PDA

View Full Version : Entrance step

lewpopp
02-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I have a 90 and I wonder if Prevost or Marathon would have the rubber bumper-type grouved lip on the entrance step. Mine is discolored and would loke to replace it.

dalej
02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Lew, I am too! I'm thinking something in a polished stainless design.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Lew, I am too! I'm thinking something in a polished stainless design.

Lew and Dale, I saw this ad in the FMCA Magazine and thought I would bring it to your attention. Here is their website: http://www.summit-products.com/ss-instep.htm

"Revitalize the entry way of your motor coach with our mirror polished 18 gauge step risers. These risers cover the front of your interior coach steps, giving your coach a classy look as you enter."

While this product is for the risers, and not the steps, they may have the rubber tread parts for you also Lew?

Gary S.

Darrell McCarley
02-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Lew, Prevost sells the white rubber entry step. I replaced mine. The screw holes are pre-drilled and easy to install.

Darrell McCarley
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Lew, You can use a steel brush to remove the outer layer of rubber to make the entry pad look as new. It is made of white rubber or plastic from top to bottom. Try a wire brush attached to your electric drill. Darrell

lewpopp
02-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Gary, I have already replaced my front entry steps and risers. It's the rubber nose at the bottom

Dale, a stainless approach would look beautiful but I wouldn't want to step in it.

Darrell,

Thanks for the heads up with the wire brush and if it doesn't work, I'll purchase a new one.

Jerry Winchester
02-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Lew,

Just try the wire brush that Kathy was using on your a$$ when you pulled up in front of my hanger. It still has some bristles on it.......

02-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Gary, I have already replaced my front entry steps and risers. It's the rubber nose at the bottom

Dale, a stainless approach would look beautiful but I wouldn't want to step in it.

Darrell,

Thanks for the heads up with the wire brush and if it doesn't work, I'll purchase a new one.
The original owner of my coach had Marathon make his entryway in stainless. The entire entry, steps, sidewalls etc. Then he had some custom rubber treads put in, about an inch thick. It all looks good, but one might say it could be considered a little industrial, but really functional and if you like the stainless look, pretty good. If anyone wants pictures, I will get them to you when I pick it up in Coburg.

lewpopp
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Jerry, how did you know Kathy used that(wire brush) on me for certain occasions?:D

I can wire brush it but a new one would look real nice. I may change my tune as soon as Prevost tells me how much it is.

I was fooling with it today. Some screws apparently hold it on but the silicone in the holes won't let me find what kind of screws hold it on. Is it bolted from the underneath?

Darrell McCarley
02-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Lew, It has phillips head screws underneath the filler and unscrews from the top side. If you use a wire brush it should be a soft one so you will not grind off too much of the white rubber. I think the price from Prevost was around $100. Darrell