime at my office with questions. Your Country Coach and ours look like sisters. I have always thought that as a converter, Country Coach has used a lot of logic in the production of their Bus. A very high quality conversion for sure.

dale farley
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Jim K.,

I am sure I will be giving you a call, because there are several things I haven't figured out. I did locate the CC manual, and that has been a great help. I haven't found any significant problems, and I am very happy with the coach so far, but as to be expected, I do have a few bugs to work out.

The bus had the coach armor on the front like yours, but the seller had taken it off and put it in his warehouse at some point, and he thinks it may have blown away with hurricane Katrina. "If I get desperate, I know where I can find a replacement shield some dark night."

Ray Davis
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Dale,

My CC had the same 12'7" marker on the dash. I'm not sure it's really indicative of anything real, meaning I don't believe it's the real maximium height on your coach. It seems to be a "watch for bridges below this height kinda warning". Others may know more.

Ray

Just Plain Jeff
02-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Nice camper! We Country Coach types need to stick together. As Thomas Jefferson once said, "It is far better to hang together than to hang alone."

dalej
02-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Congratulations Dale, you have a nice bus there. I sure you can make it to TN.

henryhighwood
02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I hate to interject, but I believe it was Ben Franklin that said "we must hang together, or surely we will hang alone"

dale farley
02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Ray,

I think you're right about the bus height. I drove it in the barn a few minutes ago without lowering it at all, and I still had over 6" clearance from the top of my satellite dome and about 12" from the top of the AC cowling.

Dale, I do plan to be in TN. I paid my fee the day after I got the bus. Now I have to start saving my money so I can fill up with diesel.

Just Plain Jeff
02-26-2008, 05:46 AM
I hate to interject, but I believe it was Ben Franklin that said "we must hang together, or surely we will hang alone"

You may well be right! I like to quote Jefferson. Like Jefferson, I am the young guy in a crowd of old farts. He swiped good ideas from the geezers and made them his own.

Hmmm.

mike kerley
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Dale,

Congradulations, Truly a great looking bus. I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of it. Safe travels.

Mike and Karen