PDA

View Full Version : POG brochure

dalej
02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Stopped in at Desert West in Phoenix to check out their bus's and look at the bus that Lloyd was looking at. I ask the sales guy if he heard of POG and he shows me a brochure that Jim Skiff sent him. Gary Deinhard (garyde) is on the front cover.

So POG is getting out there. I gave a guy in this park that never heard of POG the brochure, he has a 91 Liberty.

JIM KELLER
02-13-2008, 06:46 AM
I have always thought all of us should have brochures to promote POG. Business card size would be great also.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Skiffer....listen to the voices. (Not the ones in your head, but those posting here.)

If the guys that pay your exhorbitant rates to be members are also willing to do your selling maybe you ought to provide us with some form of handout at the rallies so whenever we see another Prevost we can give it to the owner or stick it under the windshield.

Maybe just a simple single sheet, folded to envelope size that lists the advantages of POG, gives some facts and figures (number of members, fees, insurance discounts, etc) and a few photos of a rally or a seminar, and maybe a spot for the logos of the advertisers that you will bludgeon to pay for it.

C'mon.....

phorner
02-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Great idea! Now if only we had a few to hand out at the RV Show here at Outdoor Resorts this weekend.....

Liberty, Marathon, and Millennium Coaches will be participating.

And, there's a cocktail party for Liberty Coach owners Friday night.

All great opportunities to spread the good word...

Loc
02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
The RV show starts in Houston today. Just think, if we only had brochures I could get JBUB the POG poster child and we could do some real business.

Jim Skiff
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm on the phone to the printer......like yesterday dude.

truk4u
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Skiffer,

This card thing has come up before! When we got our rally packets for Kerrville, we got a hand full of cards to promote the rally, so you must have a source for the printing. While at Pt St Lucie, a potential new Pogger asked for a card so she could discuss with her husband and possibly join up.

I suggest you explore several possibilities....

1. Print up generic POG cards with all the detail on front, then just add several blank lines on the back to allow members to write in their names, phone and e-mail addresses.

2. Put up a link on POG with a jpeg of the card and members could then print their own cards and customize the back side with all their information.

3. Print up some postcard size handouts to be given out by members.

If you get going on this, there will be ample time for Harry to put a postcard up at the Chicken Ranch in time for Pahrump.:D

truk4u
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
C'mon Gary, fess up, what did it cost you to get on the brochure?:p

Jim Skiff
02-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Tom,

Gary was the first member to show the POG decal attached to the exterior of his coach at Branson. He is seen pointing at it in the image.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Tell the truth....did Gary get a break on his dues for doing that?

phorner
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know if this is feasible, but if it's not a major software project, maybe the brochure/business card could have a generic password that would give a limited time of access to the forum, say 24 or 72 hours or something similar. The user would still have to have a unique ID in order to track the time.

The limited user wouldn't be able to post anything, but could take some time to "test drive" the forum.

Also, the test period might only allow a connection for say 5 or 10 minutes max before timing out the connection. Just enough to have a look-see and encourage purchasing a membership.

Just a thought....

Jon Wehrenberg
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Paul,

Good idea as long as the person trying out the site cannot download all the information the members have contributed through their own efforts to share with other members. Once our information gets downloaded it would be in the public domain quickly.

garyde
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
As I recall, Jim greeted me in the morning before I had my coffee. It's a wonder I could smile! I still have some Keerville cards I hand out to people I run into.

lewpopp
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
a couple of grouchy hings.....

The Liberty owners' cocktail party has a major tone of discrimination. Do they think that we other Prevost owners may not want a Liberty? I guess so.

As for Jim Skiff merchandising the POG, he's a school teacher at heart. Nothing wrong with that. What does a school teacher know about selling and merchandising. Washington crossed the Delaware , A square plus B square = C square, etc., etc.

I'l bet that gets the juices flowing. I asked him for something prior to the Kerrville rally. Go ahead , travel all over the states and be a one man band, but you know your best sales people are the members. Give them a couple of tools. Oh, it costs money....Jon will back you. He's being pushed to hire Pay-Pal to handle all of his Jackstand $$$.

Not jealous, just stating a fact.

garyde
02-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Never one for lack of words, Lew, I still believe POG is a disorganized group who get by pretty well without a top down organization.
I wouldn't dice Jim Skiff, the Karaoke man, he does quite well .

Jon Wehrenberg
02-14-2008, 06:58 AM
Lew, sit down. Relax. Take a deep breath.

There...........feel better?

truk4u
02-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Hang in there Skiffer, the force is with you....

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
A year ago Skiffer gave us a program with our logo in a business card format to be printed out by any POGer at will.

The only bad thing about it was it should be available on the front page or in Quick Links, not buried in all the old posts and unknown by all the new members.

win42
02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Lew: Remember Pi r square. No! Pi are round, cake are square.
Leave Jim alone he's in the learning part of his life. If he was old and wise like you and I ( well I don't know about you sometimes ) he would not stay in Maine in the winter but be in Arizona or Florida like we are.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Last I knew Skiffer was in NV in Pahrump. I think his wife was stuck up in Maine....with the kids. He ain't so dumb.

The dumb one is JPJ. He left FL in January to go back up to Maine. That's a man that needs help.

Even Lew knows enough to stay where it is warm.

truk4u
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Last I heard from JPJ it was -4 and he was either fondling his wood or the new wood burning stove, not sure which.:p Can you wear socks and sandals in Mooseville in the middle of the winter?

lewpopp
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Now I've Got The Blood Flowing . Keep Going And We'll Get The Good Stuff Done. Even Harry Woke Up, Good Boy Harry, You Made It To Brunch. Wear The Bib, That Shirt Has To Last You The Whole Week.

As For Playing Second Base, Mets Stadium Has Me On Call After The Show I Gave Them At Fantasy Camp. Eat Your Hearts Out And Crawl Back Under The Coach. No, No, Wait Until You Get Jon's Jackstands Painted In Any Color You Old Farts Can See.

Jim Skiff
02-15-2008, 08:23 AM
The POG Brochure File is posted on the Information Sharing page.

I have also posted the POG Business Card file that you can personalize.

They open with Microsoft Publisher. I am also having a bunch more printed out.

Ray Davis
02-15-2008, 08:04 PM
May I suggest, if possible, to convert the publisher file to PDF format instead. Not everyone has MS Publisher (much harder on macs), but everyone can get a free Adobe PDF reader. And it's very careful about printing very precisely.

Ray

rfoster
02-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks Ray, my words exactly.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-15-2008, 09:13 PM
It could and should be a lot easier than it is!

Orren Zook
02-16-2008, 03:59 AM
I think the PDF would be nice too, currently Microsoft will give you a free trial version of publisher for windows at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/default.aspx

phorner
02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
The RV Show is going along very well here at Outdoor Resorts in St. Lucie West.

I'm pleased to report that, proudly and prominently displayed in the Amadas Coach display coach, was a stack of POG brochures.

Of course there are also display coaches from Marathon, Liberty and Newell as well as several other high-line class A manufacturers.

And, the Liberty party last night was absolutely great!

We're hoping that this will become an annual event.

Jim Skiff
02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Now in PDF. (http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/articles/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=3025)

Jim Skiff
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
If you would like a handful of POG Brochures let me know and I'll send them out to you.

Loc
03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the package with the brochures. They look very nice. I will put them to good use.

Loc

Ray Davis
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Several of us are going down to Chula Vista RV for the weekend. Maybe we can find some other Prevost owners, and pass out a brochure or two there? :D