PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Hot Zone shot

rickdesilva
01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Aqua hot ran perfectly on the way to Fla from Jersey. Its a 3 zone unit. 2 zones work perfectly, one zone throws cold air. There are no "fault" lights everything is green, the circulator pump for that zone operates, there are no kinks in the supply line or the return. I can only assume that the impeller in the pump for that zone is shot and I need a new pump. Has anyone had any experience with the Aqua Hot pumps. Word is that we're going down into the 30's tonight in sunny Naples.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Aqua hot ran perfectly on the way to Fla from Jersey. Its a 3 zone unit. 2 zones work perfectly, one zone throws cold air. There are no "fault" lights everything is green, the circulator pump for that zone operates, there are no kinks in the supply line or the return. I can only assume that the impeller in the pump for that zone is shot and I need a new pump. Has anyone had any experience with the Aqua Hot pumps. Word is that we're going down into the 30's tonight in sunny Naples.

Rick, You say you have three zones and two are working fine that tells me that one of the zones is not getting hot water. It does not tell me that you need a new pump. In a residential home hydronic furnace (you have a miniature version ) there is one pump and an electric solenoid valve and thermostat associated with each zone.
The zone valve in a residential unit has a manual over ride on the valve (a flat metal lever to open the valve manually). Even in the circumstance of a thermostat or valve failure you can open the valve manually to allow the hot water to flow through the fin tube registers.
Things to check:
the valves should all be close together. Feel the piping for warmth to find the valves. Feel the piping on both sides of the valve to find the faulty valve. (should be warm on both sides of the valve). This test assumes thermostats are set to call for heat and that there is power to the thermostat and the valve.
;)JIM

Larry W
01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Jim
I own my second Aqua-hot. One was in a plastic coach. Both of mine have had a pump for each zone. Sounds to me the pump is not working or the line is plugged or shut off. My units have had heater type hose as part of the plumbing. Have seen heater hoses plug on cars. Any time I have called Aqua hot for help they have been super. The number is 800-685-4298. They are in the mountain time zone.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Larry, that's good to know about the use of individual pumps. There's more than one way to skin a cat and not seeing what Rick actually has, I gave out some generic information.
The basic principal is the same however, that of controlling hot water to different areas to independently heat that area.

JIM:)

rickdesilva
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
I finally figured it out. There's a one way valve just above the circulation pump that was stuck. One little shot with a hammer and we have heat ! The baffling thing was that everything seemed to be operational, even the circulation pump. There were no error lights, the 2 other zones worked fine,the fans cycled,. The only thing missing was the hot air. Mission accomplished thanks for the help!