PDA

View Full Version : Help. Photo Shrinking

Jon Wehrenberg
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a bunch of photos that would be fun to post, but when I look at their pertinent poop (that's a technical term) they run around 50 or 60 somethings which is bigger than the 38 somethings limit.

I sat about two hours over the last two days trying to find the magic trick that will make my pictures smaller. The guru who has been massaging the pictures with the manuals is Ben but I hate to keep bugging him. Does anybody know how I can take existing photos and make the file size smaller?

I won't pay for your advice but I might knock a little off the cost of my garage tour.:p

Jerry Winchester
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
My photos come up in MS Office Picture Manager. If you click on the Edit function, there will be a menu come up on the right side. Choose "Resize" and then choose "Predefined width x height". You can pick e-mail large or small and then hit "Okay"

Now save the file in a convenient place with a name other than the original file. When you use this forum to attach a file, just browse for it and select. Hit upload and you are there.

There are a couple of other ways to do it, but it mostly works the same way. You have to get into the edit function of whatever software you are using and go from there.

I'll require a large iced tea during my tour.........;)

Jon Wehrenberg
01-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Lets see if this works.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Jerry,

The attachment above was previously on the wall of our local post office. Doesn't that guy look dangerous?

I used Picassa and I cropped a big picture so at least now I can post a picture. Now I will be insufferable because I can change my own oil AND post pictures.

Jerry Winchester
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
U Duh Man. Mango Mike? I thought he'd be taller.........:p

Jon Wehrenberg
01-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Mango is a pretty tall guy. He may look short when you compare him to his coach, but you need to see my driveway to understand what is happening.

Look at my coach in the background to get a sense of how steep the driveway is. Mango's coach is raised as high as it will go on the front airbags so his generator baffle will clear the crown as the bus transitions from the level floor in the garage (the back end was about four feet in the garage) to the slope of the driveway. Mike is standing with his feet about a foot or more lower than where his front wheels are sitting.

ken&ellen
01-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Seeing this picture reminds us that we have not heard from Mango on this site in quite awhile....has anyone heard from him? Ken & Ellen

Jon Wehrenberg
01-15-2006, 10:42 AM
He was on the other site. He has compromising pictures of me so he is probably trying to figure out how to get even because I pictured his here.

MangoMike
01-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Well I have to thank Jon for setting the record straight. His driveway is like a house of mirrors.

However this doesn't get him off the hook for posting my pix.

I give you "flatman".

Mango

Side Issue - 39k is way too small for posting viewable pictures. Can the webmaster get this increased? You guys can't let RV.net beat you on this one.

Jerry Winchester
01-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Is that Jon's Hummer before or after he towed it with the emergency brake on?:D I keep waiting for that story to be posted on this site; with photos.

I agree with the photo size. By the time you shrink them to 39, there isn't much left of some of them. Somewhere in the 60 range would be better.

MangoMike
01-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Jerry,
That's Jon's hummer with a brand spankin' new tire(s) - but I'll let him tell the story.

The powers that be have doubled the size of allowable pixs now in this site. Mucho better.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
That is me proudly showing off my wife's new rear tires. The old ones had a little vibration in them so we decided to replace them.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Here is the original picture of the Mothership before cropping so it would fit on this site.

I do want to draw your attention to the fact that one of the two guys is spotless and the other hard working soul shows evidence of slaving away on somebody's coach.

ken&ellen
01-18-2006, 09:27 AM
I hope that Mango was a least helpful as your " goofer " or as your valet as you required refeshments or snacks.:D

MangoMike
01-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Nothing better than having your own personal Prevo mechanic & guru. Especially if he lives in a beautiful house overlooking the river (although he does make you sleep in the garage).

Mike

lewpopp
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay, you guys...You are talking about reducing the size of a picture and I don't even know how to post a damn picture. Other than a pic of my troubled axil, I have a very important picture of the spy I was referring to at Parliament. I'll enter it when I learn how.:confused:

Jon Wehrenberg
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Lew,

If I can do it, you can do it. We can create the computer illiterate chapter of the POG.

Maybe if we show Ben our coaches he will teach us some tricks.

Ben
01-19-2006, 09:32 PM
If anyone owns Photoshop, then I can show you how to do just about anything. If it's other software, then I'd have to be in front of it to see how it works.