PDA

View Full Version : A not quite new member

jimblu
01-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Greetings to all

I bought an 89 Liberty one year ago this week and have been really appreciating the forum. After a recent PM with Jon regarding stands he suggested I introduce myself.

Lois and I have had a converted Crown 40' passenger coach for over 20 years (tandem drive, pancake Cummins, super duty suspension and high ground clearance you could drive on back roads in Baja) but after one too many traffic jams I wanted an automatic rather than the 10 speed......an older model Prevost appealed to us for the limited amount we use it now that our kids are grown, and I cut my teeth on 2 strokes from Saab Shrikes and 671's on up

We live in Grand Cayman most of the year, lots of diving and flying our 172, and use the bus a few months a year.

We hope to catch up with you all one day, but the best winter weather is upon us, 82 days, 78 nights, and seawater 78.

Glad to be a member

Jim and Lois Blumenthal

dalej
01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Grand Cayman....that's great! Maybe someday we can have a rally there.

Jan and I did our open water dive there for our PADI card.

Glad to have you two on board.

blacklab
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Welcome Jim & Lois, I envy your location. I took this picture last week up in Grand Rapids, MN. We were up there at our son's hockey tournament. Single digits and icicles on the bus. Next trip I'm buying earmuffs !

Jon Wehrenberg
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the asylum Jim. We high wing guys are more than happy to have another member of the group to offset the guys that fly funny planes.

lewpopp
01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Blacklab...Now that's freezing your NADS off.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
That guy's got balls....big brass ones. Anybody notice the size of the lock relative to the size of his nads?