PDA

View Full Version : 24 Volt taillights

ken&ellen
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
I am sure that many have gone through the process of finding 24 Volt lights, but here in Southern Va it is a problem. I need a taillight bulb which is a Hella R5W 24Volts and I went to NAPA, Advanced Auto, and a local truck supply.....no luck. Any good websites that can provide these? I wanted to use Jerry's suggestion and convert to the LED replacement bulb, but so far the 24V option has alluded me. Ken:(

Just Plain Jeff
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
If you are local to any charter bus operation, you may well find they have a good stock and are willing to sell them to you. I went to an MCI facility and they were just great; had the bulbs in stock and the parts guy GAVE me 2 bulbs at no charge as it was more trouble to bill them out than to just hand them over.

If you are going to go for the 24 volt lights, some recommend getting the 28V aircraft lights as they will last longer. Lew probably has some in his hangar.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Try the closest WWGrainger, and also do an internet search for Bulbco. You should have said something at the rally. I have some.

Jerry Winchester
05-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Ken,

Try this place. They have some 24V RV bulbs, I just don't know if they are the right kind. They have about every type LED bulb available.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/