PDA

View Full Version : embareassed or is it embearassed?

rfoster
05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Do any of you Prevost guys and gals know what kind of rivets are used to hold on the passenger side rear awning brackets? Mine seem to have come loose after contacting something stationary! they appear to be the same as attaches the sheet metal, but I don't know as I can't see straight yet. I need to purchase 3 or more. Roger

Jerry Winchester
05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Roger,

Call Steve at International Bus Parts and he can fix you up.

And unless you dinged both sides of your coach at a Jimmy Buffett concert when you were completely sober, you don't need to be embarassed.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Roger,

Before you buy rivets, see if you can tap the hole and use a stainless steel bolt, either a 10-32 or 1/4 20.

When our awning was ripped off by high winds we had Zip-Dee replace it and they used bolts. It must be secured to a frame member and not just the sheet metal skin.

MangoMike
05-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Geez, you put one little micro scratch on your ride and you hear about it for years. Good thing I don't own a plane.

MargaritavilleMike

Jerry Winchester
05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
MicroMike, These folks thought the same thing, but look what happend to them? At least they only clipped one side....

http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/4/4856.jpg

ken&ellen
05-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah....what type of plane was Texan Buddy Holly flyin in? I believe they named a cheesy cowboy show after the same aircraft. At least the " Mothership" is still around..........looking forward to seeing you in Hatteras Mango. Ken & Ellen

Jerry Winchester
05-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Ellen,

Would you please make sure Ken gets his medicine in the afternoons.

I don't recall us turning this into an airplane thread. Lew, wade off in here and whack this DJ for encroachment and piling on.

And I am sure the reason they died in a real plane is because only two of them would have fit in the one with the tail on backwards; Then the Big Bopper would still be here?

truk4u
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Ken,
I picked up 4 rivets with the big heads on my way home at Marathon and I'm going to drill out the old and in with the new. Hey Liberty Boy's, they gave them to me.;)

Jon Wehrenberg
05-06-2006, 07:48 PM
We don't need to replace rivet on our Libertys. So there!:D

ken&ellen
05-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Ellen noticed that Roger must have hit the awning support with his head! At the next rally we will sponsor a collection jar to purchase a helmet for Roger. At the Good Sam's rally at Daytona they were actually selling engraved signs for awnings " Hit your head here " sort of like that damn horn that goes off when your gear is not down........opps there I go again. Ken

lewpopp
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Damn you Ken for mentioning an air vehicle on this site

JDUB told me to say that. Don't hit me!

rfoster
05-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Jon - oh one of great knowledge and obvious experience. the advice to replace awning rivets with 1/4 x 20 bolts was right on. I first thought heck that will be a lot of trouble but hey I bet it didn't take ten minutes to tap -silicone and install bracket using bolts. You "the anal master"no that should say anal award winner- thanks for the help.
in the words of Missing Mango Mike -may the force be with you through your Mango cap.
Fast Roger

Jon Wehrenberg
05-08-2006, 07:35 AM
We're here to serve.