PDA

View Full Version : Duotherm rooftop unit problem

Danss
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Recently had a 5 button control thermostat and new boards in 4 rooftop units.
Dip switches are set but heat strips will not come on even though they show up as selected in the thermostat display. Fans run but no heat. Air cond and furnaces run great when selected. Same problem in all 4 units. Any ideas as I do not look forward to a 1000 mile round trip to Parliment for repair. Thanks Dan

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Recently had a 5 button control thermostat and new boards in 4 rooftop units.
Dip switches are set but heat strips will not come on even though they show up as selected in the thermostat display. Fans run but no heat. Air cond. and furnaces run great when selected. Same problem in all 4 units. Any ideas as I do not look forward to a 1000 mile round trip to Parliament for repair. Thanks Dan

Dan, can't help wondering, did you install these items on your own, and did it ever work since the install?

If you did the install are there any configuration directions? What I mean is on the boards and in the thermostat there may be dip switches and jumper wires that require configuring to your specific application.

If someone else did the work for you you should see if they can help you trouble shoot the job over the phone!

Sorry that's all I can think of to help.

truk4u
01-21-2008, 08:58 PM
If they're heat pumps, below 34 degree's my Duo-Therms will not work. Didn't know if was real cold where you are.

garyde
01-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Dan, did they ever work, and were they tested? Do you have a schematic diagram?

Danss
01-22-2008, 07:16 AM
They only have heat strips and are not heat pumps. I had new 5 button control unit installed at Parliment as old 4 button unit was failing. This was in
August and at that time only checked Air Conditioners. The Heat strips were working before. I just hate to have to make a 1100 mile round trip to FL. for this problem. I will call Dan R. today to see if he can shed some light on what might be wrong. Any ideas would be welcome. Dan

garyde
01-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi Danss. Any Licensed Heating & Cooling Contractor should be able to help you out. There is nothing too complicated about the system as along as there are wiring diagrams or easy access to trouble shoot. If you know the Manf. name of the units, you can do a Yellow page search in your area as well for qualified Service repair.

Danss
01-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks to Dan R. at Parliment coach and a fellow that does some motorhome repair work here in Ms. my problem is solved. Thanks to them I do not have to go to Fl. even though a trip to warmer weather would be nice. Thank you folks also for your suggestions. Dan

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks to Dan R. at Parliment coach and a fellow that does some motorhome repair work here in Ms. my problem is solved. Thanks to them I do not have to go to Fl. even though a trip to warmer weather would be nice. Thank you folks also for your suggestions. Dan

Well OK Dan, I'll ask. What was the problem. :D:D

Danss
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
First of all, I know as much about most things on this bus as I do brain surgery.
Apparantly a 2 inch jumper wire was left off the control boards when they came from Duotherm. What it does only the Lord knows but I now have heat. Dan

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
First of all, I know as much about most things on this bus as I do brain surgery.
Apparantly a 2 inch jumper wire was left off the control boards when they came from Duotherm. What it does only the Lord knows but I now have heat. Dan

Thanks for the feedback Dan, it's what is needed to complete the repair dialog!

There will come a day when all of the little tidbits will come together and someone will get a "FREE ANSWER" without suffering the question........