PDA

View Full Version : FREEDOM ROAD aka Marcus Lemonis part ways

Coloradobus
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Here's a new ariticle from RV Business that says the partnership (short lived) between Featherlite and Marcus Lemonis/FreedomRoads LLC-Camping World have dissolved.

FreedomRoads and Featherlite Terminate Pact
RV Business
Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Although few details have been released, FreedomRoads/Camping World and Featherlite Luxury Coaches Inc. yesterday (Feb. 5) announced in terse separate releases that they have called off a Nov. 27 agreement through which FreedomRoads would have become the high-end conversion bus builder’s exclusive U.S. sales and service outlet.

Sales and service operations, under the initial agreement, were to have begun at selected FreedomRoads/Camping World facilities in mid-December.

“Featherlite Coaches, Inc. announced today that it has notified FreedomRoads/Camping World that it has elected to terminate its relationship with FreedomRoads/Camping World,” Conrad Clement, chairman and CEO of Sanford, Fla.-based Featherlite, stated in a one-paragraph release.

And this from FreedomRoads Chairman and CEO Marcus Lemonis in a statement released the same day: “FreedomRoads and Camping World, America’s largest RV and outdoor retailer, today announced it will no longer represent Featherlite Motor Coaches in their dealer network and has terminated its agreement with the manufacturer. Company executives cited that the relationship was not optimal.”

As a company “looking to expand our market presence and price points nationally,” Lemonis further stated, “we’ve had recent success with (Fleetwood’s) American Coach and Monaco (Monaco Coach Corp.) and will pursue other product lines to fill this luxury void.”

Featherlite’s Vantare H3-45 and Vantare XLII lines, both Prevost bus shell conversions, are marketed and sold through factory-direct outlets, and the FreedomRoads deal would have given the company sales and service centers for its luxury motor coaches at selected FreedomRoads locations with a wider geographic reach.

Featherlite Luxury Coaches was formed in October of 2006 following the merger of Cresco, Iowa-based specialty trailer builder Featherlite Inc. with Universal Trailer Holdings Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio.

jack14r
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
It has been reported over on the STUFF site that the Featherlite signs are being replaced in Sanford FL by Mesa RV signs.Since the Camping World deal didn't work out Mesa must see an opportunity to broaden their product offering.

Coloradobus
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, this is true.
I understand from a reiable source that La Mesa saw an advantage to buy Vantare property and to sell used coaches at the Featherlite lot. No new "fiberglass" coaches will be sold at the Vantare property. The bus side will have 3 salemans for both used and new busses. There will be at least 10 salepeople to sell the fiberglass coaches on sale.
Conrad Clements has also purchased property at the Minnesota/Iowa border where there will be a full service bus service center as well as 5-6 new busses for sale.
Tom Johnson will handle all Nascar guys exclusively in Charlotte being acrossed the street from the racetrack and the Vantare guy who was in Monksville NC will be moving to Charlotte to take over this operation. Johnson bought 8 new Vantares to get started there all for sale.
Also, La Mesa is considering marketing Vantare coaches at one of the west coach lots. This gives Vantare a great opportunity for expansion which is giving at least one converter , Liberty, concerns.

garyde
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
That's interesting news. I wonder how much $$ La Mesa paid for this relationship? I don't quite understand, is La Mesa going to market other Fiberglass Brands in Sanford, Florida or just help sale Prevosts?

jack14r
05-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Will Tom Johnson continue selling Amadas coaches? Featherlite has not sold their Crown Jewel of Coaches even though it has been for sale for over two years.The Featherlite inventory is somewhat stale,the XLII only has one floor plan and out of the 6 for sale 3 are on 2 year old shells,the ten H3s have the same problem with the shells,5 of them are on 2 year old shells.Since Featherlite advertised on RVOnline and their website,their inventory reduction prices I would guess that it will be hard for any new retailer to get the prices above $1,000,000 for a new coach.If I was able to purchase a new coach I would want to deal with the manufacturer,and know that his service would be first rate.This product is breaking new ground for La Mesa and it might prove to be more difficult and less profitable than anticipated.This industry is no different from many others,they all want to steal the others customer,I view the factory stores as the strong players and the non factory retailers as less desirable.

Coloradobus
05-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I have been told that La Mesa will be selling other "USED" fiberglass coaches, along with new and used Featherlite/Vantares. Dont know anything about Amadus sales.