PDA

View Full Version : F1 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal

rff105
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know if Prevost Car or any converters have camp sites/rallies for the Canadian Grand Prix June 6th – 8th, 2008? Or any information on Montreal camp sites in general would be appreciated. Obviously we would rather not dry camp but it usually ends up that way at racing events.

Is anyone else planning to go?

truk4u
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Richard,

Try sending an e-mail to Chris Yates (sticky), I think he was up there last year. Here's his address.. chris@kimsnider.com

He doesn't do much on the board in the winter, to busy teaching snow bunnies how to ski in NM.

Chris and Debbie Yates
01-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Just read your post about the canadian grand prix...chris and I went last year as truck said...we stayed at a campsite called alloutte i believe.it provided transport to the race and back for the 3 days as you cannot get on the island.the campsite was ok,there is a golf range there ,nothing spectacular but quite adequate.I am out of town at the moment but would be happy to email the exact details of the place when i get back to dallas this weekend..cheers Debbie

rff105
01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks, would appreciate that. rfiorejr@lsfiore.com Are you going this year? Where did you sit? Ok seats? Could you see a TV?

GDeen
01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Richard,
I have never taken a bus to Montreal, but did attend the race 10 or 11 times between 94 and 05 or so...

I like seats at the start/finish line since you can see all the pre-race prep and the start. You then have the large screen to view other areas of the track. The other recommendation would be either the 1st turn or the hairpin on the far end of the track. Those two locations generally provide a lot of the action during the race and also have a large screen for viewing.

Montreal is a great city and the party downtown is huge. Make sure and get down to Crescent street on Friday and/or Saturday night. They block off the streets and have a band on the street, F-1 cars for up close viewing, etc. A seat on Winnies outdoor patio is a great place to have drinks and watch the crowd. Have fun!