PDA

View Full Version : Big Deal New Poop Tube

Just Plain Jeff
01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
For the life of me I don't know why I am posting this here, but here goes.

This is a Goodyear, industrial strength flat hose number SF-10 which can be purchased in 50-foot rolls from http://www.apachehb.comat $8/ft. Good luck finding it on their website, but they sell it.

You can call them at 866-810-HOSE (of course). Just go to your local Featherlite/CampingWorld store and get a couple of fittings, cut the hose to length, put on the stainless clamps (of course) and you're ready to, ah, go.

Now I am going to stop writing.

truk4u
01-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Pleeeeeeaaaseeee, you can't discuss poop without Mango and Jdub involved!

lewpopp
01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Where this guy gets his pictures and ideas, we'll never know.

lewpopp
01-10-2008, 09:26 PM
And I have to be parked in the same area he is in and the tolerance is unbearable. MERD

Ray Davis
01-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Now that's what I need. A $400 (50ft x $8/ft) poop hose.

I guess someone here could purchase a roll, and then cut it into 10ft sections for us POG guys. Then it would only be an $80 poop hose!

What am I missing here?

garyde
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
The problem with a hose is they can not be easily cleaned and dried out leaving bacteria to multiply. The coil hose can be easily cleaned ,drained, and put away and it will dry out.

Jerry Winchester
01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Well I can attest that during the Christmas trip, we stayed at two RV parks that set the sewer hook up at the very back of the pad. I was able to link two hoses together one time, but didn't even try at the other and just pulled around to another site to dump on the way out, so a long hose that didn't take up a lot of room might be okay. But I'm with Gary; there has to be some potential for having some uninvited honey staying with you in that deal.

You would think there would be a rule of thumb or standard for the distance the sewer connection is located from the end of the pad or the electric connection. It is very inconsistent.

Just Plain Jeff
01-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Having used this item a couple of days ago...

1. We're talking industrial strength material
2. You can simply fold over the ends so as not to need frequent cleanings.
3. If you have sufficient pressure, it works just like a fire hose.
4. Once used, roll 'er or fold up taking up a fraction of the space compared to the Featherlite/Camping world jobs.
5. From all appearances this baby would last a very long time. (Great cost/benefit ratio).

Ray has a great idea. Get a list together of folks who want the hose and then distribute same at POG V or similar events?

Bring your own el cheapo plastic ends and we can have a Guy Craft event?

tdelorme
01-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Any good pool supply store will have a lesser quality roll up discharge hose for alot fewer Lewbucks. This hose will last a long time.

http://www.hosecraftusa.com/model.php?modelUID=263

MangoMike
01-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I knew Mel Torme would know his poop. ;)

mm

phorner
01-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Wouldn't a cheap, 50ft roll of garden hose, connected to the Macerator outlet, work just as well?

Some of the crap hoses are so cheap they're almost disposable...

rfoster
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
JPJ: You do take trade ins on the dodo poop pipe dont ya?

Just Plain Jeff
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
For those with a working macerator, that's the slickest deal of all.

The SF-10 is rated for 10 years of continuous industrial use.

No trade ins.

The Ultimate Coach should have the ultimate...

lewpopp
01-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Paul, the picture JPJ posted with the fire hose is his personal plumbing system over in Mount Olive Shores. Special deal he worked out with the gov't.

gmcbuffalo
01-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Speaking of waste dumps where do the Entertainer bus go to dump their tanks. I seen them at Prevost facilities driving over a hole in the ground and dumping. Where else could they go to do this? No hose female bus, male buses use hoses.
GregM

Jon Wehrenberg
01-12-2008, 07:50 AM
When the bus driver has taken the passengers and equipment to the site, the driver will take the bus wherever he has to go to fuel it up, dump tanks and take on fresh water, plus get it serviced if necessary so it is good to go when the show is over.

Often the arena or show site will have a sewer cleanout that can be opened and used for dumping, unless the bus is owned by the Dave Matthews band, in which case a bridge will work.

Joe Cannarozzi
01-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Jon you omitted a vital point of the Mathews method. The passing sightseeing boat positioned below to keep from contaminating the river.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Joe, you seem to attribute the environmental concern shown by the driver of the Dave Matthews bus to skill or experience. I think he was lucky he did not pollute the river, otherwise he would have gotten into trouble. Luck, not skill was at work here.

He would have been luckier if it was loaded with politicians.

phorner
01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
At least now I know the purpose for an open grate bridge deck!

And here I thought it was to play havoc with all the bikers trying to stabilize their handlebars.....

Ray Davis
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
A friend of mine owns an entertainer coach (it was supposedly owned by Trisha Yearwood)

He indicated to me that entertainer coaches would (if they were traveling in rurual areas), simply pull over to the side of the road, and "let it (d)rip" into the ajacent corn field. Not really sure about that, but it makes for a story ...

I have a macerator on the new bus. I have not yet tried it, but would like to try a regular garden hose at home, and see if I can pump it into the home sewer connection? Finding a real dump site here in CA ain't easy. Generally I try to drive by Prevost before putting the bus away!

Ray

phorner
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Ray,

I tried the macerator on our Liberty a couple of days ago. I just took a section of old garden hose, connected it to the macerator outlet, and stuck the other end into the sewer opening on the lot. I wasn't sure if mine had ever been used.

Everything worked fine. It took a minute or two for the pump to prime itself, but that was not a problem. The only complaint, and it's of no real importance, is that the macerator switch is momentary, so I had to keep my finger on it for the duration of the "dump".

Sure seemed like a neat setup.

Ya know, polishing the brass cap on the macerator outlet can be work, though...

Joe Cannarozzi
01-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Ray we have an air dump and it was designed IMO to be able to do just as your friend suggests because on the port side there is a manual gate where the rest of the utilities hook-ups are for a campground. The toilet in ours is a macerator so there is never any solids in the tank and the air dump, that comes out STARBORD side just before the drives:eek: