PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' things clean...

phorner
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Where can I get a pair of replacement mud flaps for the front tires? Mine are pretty well cracked and should be replaced.

Doesn't look like a major project to replace them. But then again, it's always the presumed "easy" jobs that seem to turn out to be a challenge.

Ray Davis
01-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I would expect you can contact Prevost directly, or there seems to be mud flaps listed for Prevost at International Bus parts, http://www.ibpindustries.com/products/category/52

Loc
01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Paul,

I haven't replaced the front mudflaps but have done the rear. I went to my local NAPA and purchased to semi mudflaps and then used the old mudflaps as a template to cut the new flaps with a razor knife. I could have used a single mud flap to make both, but didn't know I would have as much left over at the time. I used a drill to make the mounting holes. They lasted for five years. It was very easy and pretty cheap.

Loc

truk4u
01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Good grief Loc Nest, you can't put nasty ole truck mud flaps on a Liberty!:eek: Right now the Liberty guys are shivering from cold sweats just thinking about this....;)

Jon Wehrenberg
01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
My drummer must have a different beat. First thing I did when I got the current Liberty was to remove the rear full width flap and its shiny stainless trim, and then I removed the shiny trim from the bottom of my rear wheel mud flaps. Too lazy to touch the fronts.

I have never yet had any of you ball breakers pick on my gnarly mud flaps yet you guys are all over the dull copper from my hot water tank.

phorner
01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the info.... think I'll try IBP first. I see this as a kind of real long term restoration project.

It's gotta be long term.... historically, just about the time I get a vehicle close to "perfect", I end up trading it! Someone else seems to always end up enjoying the benefits of all my work.